Windows 10: ms display adapter_92 wont connect

Discus and support ms display adapter_92 wont connect in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've just bought the ms display adapter_92. My laptop finds the devise when I go to add devises. The pin request comes up on the Sony Bravia tv screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MalcolmG56, Nov 19, 2018.

1. ms display adapter_92 wont connect

I've just bought the ms display adapter_92. My laptop finds the devise when I go to add devises. The pin request comes up on the Sony Bravia tv screen. I enter the pin number and both laptop and tv try to connect but without success.

when I swipe the right hand laptop screen and go connect it does not recognise the display adapter. There is a notice saying the laptop is not compatible with miracast but I'm not using miracast.

I'm using an upgrade version of windows 10. It was originally windows 8.1.

It's very frustrating. Please help

:)

MalcolmG56, Nov 19, 2018
  2. tracy5488 Win User

MS Wireless display adapter - wont connect

I have a MS Surface Book running Windows 10 and I bought a MS Wireless display adapter to connect to m Samsung Smart TV.

I plugged in the display adapter as per instructions and the connection was made immediately and my laptop now has the display adapter listed.

I was able to project from laptop to TV for a few minutes then it disconnected and will not reconnect.

Each time it tries, it briefly connects, I get the message saying there is a firmware update, but it does not stay connected long enough for me to run the update.

Its driving me mad.

Please help!

tracy5488, Nov 19, 2018
  3. bob_sun Win User
    MS Display Adapter won't connect to PC

Thanks for the response, Michelle.

I continue to have a non-functional Windows Display Adapter. Attempts to link go through the same sequence:

1) I click on the “connect” box and the device on my TV appears:

MSDisplayAdapter_DC

Display

2) I click on the item and this appears:

MSDisplayAdapter_DC

Connecting

Follow any instructions on MSDisplayAdapter_DC

3) Then it reverts back to 1)

4) I click again and it goes back to 2)

5) Then an error message appears:

“We didn’t get any response from the device.

Try connecting again”

The TV is in another room. The distance between the TV (a Samsung UN55ES7500)
    and the computer is 18-20ft.

The connection was quite successful for a considerable time. Nothing has changed in the arrangements recently.

I went through your suggestion and more:

• I completed the latest Windows update – up to date
    • The app for the display adapter has a check for updates. It says it is up to date

Firmware version: 2.0.8372

I updated the driver for the NVidia GeForce GTX960
    • I disconnected and reconnected the device

I purchased a new device from BestBuy

I changed HDMI Port from HDMI3 to HDMI2
    • I went through the “Clean Start sequence
    Nothing made any difference.

Any suggestions? This is a big disappointment to me. I purchased the Nvidia Geforce card because it was compatible with the MS Display Adapter, and I have used it many times to display photo shows and stream movies.

bob_sun, Nov 19, 2018
  4. ms display adapter_92 wont connect

PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about POST/boot/no video problems! - Systems

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

ms display adapter_92 wont connect

1. ms display adapter_92 wont connect - Similar Threads - display adapter_92 wont

2. MS store wont open, and wont download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS store wont open, and wont download: Hey, I have tried absolutely everything. I cannot download or open MS store. Every time I try to open it it says I need to download a new app to open it. So I try to download it but the only thing that downloads when I click the download links is a pdf of terms and...
  3. MS store wont open, and wont download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS store wont open, and wont download: Hey, I have tried absolutely everything. I cannot download or open MS store. Every time I try to open it it says I need to download a new app to open it. So I try to download it but the only thing that downloads when I click the download links is a pdf of terms and...
  4. MS store wont open, and wont download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. win10 22h2 ms display adapter v2 not connecting

win10 22h2 ms display adapter v2 not connecting: i have 2 surface proone pro5, one pro7after updating win10 22h2, pro7 that used to be ok using MS display adapter now cannot connecting.App from M Store cant update the bios since i cant connecting the adapter.pro5 hasnt been used for a while and hasnt updated for the newest...
  6. win10 22h2 ms display adapter v2 not connecting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 22h2 ms display adapter v2 not connecting: i have 2 surface proone pro5, one pro7after updating win10 22h2, pro7 that used to be ok using MS display adapter now cannot connecting.App from M Store cant update the bios since i cant connecting the adapter.pro5 hasnt been used for a while and hasnt updated for the newest...
  7. win10 22h2 ms display adapter v2 not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. MS wireless display app is not connected to any device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS wireless display app is not connected to any device: I have primarily tried to cast my android device to my win11 pc. The pc is detected on the phone but when clicked on the pc the progress is stuck on "connecting..." and on the wireless display app there is no response. Is there some setting missing on the windows registry or...
  9. MS wireless display app is not connected to any device

MS wireless display app is not connected to any device: I have primarily tried to cast my android device to my win11 pc. The pc is detected on the phone but when clicked on the pc the progress is stuck on "connecting..." and on the wireless display app there is no response. Is there some setting missing on the windows registry or...
  10. Solved inability to connect to MS Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Solved inability to connect to MS Display Adapter: This isn't a question, but I have seen several people with the same problem I had with absolutely no solution. I was trying to connect my desktop to a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter, but it wouldn't even try to connect. I went through all the troubleshooting steps. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. MSDISPLAYADAPTER WINDOWS 8.1 WONT CONNECT