Windows 10: MS Edge and PDF printer problems

Discus and support MS Edge and PDF printer problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm able to print from Excel, Work and Powerpoint on my new Lenovo Yoga laptop to my Brother multi-function printer but whenever I try to print... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thomai01, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Thomai01 Win User

MS Edge and PDF printer problems

Hi,

I'm able to print from Excel, Work and Powerpoint on my new Lenovo Yoga laptop to my Brother multi-function printer but whenever I try to print from MS Edge or Print a PDF, I get error message "Your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem. 0x8007007e.

I've removed the printer driver and reinstalled it again but this hasn't fixed the problem.

Can anyone help? thanks.

:)

Thomai01, Jun 3, 2019

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jun 3, 2019
  3. ddelo Win User
    MS Edge does not print to Adobe PDF, following FCU

Since installing FCU, MS Edge (my default browser) does not print to “Adobe PDF”. All other apps, including ie 11, have no problem printing to the “Adobe PDF” printer. There was no problem, with Edge before FCU.
    MS Edge does print with no problem to “Microsoft Print to PDF”, to my HP LaserJet and to "Microsoft XPS Document Writer".

I already did both Repair and Reset of Edge (Settings > Apps > Microsoft Edge > Advanced Options), with no luck!

Does anyone else experience the same problem? Is there a solution to that?

And a little background:
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Version 1709 Build 16299.309
    Microsoft Edge Version 41.16299.248.0
    Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, (Classic Track) Version 2015.006.30417

MS Edge and PDF printer problems [​IMG]

Any idea and suggestion is most welcome!

ddelo, Jun 3, 2019
  4. MS Edge and PDF printer problems

PDF report not opening in MS Edge

The suggestions of Rohit Siddegowda do not work. I am having the same problems. PDF links on websites will not open in MS Edge. They work fine in every other browser. This seems like a MS Edge issue that Microsoft needs to address.

TimEllis_939, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

MS Edge and PDF printer problems

1. MS Edge and PDF printer problems - Similar Threads - Edge PDF printer

2. MS Print to PDF no longer a printer option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Print to PDF no longer a printer option: Microsoft Print to PDF is no longer an option when I try to print on my laptop. It is selected turned on in settings, but still doesn't exist in the printer options. If I try to install it manually, it is not available as an option for installation. I've tried to find a...
  3. MS Print to PDF no longer a printer option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Print to PDF no longer a printer option: Microsoft Print to PDF is no longer an option when I try to print on my laptop. It is selected turned on in settings, but still doesn't exist in the printer options. If I try to install it manually, it is not available as an option for installation. I've tried to find a...
  4. Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge: How can I spot Adobe *.pdf files from opening in MS Edge? I have Adobe Acrobat installed but the default keeps changing back to MS Edge. Can this be fixed? Thanks....
  5. Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge: How can I spot Adobe *.pdf files from opening in MS Edge? I have Adobe Acrobat installed but the default keeps changing back to MS Edge. Can this be fixed? Thanks....
  6. Tabs problem with MS Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Tabs problem with MS Edge: I am annoyed by something Edge does every time I open it. Suppose I visit BBC London, Paris Match, Settings, etc. and then close down Edge. The next time I open Edge, at the very top of the page, I get tabs showing BBC London, Paris Match, Settings, etc. Sometimes there are...
  7. Microsoft Edge print to pdf problem

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge print to pdf problem: I need to save some webpages to pdf. I tried a Firefox extension Save as PDF, but that adds the company name to every page (fair enough - it's freeware). So I tried Microsoft Edge print to pdf function. Works OK, but for some reason, Edge adds a watermark of sorts 'Skip...
  8. MS Edge and PDF files - High-jacked

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Edge and PDF files - High-jacked: What has happened with my Adobe Acrobat XI and MS Edge. Whenever I want create or open a PDF file, MS Edge takes over and displays the file. This is a recent occurrence, but it persists. Even though Acrobat asks me to make it my default for PDF files, which I do, Edge is...
  9. Microsoft Edge PDF file problems

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge PDF file problems: Typical MS I typed this message in and MS decided I was not logged in - so I logged in and lost the message - had to type it all again! Warning to you all - make a copy of your message before you submit your message. Microsoft Edge (MSE) is MS new offering in Windows 10...
  10. MS Edge narrating e-books but not pdf

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge narrating e-books but not pdf: Hello, I own a win10 home laptop, and wile exploring Edge, I realized it has a text-to-speech feature. I opened an .epub file and on top right a small button appears among others that enables narrating mode. It work surprisingly well, I experimented with a variety of voices...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. MS edge print to Acrobat PDF problems