Windows 10: MS Edge - Blurry Text

Discus and support MS Edge - Blurry Text in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Decided to give Edge a proper go to see if I could get used to it. I'm actually quite liking it as it transpires, apart from one irritating issue: The... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Teflon, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Teflon Win User

MS Edge - Blurry Text

Decided to give Edge a proper go to see if I could get used to it. I'm actually quite liking it as it transpires, apart from one irritating issue: The text looks very blurry when compared with Chrome.

I thought initially it was a "Clear Type" issue, but toggling Clear Type on and off makes no difference to Edge (though it does to desktop shortcuts etc), and it is an issue that only seems to effect MS Edge - all other apps are fine. I did a quick Google (sorry Bing!) and it seems that I am not alone with this problem, but so far I've been unable to find a solution. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Cliff

:)

Teflon, Sep 1, 2015

2. Blurry fonts in Microsoft Edge made me go back to Google Chrome...

Hi,

after installing windows 10 i un installed chrome. but soon i found edge appears very blurry as compared to chrome. it was not pleasant for eyes at all. so installed chrome back and happy. MS pl find out some solution to this issue. I liked Edge performance
    very much and also windows 10. This blurriness problem is also on desktop apps and text and icons. I have latest drivers from manufacturer ie Lenovo. I am having Thinkcenter Edge 72Z AIO.

nilesh

Nilesh Kulkarni, Sep 1, 2015
  3. MS Edge/IE11 text rendering very blurry in W10 - v1511 (10586.11)

Your problem is probably that you need a new pair of reading glasses Payan_N, because the issue is with MS Edge, not with everything on the display of the one reporting this. Same issue here, Edge is making text blurry and on certain websites it is more
    noticeable than others. I'm using Chrome and Firefox to deal with this at the moment, and I would advise to the rest to do the same until MS finally fixes this crappy browser!

digitalanime, Sep 1, 2015
  4. Muffy Win User

MS Edge - Blurry Text

Muffy, Sep 1, 2015
  5. Teflon Win User
    Thanks for this. I did have a read of that earlier - I'm not entirely convinced it's the same issue as I am only seeing blurry text in Edge, no other apps or dialogue boxes. That's not to say it isn't the same root cause of course, but to be honest, having a command box flash up at startup would irritate me no end *Redface.

I may just switch back to Chrome until such time as MS get around to making Edge play a little nicer.

Cheers,

Cliff

Teflon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

MS Edge - Blurry Text

1. MS Edge - Blurry Text - Similar Threads - Edge Blurry Text

2. blurry text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blurry text: Bonjour,when I put scale at 115%in settings system>screen, a lot of text becomes to be blurry.. Here are 3 screenshots. With windows 10 I didn't have this problem.How could i fix that please? My graphic card is a nvidia rtx 2060. thanks...
  3. blurry text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blurry text: Bonjour,when I put scale at 115%in settings system>screen, a lot of text becomes to be blurry.. Here are 3 screenshots. With windows 10 I didn't have this problem.How could i fix that please? My graphic card is a nvidia rtx 2060. thanks...
  4. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry text: HiAMD Ryzen 5 5600u intergrated graphicsI have a lenovo ideapad 5 pro and when i run some programs, the text appears to be blurry and some other programs does not have this problem. i've set all my display scaling and resolution to windows recommended and it still does not...
  5. Blurry Text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blurry Text: Hello,i'm facing an issue where text becomes blurry whenever window goes out of focus, or sometimes even when its in focus text becomes blurry, its same on all apps, i've tried enabling ClearType Text and Let Window automatically fix blurry text options but it doesn't do...
  6. Blurry Text

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blurry Text: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/2bx7hp59gs561.png?width=1905&format=png&auto=webp&s=116b2b195cafcaddae1f8538e879c5d783033d38 Hi, I need some help with blurry text across multiple applications, I have clear text on, I have tried to calibrate it multiple times but no...
  7. Blurry text

Blurry text: When I am opening some third-party apps and some inbuilt settings, I am seeing blurry text like a person without his spectacles would see. Can anybody help me with this problem. I am currently using a Lenovo Ideapad slim 3. Also I am facing this problem only at few places....
  8. Blurry text

Blurry text: Hey, on almost every app, i see blurry text. I tried updating the nvidia drivers, didnt work, i tried changing my font, not that either. I don't know what's happening and it's starting to annoy me. Thanks....
  9. Edge blurry text rendering

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge blurry text rendering: What's with some of the blurriness with text on some sites. For example, the main navigation of apple.com is all fuzzy. Doesn't happen in Chrome or Firefox. [img] 11668
  10. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text: Hello everyone *Smile I’m running the latest, leaked, Windows 10 10147 build and everything works fine on my system. There is one thing though I have observed since the beginning, meaning in earlier builds, as well. And that is blurry text on some Windows components like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms edge blurry