Windows 10: MS Edge: Basic Browser Settings.

Discus and support MS Edge: Basic Browser Settings. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The latest changes to the basic settings in MS Edge are just a joke. How did anyone think that what has been implemented could be acceptable in any... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Geoff Daniell, Mar 28, 2019.

1. MS Edge: Basic Browser Settings.

The latest changes to the basic settings in MS Edge are just a joke. How did anyone think that what has been implemented could be acceptable in any way? Frankly, I am starting to wonder what 99% of the so-called enhancements are worth. Most of them are just a distraction. Or, designed for the dumbest of the dumbest.
    Rant over/

it used to be very simple to decide to access a blank page by using the "about:blank" setting.
    Now, you have to jump through all sorts of unnecessary hoops to first of all find where you can make those changes, and even then you can't easily get them set as defaults.

1. First you need to set this setting and have a right royal time for MS edge to save the setting.

MS Edge: Basic Browser Settings. [​IMG]

2. Next, you need to set this setting, which WILL default to the bing browser, regardless of what you do.

Why can't this also be set to "about:blank" easily if at all. So far, I have not found out how. I don't want to see anything on a blank page, nothing!

I don't want this:

3. Then after all of that, you find you have to jump through two hoops before you can get this setting sort of sorted out:

So far, I have not been able to get them all at the same time to default to "about:blank"

I don't appreciate anything that tries to lead me by the nose!*Mad

I also get very antsy if I am told to "clear the cache" to try and fix the above, especially after clearing the cache and NOTHING happens!

:)

Geoff Daniell, Mar 28, 2019

2. Flash player in Windows Phone - MS Edge

Mister Azaruddin,

Did You prove to do your suggestion to enable flash player on MS Edge on Windows phone 10 ?

It seems not.

Regards,

Paulo Ernane

PauloErnane, Mar 28, 2019
  3. Flash player in Windows Phone - MS Edge

Hi,

Check if you can enable to flash player on MS Edge browser. To do so, follow these steps.

• Open MS Edge browser and click on more actions [...].
    • Click on Settings and select View advanced settings
      tab.
    • Turn on Use Adobe Flash player and check if it works.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Mar 28, 2019
  4. MS Edge: Basic Browser Settings.

MS Edge not listed in default browsers

MS Edge has some shortcomings, and I changed my default browser to IE 11 (in Windows 10).

As I've learned some workarounds for some of the Edge shortcomings, I felt I was ready to once again try Edge as my default browser. I went to Settings, System, Default apps, and scrolled to Web browser. Internet Explorer was shown there, of course, I clicked
    it, and the pop-up/drop-down list of available browsers displayed. It showed Internet Explorer, Google Chrome (which is installed), and Search for an app in the Store. Microsoft Edge, which is certainly on my machine and which I use regularly from the icon
    on my taskbar, is not shown as an option in the pop-up/drop-down list.

Why is this, and what must I do to make Edge be my default browser?

(And I swear, if some Microsoft Tech comes here and tells me to go to Settings, System, Default apps, Web browser, and choose Edge from the list, I'm making a nationally publicized walk to Seattle.)

StuckOnWords, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

MS Edge: Basic Browser Settings.

1. MS Edge: Basic Browser Settings. - Similar Threads - Edge Basic Browser

2. Default browser and app for PDFs is set to MS Edge every reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default browser and app for PDFs is set to MS Edge every reboot: Title. This started two days ago. As far as I can tell nothing changed on the machine between Tuesday and Wednesday to make that happen. Changing my default browser every boot is annoying, but at least Firefox prompts to be made default again. It's a HUGE pain with PDFs,...
  3. Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10: Can't change the default browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-set-any-browser-as-the-default-browser/29c54e57-06dd-48ca-9883-13d71614fc47
  4. Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10: Can't change the default browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-set-any-browser-as-the-default-browser/29c54e57-06dd-48ca-9883-13d71614fc47
  5. MS Edge Chromium Browser.

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Edge Chromium Browser.: Hello Is it possible for the new Edge Chromium browser to automatically open and already have pages that were open in the past . In MS Edge ,it was possible where in user closes Edge opens it and it has pages already/still has the pages open in the past. Regards, Rakesh...
  6. How to delete MS Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to delete MS Edge browser: Running current win10 2004 build 19041.450 as of yesterday and all seemed well until today. Have always used Firefox as browser prior to update 2004 download . Today update installed MS Edge ,but i kept my default browser as Firefox. Went to uninstall KB4559309 Edge update...
  7. McAffee warning on MS Edge browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    McAffee warning on MS Edge browser: I do not have McAfee software installed but I've started to get a warning message on my browser telling me my subscription has expired (today's date) and to visit...
  8. Ms Edge Browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms Edge Browser.: I am running windows 10 preview 14393.5. I have the following questions. 1. In ms edge the cast to device is greyed out, is this normal? 2. Will cast to device work with 1st generation google cast device? Henry 57648
  9. ms new edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    ms new edge browser: anyone know when ms plans to allow plugins to work with edge ? is kinda a useless browser without them 19320
  10. MS Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Browser: Just upgraded to new Windows 10 along with the new Edge browser. It has been a terrible experience! How do I move my "favorites" to the left side of my browser? I have tried all the various things posted and Googled on how to move it and to no avail, no success. In addition,...