Windows 10: MS Edge always starts maximized instead of minimized

Discus and support MS Edge always starts maximized instead of minimized in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; To clarify... I have set Edge to start with windows and in minimized state, but it just refuses to start this way and instead, it starts maximized... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Spyros78, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Spyros78 Win User

MS Edge always starts maximized instead of minimized

To clarify... I have set Edge to start with windows and in minimized state, but it just refuses to start this way and instead, it starts maximized always. Has anyone else come up with this issue and found a solution also? I did not find any so far after lot of bing-google, but only irrelevant topics.

Windows version 20H2 here

:)

Spyros78, Feb 17, 2021
  2. Cerawy Win User

Some issues with minimizing and maximizing games

Im trying the focus assist option right now, i will get back with the results.

Alright, so turning focus assist off seems to have reduced the time it takes for my games to minimize and maximize, but i still get the annoying messagebox in the top left corner of the screen. I would also like if all my games would minimize and maximize instantly, but its a step in the right direction.

Also, my games are running in exclusive fullscreen mode.

Cerawy, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Ken Blake Win User
    No maximize or minimize tab

There is nothing called a maximize or minimize *tab*. Do you mean the maximize and minimize *icons* in the upper right-hand corner of a window?

If so, in what program (or programs) are they missing?

Ken Blake, Feb 17, 2021
  4. MS Edge always starts maximized instead of minimized

How to actually start program minimized in Windows 10?

Steps i tried to make program (for example: Thunderbird) to load on startup, but minimized:

1. Placed shortcut under: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    2. In a shortcut properties i've checked "minimized"

Rebooted windows, it does start, but MAXIMIZED! Can't make it minimized, just like on MacOS i could set it hidden.

Alexander Kim, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

MS Edge always starts maximized instead of minimized

1. MS Edge always starts maximized instead of minimized - Similar Threads - Edge always starts

2. Windows 11 app always start in windowed instead maximize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 app always start in windowed instead maximize: So I reinstalled Windows 11 on my laptop, but everytime I open the app from taskbar or desktop like Edge, it always start in windowed instead maximize. I tried reinstall Windows again but it still same, I also looking solution in internet but nothing work so far...
  3. Windows 11 app always start in windowed instead maximize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 app always start in windowed instead maximize: So I reinstalled Windows 11 on my laptop, but everytime I open the app from taskbar or desktop like Edge, it always start in windowed instead maximize. I tried reinstall Windows again but it still same, I also looking solution in internet but nothing work so far...
  4. Minimized Applications Return in Windowed Form Instead of Maximized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimized Applications Return in Windowed Form Instead of Maximized: Hello, when I alt-tab or try to go back to a open application after minimizing it or going to my desktop, applications that I originally had maximized e.g. Discord, Opera GX, Spotify turn into windowed form, and I have to re-maximize them. Window support was completely...
  5. Minimized Applications Return in Windowed Form Instead of Maximized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minimized Applications Return in Windowed Form Instead of Maximized: Hello, when I alt-tab or try to go back to a open application after minimizing it or going to my desktop, applications that I originally had maximized e.g. Discord, Opera GX, Spotify turn into windowed form, and I have to re-maximize them. Window support was completely...
  6. minimize/maximize disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
    minimize/maximize disappear: on windows taskbar, I can "X" out of a screen, but there is no longer a minimize - or maximize -screen function, just the "X". What did I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximize-disappear/5859e95b-8b5b-4ee7-ad05-328a843e6f7f
  7. Minimize/maximize window

Minimize/maximize window: The line to minimize and the square to maximize window has disappeared from the top right of the screen. The only option shown is the x to close window. How do I restore the minimize and maximize option?...
  8. Sticky Notes always open maximized on windows startup! Can it start minimized?

Sticky Notes always open maximized on windows startup! Can it start minimized?: Thanks for all who answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-always-open-maximized-on-windows/69fc02d6-611a-4ede-934b-c714b99a8dc3
  9. No maximize or minimize tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No maximize or minimize tab: Issue with no minimize or maximize tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/no-maximize-or-minimize-tab/68847e49-620a-4f91-b9f4-7d41a540c126
  10. Always Open Shortcut as Normal, Minimized, or Maximized in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Always Open Shortcut as Normal, Minimized, or Maximized in Windows 10: How to: Always Open Shortcut as Normal, Minimized, or Maximized in Windows 10 How To Always Open Shortcut as Normal window, Minimized, or Maximized in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can set a shortcut to always run with a normal window, minimized, or...