Windows 10: MS Display adaptor not connecting - not activty shown on network adaptor

Discus and support MS Display adaptor not connecting - not activty shown on network adaptor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI I have recently bought an MS display adaptor. It has connected to both my Lenovo ThinkPad and Asus UX305UA Both windows 10 successfully but only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by michaelmccullough5, Jun 24, 2020.

1. MS Display adaptor not connecting - not activty shown on network adaptor

HI

I have recently bought an MS display adaptor.

It has connected to both my Lenovo ThinkPad and Asus UX305UA Both windows 10 successfully but only once or twice.

95% of the time it does not work.

I have checked and my wifi drivers are up to date as well as the intel HD graphics 520 driver

Wireless displays have been allowed on Windows defender.

What is really strange is that it has successfully connected and worked on both PC's but if I disconnect and try again it does not work.

I originally received the display on firmware V.2.0.7250 I think and after successfully connecting today I upgraded to V.2.0.8385 hoping it would solve the issue.

After updating the firmware the device rebooted and I could not reconnect using the same laptop I had just used to update the firmware.

I do see a Device not migrated event on the Microsoft WI-FI Direct Virtual Adaptor #2 when I try to open the connection.

I also don't see bytes being transmitted and received and the IPV4 and IPV6 connectivity shows as No Network Access when I check the adaptor status when trying to connect.

Driver for the Microsoft WI-FI Direct Virtual Adaptor #2 is 10.0.14393.0 from 2006/06/21 Seems pretty old but it says there is no a newer one

Please help!

This was a very expensive piece of kit for something that does not work

Thanks

Mike

:)

michaelmccullough5, Jun 24, 2020
  2. IvanSQ Win User

Display Adaptor

Hello,

I have uninstalled the display adaptor without intention.

I wanted to reinstall the driver for the display adaptor but then noticed, that there wasn't a display adaptor in the device manager anymore. It just didn't pop up. I also checked that hidden devices were shown. But the display adaptor still didn't pop up.

I really need help because I can't work without a driver and I need my computer right now

Thank you

IvanSQ, Jun 24, 2020
  3. argon42 Win User
    Display Adaptor not connecting

I am having problems connecting my PC. My computer can detect the Display Adaptor, and I can click to connect it to my PC. The display adaptor will then change from the static "Ready to connect" screen to a dynamic "Connecting to PC" screen (the one with
    3 dots going from left to right). It eventually fails to connect and returns to the static "Ready to connect" screen.

It did work just fine before the Fall Creators update.

I have already reset the adaptor, replaced it with a new one, installed latest graphic and wireless drivers. I disabled my Kaspersky antivirus, deleted it, reinstalled it, checked firewall configuration.

So what else can I do, besides reinstalling Windows 10?

Extra details:

Intel NUC 6 i5 (Intel Iris Graphics 540, Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260)

Win 10 Education, version 1709, build 16299.125

Returned Wireless Display Adaptor version 2.0.8372, new Wireless Display Adaptor version 2.0.8350

argon42, Jun 24, 2020
  4. MichaelCD Win User

MS Display adaptor not connecting - not activty shown on network adaptor

Resetting Network Adaptor

A question that was asked before but wasn't answered properly.
    How do I RESET my network adaptor? I don't want to uninstall and reinstall. I just want to reset. When I get the little exclamation mark on my WiFi signal connection, 9 times out of 10 it just does a network adaptor reset. 99 times out of 100, I can
    fix it by pulling out the adaptor and reinserting it. Sometimes there will be a connection, but it would be slow and pulling out and reinserting the adaptor has helped. Is there a way of resetting that is as easy as
    right click on the WiFi signal and selecting an option of "Reset Network Adaptor" (ideal world but this is Microsoft so nothing could be that easy)? Is it possible that someone could please suggest to someone about
    installing such an option?

MichaelCD, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

MS Display adaptor not connecting - not activty shown on network adaptor

1. MS Display adaptor not connecting - not activty shown on network adaptor - Similar Threads - Display adaptor connecting

2. Microsoft Wireless Display Adaptor Not Connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adaptor Not Connecting: I have recently bought a Microsoft wireless display adaptor however my computer fails to connect to it, I have tried self troubleshooting the problem by following the guide on Microsoft, I've redid my network and display drivers, I've restarted the adaptor, I've tried other...
  3. Network adaptors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adaptors: I have a surface 3 laptop running on windows 10 with wifi modem.Suddenly stopped working with message ‘No internet detected’. Toggled power on laptop and modem, no joy. wifi is fine on other devices so no issues with wifi as such. Advised to install a wifi usb which got me...
  4. Network adaptors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adaptors: I have a surface 3 laptop running on windows 10 with wifi modem.Suddenly stopped working with message ‘No internet detected’. Toggled power on laptop and modem, no joy. wifi is fine on other devices so no issues with wifi as such. Advised to install a wifi usb which got me...
  5. Network adaptors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Network adaptor

Network adaptor: Hello i am trying to reinstall my network adpotor for my windows 10 pc. I just got this pc and i was trying to figure out why i could not connect to internet when i Deleted my network adpotor. When ever i try to do a hardware scan it does not pop up again. Please someone...
  7. Network Adaptor, Wifi Adaptor for Window 10

Network Adaptor, Wifi Adaptor for Window 10: Hey, I have a problem with my System i.e. I can not connect my system with any wifi or router wirelessly. My System model is DELL Inspiron 3442 [ATTACH] This is my PC having Windows 10 64-bit. Please help me by giving an adapter for connecting my router to my PC. Already...
  8. Wireless Display Adaptor connection error

Wireless Display Adaptor connection error: Hi everyone, I've been trying to connect Microsoft's Wireless Display Adapter on my second computer. The device works fine on the first one. Here is the situation: I've updated the firmware of the adapter with the first computer. I've followed microsoft's entire...
  9. network adaptors

network adaptors: i have just installed a usb network adaptor on my pc can i link the pc adaptor to the usb adaptor to boost signal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-adaptors/543b3297-9579-4534-b667-70621a16baaf
  10. Display Adaptor

Display Adaptor: Hello, I have uninstalled the display adaptor without intention. I wanted to reinstall the driver for the display adaptor but then noticed, that there wasn't a display adaptor in the device manager anymore. It just didn't pop up. I also checked that hidden devices were...