Windows 10: MS doesn't understand pen and keyboard input... :-(

Discus and support MS doesn't understand pen and keyboard input... :-( in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since at least Windows 7 I am fighting with a most annoying behavior in Windows w.r.t to multi-language pen input: To allow me to enter German and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mmo, Dec 30, 2015.

1. MMO
    mmo Win User

MS doesn't understand pen and keyboard input... :-(

Since at least Windows 7 I am fighting with a most annoying behavior in Windows w.r.t to multi-language pen input:

To allow me to enter German and English characters on the same keyboard without constantly having to remap my fingers (or rather my brain) I have long time ago switched to the "English International" keyboard layout which allows me to write in English AND German on the very same keyboard without switching key layouts..

Now, if I want to write using a pen (which I use a lot since Windows 7 and now in Windows 10) to make Windows properly recognize the hand-writing one always first has to adjust the input language or else Windows recognizes only garbage. This is already annoying enough. It would be much better if one could teach Windows to recognize multiple languages (e.g. on my Android table this works perfectly)!

But - even more annoying - this input language adjustment also switches the keyboard layout, i.e. if I switch to using the keyboard after having written something with the pen in German) the keyboard is also switched to the German layout, which regularly drives me nuts and forces me to edit or reenter stuff.

Why is there no option to change the recognition language ONLY for pen input but leave the keyboard layout ALWAYS the same?

This indicates to me that MS has no real clue how their users are actually using their systems! Is there really no bilingual employee within MS using the English International keyboard for typing and inking in two (or more) languages?

:)

2. How can I enable pen input mode on a Lenovo T10 tablet which is running Windows 10?

<Original Title: Pen input on tablet>

How do I enable pen input mode on a Lenovo T10 tablet running windows 10?

The pen input option on the keyboard selector is greyed out.

Many thanks

Andrew

AndrewGibbons, Dec 30, 2015
  3. The pen input panel on my HP Note 8 Envy (Windows 10) no longer "launches" correctly.

* Original title: windows 10 pen input panel

The pen input panel on my HP Note 8 Envy (Windows 10) no longer "launches" correctly. It hangs low on the touch screen and the white input line is not centered and not active (no input). I can reboot the tablet, but it is 50/50 whether the pen input panel
    works. There is no problem launching the various keyboards, but I use the tablet with the pen. Any solutions to suggest? Thank you!

waldenpondenvy, Dec 30, 2015
Thema:

MS doesn't understand pen and keyboard input... :-(

1. MS doesn't understand pen and keyboard input... :-( - Similar Threads - doesn't understand pen

2. Pen input for T14

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pen input for T14: Hi Forum, Hope all is well. I was recently given a Lenovo ThinkPad T14 by work and only just realised it has a touch screen. I tried to use the pen came with my personal Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Tablet on it and it doesn't work. The T14 runs windows 10 and I have checked the Pen &...
  3. Pen input for T14

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pen input for T14: Hi Forum, Hope all is well. I was recently given a Lenovo ThinkPad T14 by work and only just realised it has a touch screen. I tried to use the pen came with my personal Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Tablet on it and it doesn't work. The T14 runs windows 10 and I have checked the Pen &...
  4. Surface Pen intermittent input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pen intermittent input: I recently bought an Asus Zenbook Flip 15 UX562IA along with a Surface Pen.Connecting worked like a charm. However, the input is highly unreliable and has been from the start.When writing in any app that supports Windows Ink, the connection seems to break off after about...
  5. Windows doesn't get my keyboard input

in Cortana
    Windows doesn't get my keyboard input: Hello, I have just gotten a problem, where windows don't get any input from my keyboard. I've tried many methods that I saw online, but it still doesn't work. The keyboard works on any other program, e. g. Google. What could be the problem? Thanks in advance, Emilis...
  6. Keyboard/Pen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard/Pen: So I recently got an HP Envy 360 and for some reason when I put it in tablet mode, the physical keyboard is still active, and so keys will be pressed accidentally and start to mess up what I am doing, watching a video, drawing, etc. Additionally, in tablet mode the virtual...
  7. Keyboard intermittently laggy or doesn't register inputs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard intermittently laggy or doesn't register inputs: I've been having an issue in Windows 10 since a few months ago when an update rolled out, where my keyboard would intermittently fail to register inputs for up to ten seconds, or would not register inputs and then subsequently register all inputs simultaneously a few seconds...
  8. MS Mail and Edge will not accept keyboard input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Mail and Edge will not accept keyboard input: I am helping a friend that has problems with MS Mail and People. She can receive email but cannot type in anything in MS Mail. Also, all her People contacts have changed to only showing phone numbers and not email addresses. Tried to open Edge but cannot type in anything....
  9. inverted pen Input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    inverted pen Input: Recently I have changed a screen on my laptop HP ENVY x 360 but met a strange issue because when I am trying to use my Bamboo Ink pen it is inverted. The first thing I did to fix it was checking all the drivers but it didn’t help. I know this type of the issue is connected...
  10. Pen Input inverted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pen Input inverted: I have an HP ENVY x360, and I recently got it back from a repair shop, had to get a new screen. Now whenever I try and use my Bamboo Ink pen it is inverted. I have checked for new drivers for everything I can think of and it still didn't work. I don't know if it could be the...