Windows 10: MS Edge Chromium launch Jan 15, 2020 - Do I really want it or not?

Discus and support MS Edge Chromium launch Jan 15, 2020 - Do I really want it or not? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Being I just upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and now IE and Edge is being phased out and the NEW and IMPROVED browser will be released Jan 15, 2020. It is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by winxp, Dec 29, 2019.

1. winxp Win User

MS Edge Chromium launch Jan 15, 2020 - Do I really want it or not?

Being I just upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and now IE and Edge is being phased out and the NEW and IMPROVED browser will be released Jan 15, 2020.
    It is called Edge Chromium.

Can some of you MS insiders who help beta test it help us novices if we need to consider changing from
    Google Chrome to MS Edge Chrome?

Is it that much better?
    I heard its the same engine.

Thanks in Advance as I'm sure this new thread should gather a bunch of people asking the same questions.

Happy New Year All!

:)

winxp, Dec 29, 2019
  2. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Jsssssssss, Dec 29, 2019
  4. MS Edge Chromium launch Jan 15, 2020 - Do I really want it or not?

No Internet in Chrome but MS Edge (Chromium) works fine, how is it possible?

For some weird reason, chrome stops working in between. If restart the system it works again.

Am asking this question, using the same internet via MS Edge (Chromium). I tried other Microsoft products like IE, MS Edge, all working fine except chrome.

AFAIK, MS Edge (chromium) and Chrome both are based on chromium, but why it behaves different in different systems?

Case #1: Disabled all extensions, Same result

Case #2: Updated to latest build, Same result

Case #3: Uninstalled and Installed again, same result

Case #4: Stopped Sync, Deleted all info, same result

Case #5: Updating regedit values didn't help, same result

Dineshkumar Ponnusamy, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

MS Edge Chromium launch Jan 15, 2020 - Do I really want it or not?

1. MS Edge Chromium launch Jan 15, 2020 - Do I really want it or not? - Similar Threads - Edge Chromium launch

2. Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Chromium: Hi All, * We have installed edge chromium 84.0.522.63 offline installer and it has upgraded the inbuilt microsoft edge. * Current edge chromium 84.0.522.63 got upgraded automatically after an update edg chromium 86.0.622.38 has got installed from windows update. *But...
  3. swf files do not play in MS edge Chromium.

swf files do not play in MS edge Chromium.: Hello, Is there a way to play .swf extension files in MS Edge Chromium. Regards, RK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/swf-files-do-not-play-in-ms-edge-chromium/8e8b88f4-577f-43d3-ba44-e4630f0dec2f
  4. MS Flight Sim 2020 Not Launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Flight Sim 2020 Not Launching: I'm trying to launch FlightSim 2020 but receive the "Insert Disk...." error upon launching. I have Windows 10 version 2004. Computer has sufficient space and processor as it's one month old. I have installed the Digital Ownership file several times; I have removed/reinstalled...
  5. MS Edge Chromium Browser.

MS Edge Chromium Browser.: Hello Is it possible for the new Edge Chromium browser to automatically open and already have pages that were open in the past . In MS Edge ,it was possible where in user closes Edge opens it and it has pages already/still has the pages open in the past. Regards, Rakesh...
  6. Edge Chromium - Help Improve MS Edge settings?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium - Help Improve MS Edge settings?: I had installed Edge Chromium (Enterprise) from the below link WITHOUT setting Group Policies and I am just curious as to why these settings are greyed-out? I have no problem with it on leaving these settings turned OFF. But just out of curiosity. Maybe the Enterprise...
  7. Edge Chromium is really bad!

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium is really bad!: I am currently testing the new Edge Chromium. To be honest. Its really bad. I mean the UI. Maybe under the hood seems stable and faster, but the User Interface is really bad. The one thing I cannot seem to figure out, is that on the New Tab page, The Microsoft Bing search...
  8. MS Edge Chromium and CCleaner

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Chromium and CCleaner: Not recognized, tried adding Custom Location in ini file but didn't work, anyone have it working? 147377
  9. Chromium Microsoft Edge launch on January 15, 2020

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chromium Microsoft Edge launch on January 15, 2020: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/welogique [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ds6lho/chromium_microsoft_edge_launch_on_january_15_2020/
  10. New Microsoft Edge launches for Windows 10, 7 and macOS on Jan 15

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Edge launches for Windows 10, 7 and macOS on Jan 15: Microsoft announced the Chromium-based version of Edge earlier this year and today the company revealed that Edge stable version is arriving early next year. Microsoft’s “new” Edge or the “next” Edge comes with a new logo alongside a series of new features and significant...