Windows 10: MS-DOS 16-bit error

Discus and support MS-DOS 16-bit error in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been running Windows 10 and others before without problem. Suddenly, today, I get an error message when trying to run some DOS programs. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HorstTruestedt, Mar 29, 2019.

1. MS-DOS 16-bit error

I have been running Windows 10 and others before without problem. Suddenly, today, I get an error message when trying to run some DOS programs. The error is:

16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem

Command Prompt - program

config.nt. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose Close to terminate the application.

HELP. Thanks, Horst Truestedt

:)

HorstTruestedt, Mar 29, 2019

2. how do I run 16-bit/ms-dos applications on 64-bit windows 10?

I want to run some 16-bit applications but I got this error:

This app can't run on your PC

and it was a 16-bit application. the same error happened when I tried to open a ms-dos application. compatibility mode won't work. what do I do to make them run?

papperboy3498, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Windows 16-bit

Dear,

I have tried to install Windows 8.1 on my Lumia 550 by entered a SD card as an installation disk and reboot but it doesn't work.

Can anyone tell me that can I install Windows on 16-bit devices as my phone and if it possible, tell me step-by-step how to do it?

Thank you for read and answered.

MinhPhan Hai, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

MS-DOS 16-bit error

Windows 10 - change from 8-bit to 16-bit

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know, if you are trying to run the program in Windows 10 as Reduced color mode from 8-bit to 16-bit, or you are trying to change the video settings within the software itself?

If you are trying to run the software in reduce color mode, you can follow the steps below.

Method 1: Change Reduced color mode through compatibility settings.

1. Right click on the program icon.
    2. Click on Properties
    3. Click on Compatibility tab.
    4. Check Reduced color mode from the settings.
    5. Change the color mode from
      8-bit color to 16-bit color

Method 2: Edit Video with Roxio.

If you are trying to change the settings within the software, I suggest you refer this article to

edit video with Roxio

If you have any further question regarding the settings on the software, I suggest you get in touch with the
    Roxio Support, for better solution.

Additional information:
    Editing and Enhancing with Roxio

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

MS-DOS 16-bit error

1. MS-DOS 16-bit error - Similar Threads - DOS bit error

2. MS Dos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Dos: Now available MS Dos in windows 10 64 bit OS:Yes or No?See screenshoot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-dos/5c0232d2-d909-4a12-9db5-f74b0c38e274
  3. MS Dos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Dos: Now available MS Dos in windows 10 64 bit OS:Yes or No?See screenshoot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-dos/5c0232d2-d909-4a12-9db5-f74b0c38e274
  4. MS Dos

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Ms-DOS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ms-DOS: Using MS-DOS I want to create a list of the files on Drive D on my Windows 10 PC. I know how to do this for Drive C but when I added D: it would not accept. Can you please tell me the correct typing for the path. Thank you...
  6. invincible ms dos

in Windows 10 Customization
    invincible ms dos: I use a program running in a DOS window. As long as it ran under Windows 7, the right mouse button worked as Esc and the left mouse button as Enter in this dos-window. In the current version of Windows10 32bit it no longer works - is it possible to set it up? Thank you....
  7. Running a 16 bit application on windows 10 32 bit give a 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Running a 16 bit application on windows 10 32 bit give a 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem Error: We have an application that uses 16 bit drivers to process the data it has taken in today. We get the following error when trying to open our program 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem C:\[path to program]\RPROCOUT.exe An application has attempted to load a 16-bit Dos device driver,...
  8. MS-Dos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS-Dos: How do you download MS-Dos.iso? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-dos/8fdefe74-ac15-4358-83b3-f8135c5fa4e2
  9. 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem. An installable Virtual Device Driver failed Dll initialization....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem. An installable Virtual Device Driver failed Dll initialization....: I have this problem when trying to run a 16 bit application. I saw a previous post with a link to how to modify the registry to fix the problem but when I clicked on the link it comes back as not found. This is not a program I run all the time so the last time it worked was...
  10. how do I run 16-bit/ms-dos applications on 64-bit windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I run 16-bit/ms-dos applications on 64-bit windows 10?: I want to run some 16-bit applications but I got this error: This app can't run on your PC and it was a 16-bit application. the same error happened when I tried to open a ms-dos application. compatibility mode won't work. what do I do to make them run?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cod 4 16bit ms dos