Windows 10: MS Edge Causing Reboots and BSOD?

Discus and support MS Edge Causing Reboots and BSOD? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am hoping to get some help with a problem I have had now for about 10 months. I have to say in advance I am not an expert like most of you but I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MRushbrooke, May 23, 2016.

1. MS Edge Causing Reboots and BSOD?

I am hoping to get some help with a problem I have had now for about 10 months.
    I have to say in advance I am not an expert like most of you but I am more than capable of following instructions to retrieve any logs from my system etc.

To put my issue simply Microsoft Edge randomly reboot my system, on very rare occasions I get a BSOD with BAD_POOL_CALLER (This is very rare though).
    This can happen at any random time I am browsing using Edge on any given page at any time.
    Sometimes I can go a few days with no reboots sometimes twice in 30 minutes.
    Everything seems to freeze for about 1 second that the PC just reboots, I then log back in to Windows no problems and just carry on.

My system is up to date regarding Windows updates, all my drivers are up to date, I have even done a few fresh installations to see if that helps.
    I have a Dell laptop, same OS, same AV software (Malwarebytes and Bitdefender) and on the Dell I have never had a single reboot whilst using Edge.

I have added my DM Log Collector zip file as per the posting instructions.
    I last had 2 reboots yesterday morning and 1 in the evening (UK time) but nothing as of today, that’s how random this is.

As a starting point what do people suggest I do next?
    I will regularly check this post and reply to any suggestions.

Many thanks in advance for any help offered.

:)

MRushbrooke, May 23, 2016

2. MS Edge and MS internet explorer causing corrupt print jobs sent to printer

Thanks for the reply.

The resolution was with the firmware on the MFP copier.

The update to the firmware has resolved this issue.

ray at precision engine parts, May 23, 2016
  3. MS Edge and MS internet explorer causing corrupt print jobs sent to printer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern. I will be glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to try these methods.

Method 1: Try printing a document running Internet Explorer as an Administrator.
    To start Internet Explorer as an Administrator, follow these steps:

a) Close all Internet Explorer windows.

b) Type Internet Explorer in the Search box present on Task bar, right-click Internet Explorer and select Run As Administrator.

c) Browse to a website and try test printing a page while running as the Administrator.

If the issue persists, try next method.
    Method 2: Try printing after disabling Protected Mode.
    To disable Enhanced Protected Mode, follow these steps: 1.Start Internet Explorer from the desktop.

2.Tap or Settings button, and then tap or click Internet options.

3.On the Advanced tab, click to clear the Enable Enhanced Protected Mode check box under Security.

4.Tap or click OK.

Hope it helps. For further queries you are always welcome.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 23, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

MS Edge Causing Reboots and BSOD?

Hi MRushbrooke,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Please remove Wise Memory Optimizer, it is a useless program that nobody needs.

Please reinstall Malwarebytes using a fresh download
    MBAM Uninstall: https://support.malwarebytes.org/cus...are-?b_id=6438
    MBAM Download: Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware & Internet Security Software

If a reinstallation doesn't help open Bitdefender, go to the modules, go to the firewall settings and uncheck 'Block port scans in the network'

Let me know how it goes *Smile

5. Thanks for your advice, I will follow your suggestions and let you know how I get on.

MRushbrooke, May 24, 2016
  6. I have just had another BSOD BAD_POOL_CALLER, it actually happened whilst I was adding this very thread to my favourites.
    It happened at 13:53 (GMT), I have run another DM Log Collector and posted it in case it shows anything new.

I have only uninstalled Wise Memory Optimizer as per your suggestion prior to the BDOS.

Hope this extra information helps.

7. axe0 New Member
    Just to verify, you have reinstalled MBAM & disabled 'Block port scans in the network' in the Bitdefender firewall settings?

8. MS Edge Causing Reboots and BSOD?

When the BSOD occurred again I had only uninstalled Wise Memory Optimizer.
    I have now re-install MBAM and made the changes to BD's firewall setting.

If I get any more BSOD's I will post here.

9. axe0 New Member
    Just a FYI, both crashes have the same cause, the Malwarebytes Web Protection driver, an issue with Bitdefender & Malwarebytes since a recent period though there are many different solutions to solve it.

10. So far so good *Biggrin

MRushbrooke, May 27, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    Good to hear *Thumbs

Please mark this thread as solved if you think your problem is solved *Smile

Thema:

MS Edge Causing Reboots and BSOD?

1. MS Edge Causing Reboots and BSOD? - Similar Threads - Edge Causing Reboots

2. "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck" causing BSOD and reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck" causing BSOD and reboot.: I've tried reinstalled my newest piece of hardware drivers and reinstalling. I've reset my PC through the recovery option. Not sure why this keeps happening so i'm here to try and get some answers. It only seems to happen when downloading something for more than about 3...
  3. "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck" causing BSOD and reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck" causing BSOD and reboot.: I've tried reinstalled my newest piece of hardware drivers and reinstalling. I've reset my PC through the recovery option. Not sure why this keeps happening so i'm here to try and get some answers. It only seems to happen when downloading something for more than about 3...
  4. "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck" causing BSOD and reboot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bugcheck caused BSOD and reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bugcheck caused BSOD and reboot: Upon starting back up from this BSOD I went to the event viewer and found: "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000013a 0x0000000000000011, 0xffffa4074c202100, 0xffffa4076d8abc60, 0x0000000000000000. " The mini-dump is here. At the time of...
  6. MS Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Edge: Why does MS Edge keep asking me to enter passwords. This browser seems incapable of maintaining access to passwords and cookie settings. They disappear about once per day I'm now going back to using Chrome as I'm fed up with this feature of Edge!!!...
  7. MS EDGE

MS EDGE: is there anything i can do in short of deleting this disaster to make it work correctly.it the worst browser ive ever used. used the old edge it was ok.this is absolutely horrible..thxs...
  8. MS Edge

MS Edge: How can i revert back to the previous version of edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-edge/aed3a24c-53d3-46b0-b0ff-f0c8859025f4
  9. MS Edge

MS Edge: Always when i open a new tap in MS-Edge by Strg+t this browser opens a new tap but i cant start writing at once. First i have to click into the damn adressfield. Why is the adressfield not preselected. What die MS-Developers think the users intention might be after opening a...
  10. MS Store and Edge in Taskbar on Reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Store and Edge in Taskbar on Reboot: Is there a way (that is not significantly more difficult than unpinning each time) to prevent Store and Edge from re-appearing on the taskbar on reboot?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge reboots when i type in the search bar

2. microsoftedgesh.exe causing reboot

3. edge causing bsod