Windows 10: MS Edge and PDF files - High-jacked

Discus and support MS Edge and PDF files - High-jacked in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What has happened with my Adobe Acrobat XI and MS Edge. Whenever I want create or open a PDF file, MS Edge takes over and displays the file. This is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AJBWolves, Jul 1, 2019.

1. AJBWolves Win User

MS Edge and PDF files - High-jacked

What has happened with my Adobe Acrobat XI and MS Edge. Whenever I want create or open a PDF file, MS Edge takes over and displays the file. This is a recent occurrence, but it persists. Even though Acrobat asks me to make it my default for PDF files, which I do, Edge is there on the next usage. How do I get Edge out of this loop?

:)

AJBWolves, Jul 1, 2019

2. PDF report not opening in MS Edge

The suggestions of Rohit Siddegowda do not work. I am having the same problems. PDF links on websites will not open in MS Edge. They work fine in every other browser. This seems like a MS Edge issue that Microsoft needs to address.

TimEllis_939, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Edge will not open PDF files

1st before answering please note these things have already been checked

• Edge has all its program defaults, already checked and verified
    • Edge is the default PDF handler, already verified
    • Edge cleared reset
    • reset IE11
    • Made sure IE11 has all it's defaults except is not the default browser, edge is
    Here is what happens, click a PDF, edge opens with a blank window

then IE 11 pops up asking of I want to save or open the file

Mind you the file is already on the hard drive

If you click save, of course it saves it, if you click OPEN, edge comes back, opens another blank tab and then IE 11 comes back asking to save the file.

If I right click the pdf file and choose open with, and pick IE11, it also asks to save but will not display the pdf doc

Any pdf doc

There are no error messages at all

The PC only has windows 10 installed, no adobe, no 3rd party apps etc

This happened apparently after the latest updates, no none MS induced changes have been done to the PC

Now, how does one fix this?

SherriannShelly, Jul 1, 2019
  4. MS Edge and PDF files - High-jacked

Navigating PDF viewer in Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced.
    I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to follow the below given steps to print the page.

• Open the pdf file you want to print in Edge.
    • Press Ctrl + P key to open print option.
    • Select the Printer and desired page layout.
    • Click on Print and check if it works.
    To search any words in the Edge PDF viewer, press Ctrl + F and type the desired words in find box in left top corner of the browser and search.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

MS Edge and PDF files - High-jacked

1. MS Edge and PDF files - High-jacked - Similar Threads - Edge PDF files

2. Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge: How can I spot Adobe *.pdf files from opening in MS Edge? I have Adobe Acrobat installed but the default keeps changing back to MS Edge. Can this be fixed? Thanks....
  3. Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge: How can I spot Adobe *.pdf files from opening in MS Edge? I have Adobe Acrobat installed but the default keeps changing back to MS Edge. Can this be fixed? Thanks....
  4. PDF file association is hijacked by Edge

PDF file association is hijacked by Edge: Hello! Edge is set as the default app for pdf files even though I never wanted this... the thing is that Edge should be fully uninstalled since I've used 3rd party scripts to remove bloat from my windows system, but now I can't change file associations for pdfs no matter what...
  5. I DON’T WANT MS EDGE TO OPEN PDF FILES INSIDE EDGE!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I DON’T WANT MS EDGE TO OPEN PDF FILES INSIDE EDGE!!!!: I use MS Edge as little as possible.Even when I do use it, it still succeeds in annoying the s**t out of me. And it seems it’s getting more and more intrusive and more and more arrogant.I have never set MS Edge to open PDF files inside the browser.I always want any browser...
  6. I DON’T WANT MS EDGE TO OPEN PDF FILES INSIDE EDGE!!!!

I DON’T WANT MS EDGE TO OPEN PDF FILES INSIDE EDGE!!!!: I use MS Edge as little as possible.Even when I do use it, it still succeeds in annoying the s**t out of me. And it seems it’s getting more and more intrusive and more and more arrogant.I have never set MS Edge to open PDF files inside the browser.I always want any browser...
  7. PDF file association keeps being hi-jacked by Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF file association keeps being hi-jacked by Edge: Windows 10 Enterprise I don't want to use Edge. I use Chrome and Acrobat Reader DC. This happens to me constantly... I have the latest version of Acrobat Reader DC and Chrome, and Edge keeps stealing .PDF, but no other extensions. I have tried all of the proper...
  8. MS Edge and PDF printer problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Edge and PDF printer problems: Hi, I'm able to print from Excel, Work and Powerpoint on my new Lenovo Yoga laptop to my Brother multi-function printer but whenever I try to print from MS Edge or Print a PDF, I get error message "Your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem. 0x8007007e....
  9. Suggestions to Open .PDF Files (Not Edge)

in Windows 10 Support
    Suggestions to Open .PDF Files (Not Edge): My Windows 7 desktop came with Nuance pdf Reader installed. My Windows 10 default is Edge, but I don't like it and I use Internet Explorer 11 for a browser. Can you suggest a pdf Reader? Thanks, cb 119456
  10. MS Edge narrating e-books but not pdf

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge narrating e-books but not pdf: Hello, I own a win10 home laptop, and wile exploring Edge, I realized it has a text-to-speech feature. I opened an .epub file and on top right a small button appears among others that enables narrating mode. It work surprisingly well, I experimented with a variety of voices...