Windows 10: ms display adapter "couldn't connect" message when trying to connect laptop to tv

Discus and support ms display adapter "couldn't connect" message when trying to connect laptop to tv in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ms display adapter "couldn't connect" message when trying to connect laptop to tv... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NicholasHefty, Apr 11, 2019.

1. ms display adapter "couldn't connect" message when trying to connect laptop to tv

ms display adapter "couldn't connect" message when trying to connect laptop to tv

:)

NicholasHefty, Apr 11, 2019
  2. tracy5488 Win User

MS Wireless display adapter - wont connect

I have a MS Surface Book running Windows 10 and I bought a MS Wireless display adapter to connect to m Samsung Smart TV.

I plugged in the display adapter as per instructions and the connection was made immediately and my laptop now has the display adapter listed.

I was able to project from laptop to TV for a few minutes then it disconnected and will not reconnect.

Each time it tries, it briefly connects, I get the message saying there is a firmware update, but it does not stay connected long enough for me to run the update.

Its driving me mad.

Please help!

tracy5488, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Problem in connection Microsoft Display Adapter to TV on Windows 10

Old title: MS Display Adapter conectionn to TV

I just bought a new Surface Pro4 and am having an issue connecting the MS Display Adapter to my TV.

The TV shows the MS Logo and says it is ready to connect. When I try to add the Display Adapter as a new connection it attempts to connect. The TV says it is connecting and the laptop says to follow any instructions on the TV.

Then it comes back with a message that the TV quit waiting, try again.

I have tried numerous times with two computers, with the same results.

SteveGrimsley, Apr 11, 2019
  4. ms display adapter "couldn't connect" message when trying to connect laptop to tv

Issue with connecting Dual monitor with Wireless Display Adapter

Adapter installed in my Windows 10 Pro laptop.

TV screen display "Ready for Connection".

Both Adapter and TV listed in My Devices ("Unconnected")

Action Center does not list either device to allow Connection.

(Firewall allows both Private and Public use)

***Modify title from: MS Wireless Display Adapter / my TV***

Penny wells, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

ms display adapter "couldn't connect" message when trying to connect laptop to tv

1. ms display adapter "couldn't connect" message when trying to connect laptop to tv - Similar Threads - display adapter couldn't

2. Wireless Display Adapter app crashes when trying to connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Display Adapter app crashes when trying to connect: I have just downloaded the latest app from the store windows 11, insider, fully up to date.I just bought a brand new 4k wireless display adapter.If I connect to the wireless display from Windows and then start the app, it crashes immediately.If I disconnect the display and...
  3. Wireless Display Adapter app crashes when trying to connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Display Adapter app crashes when trying to connect: I have just downloaded the latest app from the store windows 11, insider, fully up to date.I just bought a brand new 4k wireless display adapter.If I connect to the wireless display from Windows and then start the app, it crashes immediately.If I disconnect the display and...
  4. Wireless Display Adapter - Couldn't connect / wait a moment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Display Adapter - Couldn't connect / wait a moment: HiI have a problem reconnecting to a Monitor with a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.The first connection to this Wireless Adapter is quick and without any issues.After a disconnect and reconnect, the Monitor shows the Message "Couldn't connect. Wait a moment". After a...
  5. Wireless Display Adapter - Couldn't connect / wait a moment

Wireless Display Adapter - Couldn't connect / wait a moment: HiI have a problem reconnecting to a Monitor with a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.The first connection to this Wireless Adapter is quick and without any issues.After a disconnect and reconnect, the Monitor shows the Message "Couldn't connect. Wait a moment". After a...
  6. trying to get laptop to connect to tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to get laptop to connect to tv: Split from this thread. trying to get laptop to connect to tv https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-get-laptop-to-connect-to-tv/8471cce9-b28c-4f72-b471-b95542f9aaca
  7. trying to get laptop to connect to tv

trying to get laptop to connect to tv: Split from this thread. trying to get laptop to connect to tv https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-get-laptop-to-connect-to-tv/8471cce9-b28c-4f72-b471-b95542f9aaca
  8. Couldn't connect Wireless TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Couldn't connect Wireless TV: Greetings,I have have a Lenovo ThinkPad E14, with AMD Radeon RX-640 .I have tried all the suggestions to connect/screen-mirror pc screen to wireless TV.I just receive the "Couldn't connect to your device. Try to reconnect through the action center." I am trying to connect to...
  9. Solved inability to connect to MS Display Adapter

Solved inability to connect to MS Display Adapter: This isn't a question, but I have seen several people with the same problem I had with absolutely no solution. I was trying to connect my desktop to a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter, but it wouldn't even try to connect. I went through all the troubleshooting steps. I...
  10. My Laptop couldn't connect to Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

My Laptop couldn't connect to Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter: Device: Asus ZenBook laptop UX310UQK Issue: Cannot connect to Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter, device is shown in the laptop but it failed to connect and the notification of "something went wrong, your device couldn't connect" appeared. I have: Removed the device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. couldnt connect to your device

2. couldnt connect to your device try to reconnect through the action center

3. wifi display couldnt connect try to recoonect through the aciton

4. couldnt connect msdisplayab,
  5. my computer is saying try to reconnect from action center when i try to connect to my tv,
  6. couldnt nonect to display,
  7. couldnt connect to tv,
  8. ms display adapter_7 couldnt connect to samsung,
  9. laptop trying to connect to TV and says cannot connect,
  10. couldnt connect to your device try connecting to action center,
  11. couldnt connect to your device. try to reconnect through the action center for lg tv and message wont go away,
  12. wireless display couldnt connect try to reconnect through the action center,
  13. wireless display adapter fails to connect,
  14. couldnt connect to your device try to reconnect through the action center windows 10,
  15. couldnt connect to device. try connect though the action center