Windows 10: MS Display Adaptor C5 paring failure after firmware upgrade

Discus and support MS Display Adaptor C5 paring failure after firmware upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Has this happened to anyone? My MS display adaptor C5 was working well when a firmware upgrade was identified.. like a fool I said ok to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DGBateman, Apr 21, 2019.

1. DGBateman Win User

MS Display Adaptor C5 paring failure after firmware upgrade

Hello,

Has this happened to anyone? My MS display adaptor C5 was working well when a firmware upgrade was identified.. like a fool I said ok to the upgrade and now it will not pair. I have tried all the recommended steps in the help files with no avail. Have tried a second computer running windows 10 and no joy.

The firmware upgrade is V2.0.8381. Each computer can see the adaptor but fail in pairing even after making the recommended checks from the help files.

I have no idea how to modify the firmware outside of not paring.. now my display adaptor is ruined.. thanks microsoft..

:)

DGBateman, Apr 21, 2019

2. Display adaptors

Hi John,

I am sorry to hear that you have been facing this problem. Let us see what we can do to resolve this display issue.

• Is the columns of hyphens only appears on playing videos or opening the pictures only?

• How many display adaptors have you installed in the Computer?

As an initial step, let’s update any pending update for Windows 10. Please follow the below steps to update to latest build.

• Press Windows key+ I to open the
      Settings.

• Click on Update & security, then click on
      Windows Update.

• Select Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

If the issue still persist, then you may try running the hardware troubleshooter and check if the issue can be resolved;

Follow the steps given below:

• Type troubleshooting in the search tool.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware
      and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware
      and Device Troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist, you may contact the AMD support team to get a Windows 10 compatible driver as the latest driver provided by the AMD for this graphic card is supported for Windows 7 only. Click on the below link to
    go to the AMD support team.

https://community.amd.com/community/support-forums

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Apr 21, 2019
  3. ramshill Win User
    windows 10 detecting wrong display adaptor

I am having a problem with the windows 10 upgrade service.
    It keeps telling me my display adaptor is a Matrox adaptor but the actual adaptor is an intel motherboard adaptor.
    No Matrox adaptor has ever been fitted (I have had the computer for 15 years (various new motherboards etc) and never have used a Matrox adaptor.

It wont let me upgrade as it says the adaptor is not supported.

Any idea whats going on?

ramshill, Apr 21, 2019
  4. MS Display Adaptor C5 paring failure after firmware upgrade

Windows Display Adaptor Can't resolve a web page after connected

Hi,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

Since the above steps did not help to fix the issue, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Follow the below methods.

The issue you are facing may occur due to the network adapter driver is outdated. I suggest you to run Network troubleshooter and let us know the status.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run Network troubleshooter and check.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Network troubleshooter.

• Click on Advanced on the Network troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Network troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps provided.

Method 2.

I would suggest you to update network driver manually and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Network adaptor and right click on it and
      Network adaptor and update the driver.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

MS Display Adaptor C5 paring failure after firmware upgrade

1. MS Display Adaptor C5 paring failure after firmware upgrade - Similar Threads - Display Adaptor paring

2. Nokia C5-00 RM-645 firmware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nokia C5-00 RM-645 firmware: Hello. I can't find firmware for my Nokia C5-00 RM-645 with product code 059D967.Maybe someone else has the necessary files?I really need this to restore the phone to life....
  3. Nokia C5-00 RM-645 firmware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nokia C5-00 RM-645 firmware: Hello. I can't find firmware for my Nokia C5-00 RM-645 with product code 059D967.Maybe someone else has the necessary files?I really need this to restore the phone to life....
  4. Wireless Display Adaptor - Recently upgraded firmware to V.2.0.8442 from V.2.0.8350

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Display Adaptor - Recently upgraded firmware to V.2.0.8442 from V.2.0.8350: Wireless Display Adaptor - Recently upgraded firmware to V.2.0.8442 from V.2.0.8350 Recently upgraded two of my four adapters to the latest version of the firmware. Now on turning on my Monitor, I am experiencing a static screen and associated loud noise while the adapter...
  5. Wireless Display Adaptor - Recently upgraded firmware to V.2.0.8442 from V.2.0.8350

Wireless Display Adaptor - Recently upgraded firmware to V.2.0.8442 from V.2.0.8350: Wireless Display Adaptor - Recently upgraded firmware to V.2.0.8442 from V.2.0.8350 Recently upgraded two of my four adapters to the latest version of the firmware. Now on turning on my Monitor, I am experiencing a static screen and associated loud noise while the adapter...
  6. Wireless Display Adaptor - No option to upgrade to firmware V.2.0.8442 from V.2.0.8350

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Display Adaptor - No option to upgrade to firmware V.2.0.8442 from V.2.0.8350: I have been using two Wireless Display adapters V2 with many of my laptops for two separate displays without any issues. Current firmware for the wireless adapters are V2.0.8442. I decided to purchase a third adaptor for our new projector monitor however it only works for one...
  7. Wireless Display Adaptor - No option to upgrade to firmware V.2.0.8442 from V.2.0.8350

Wireless Display Adaptor - No option to upgrade to firmware V.2.0.8442 from V.2.0.8350: I have been using two Wireless Display adapters V2 with many of my laptops for two separate displays without any issues. Current firmware for the wireless adapters are V2.0.8442. I decided to purchase a third adaptor for our new projector monitor however it only works for one...
  8. Wireless Display Adaptor - No option to upgrade to firmware V.2.0.8442 from V.2.0.8350

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. MS Display adaptor not connecting - not activty shown on network adaptor

MS Display adaptor not connecting - not activty shown on network adaptor: HI I have recently bought an MS display adaptor. It has connected to both my Lenovo ThinkPad and Asus UX305UA Both windows 10 successfully but only once or twice. 95% of the time it does not work. I have checked and my wifi drivers are up to date as well as the intel...
  10. Display Adaptor

Display Adaptor: Hello, I have uninstalled the display adaptor without intention. I wanted to reinstall the driver for the display adaptor but then noticed, that there wasn't a display adaptor in the device manager anymore. It just didn't pop up. I also checked that hidden devices were...