Windows 10: MS Edge and IE 11 does not support html5 video element

Discus and support MS Edge and IE 11 does not support html5 video element in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For some reason I can't get IE 11 and MS Edge browsers to play html5 videos. When I go to youtube.com/html5 or html5test.com it shows that video... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by keptavista, Jul 5, 2016.

1. MS Edge and IE 11 does not support html5 video element

For some reason I can't get IE 11 and MS Edge browsers to play html5 videos. When I go to youtube.com/html5 or html5test.com it shows that video element is not supported (even though those browsers should support it). I have tried everything, reset all settings, even reinstalled ms edge through powershell, installed media feature pack and still no change. I guess there is some setting that I am not aware of, but after searching internet for hours did not find anything. Any ideas why video (and audio too) element might be not supported at all for Egde and IE?

:)

keptavista, Jul 5, 2016
  2. S. Allman Win User

Windows Media Codecs

I don't have third party codecs installed. This is an issue with a fresh install of Win10 and the MS Edge browser. HTML5 videos are not being rendered correctly by Microsoft's codec. I put an entry on my blog that shows more details on your product's
    problem. If there are more questions please put me directly in contact with the Edge team at MS so I can talk to them as an a fellow engineer.

See http://illuma.blogspot.com/2015/09/html5-video-rendering-problems-in-web.html

Chrome and IE 11 with Win7 work, Edge doesn't.

S. Allman, Jul 5, 2016
  3. MS Edge freezes PC when playing a video

I recently purchased a PC with W10. I have both MS Edge and IE 11. If I play a video in MS Edge, it freezes my PC and I have to use the power button to reboot. However I can play the same video in IE 11 with no problems....

Any suggestions?

Mike_Garland, Jul 5, 2016
  4. MS Edge and IE 11 does not support html5 video element

I have windows 10 N, and installed media features pack, however I also can not find windows media player at all in my system, maybe it is related. Not even in windows features menu in control panel. Strange, it is probably related with Edge problem. I guess I have turned off some settings or smth...

keptavista, Jul 6, 2016
  5. keptavista, Jul 7, 2016
  6. elbmek Win User
    I don't know if this will help but VLC do a great free video software prog?

elbmek, Jul 7, 2016
  7. I did have it already, that's why I didn't even notice that windows media player is missing and wouldn't care about it. But it seems media features pack is also integrated into other programs, like MS Edge browser and after installing the correct version of it Edge started supporting html5 video element.

keptavista, Jul 7, 2016
  8. elbmek Win User

MS Edge and IE 11 does not support html5 video element

ive just seen something else in Major Geeks, advanced codecs????

elbmek, Jul 7, 2016
  9. elbmek Win User
    I didn't know there was an incorrect version??

elbmek, Jul 7, 2016
  10. Yeah KB3010081 is the wrong update which installs without warning. Newer versions of windows 10 needs KB3099229

keptavista, Jul 8, 2016
  11. elbmek Win User
    thanks.

Checked: I don't seem to have either?

elbmek, Jul 8, 2016
  12. I guess this is only for windows 10 N versions that come without preinstalled browsers and media due to EU regulations. If everything works for you then don't worry. If you don't have windows media player or Edge does not support video then install kb3099229

keptavista, Jul 9, 2016
  13. elbmek Win User

just checked NASA on Edge, video incl live feed all fine. *chuckle

elbmek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MS Edge and IE 11 does not support html5 video element - Similar Threads - Edge does support

2. MS Edge IE Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Edge IE Mode: Hi, as the support for IE is due to be finished, this will be removed from our machines but this brings in an issue with loading legacy pages within Edge in IE Modei have removed IE from a machine by turning the feature off since then Edge will not load any legacy sites in IE...
  3. MS Edge IE Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Edge IE Mode: Hi, as the support for IE is due to be finished, this will be removed from our machines but this brings in an issue with loading legacy pages within Edge in IE Modei have removed IE from a machine by turning the feature off since then Edge will not load any legacy sites in IE...
  4. MS Edge IE Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. HTML5 Videos won't play

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HTML5 Videos won't play: All HTML video won't play. They buffer and I can skip to different frames but never will it play. Youtube/Reddit/Facebook. Chrome & Firefox. Restarted router, latest Windows updates, updated graphics driver, restarted PC several times, CCleaned PC Windows Build 1909 Thanks...
  6. Edge no longer supports HTML5

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge no longer supports HTML5: I have been putting my updates off for a little bit until I had time to waste on them. Yesterday July 18th I finally had the feature update: Windows 10, version 1803 x64 2019-07B be applied. Since then Microsoft Edge has stopped supporting HTML5. It doesn't matter what site I...
  7. MS IE and MS Edge won't play nicely

in Browsers and Email
    MS IE and MS Edge won't play nicely: I am trying to resolve an issue with my nephew's laptop. After a Remote repair tech in a third world country hosed this machine, I was able to repair the Win 10 Home installation. The owner wants/ needs to be able to use Edge, and IE 11 at the same time. Evidently the company...
  8. MS IE and MS Edge won't play nicely

in Windows 10 Support
    MS IE and MS Edge won't play nicely: I am trying to resolve an issue with my nephew's laptop. After a Remote repair tech in a third world country hosed this machine, I was able to repair the Win 10 Home installation. The owner wants/ needs to be able to use Edge, and IE 11 at the same time. Evidently the company...
  9. Edge and IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and IE 11: When I open Edge, it always goes to the last page I was on. I want to set a Home Page and have it open on the Home Page every time. How do I do that? How do I get the IE icon on the Taskbar? 120659
  10. edge wont load youtube videos in html5 player wtf?

in Browsers and Email
    edge wont load youtube videos in html5 player wtf?: edge nor ie dont want to load youtube videos in html5 if u disable flash in settings videos dont work what bullshit is that and flash stuttering like crazy .. chrome works fine..i really wanted to go on edge but just flash player is no go for me sorry and it stutters like a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. youtube ms edge does not support html5 video