Windows 10: MS-Edge consuming RAM even after closing it completly

Discus and support MS-Edge consuming RAM even after closing it completly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Kindly refer to my attachment, you can notice that Edge is not running by looking at task-bar But still, it is consuming nearly 300MB of RAM This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shreehari.S, Nov 18, 2021.

1. MS-Edge consuming RAM even after closing it completly

Kindly refer to my attachment, you can notice that Edge is not running by looking at task-bar But still, it is consuming nearly 300MB of RAM This is forcing me to switch to other browsers, so kindly help me out in fixing this issue!I have even submitted it on feedback-hub; check it out : https://aka.ms/AAevwzc

:)

Shreehari.S, Nov 18, 2021
  2. KAYDEPEW Win User

How do I remove ms Edge completly from pc

How do I remove ms Edge completly from pc

KAYDEPEW, Nov 18, 2021
  3. brazospo Win User
    MS Edge on my WinPhone 10 crashes since a few days.

MS Edge has always worked fine on my beloved Lumia 735. Unfortunately, since a few days, Edge stops running after some scrolling and closes itself.

I found on some MS Help on line the suggestion to clear Edge History and I did so, but now Edge doesn't start at all or, if started, it closes itself immediately.

• How could I fix this sudden problem?

brazospo, Nov 18, 2021
  4. Dr. P Win User

MS-Edge consuming RAM even after closing it completly

Edge on Windows 10 consumes all my RAM and then hangs my system.

Has anyone else experienced Edge consuming all RAM such that had to pull the power plug out of wall to be able to restart?

I have 64GB of RAM on my workstation and Edge only had a couple of tabs open and consumed 96GB of RAM. Appears that Edge has a memory leak as well as serious lack of internal controls. Never had this problem with Windows 7.

Before I downgrade, are there any settings that I can use which will prevent Edge from consuming beyond a certain limit of RAM and of CPU?

Dr. P, Nov 18, 2021
Thema:

MS-Edge consuming RAM even after closing it completly

1. MS-Edge consuming RAM even after closing it completly - Similar Threads - Edge consuming RAM

2. ms edge running even when the app is closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms edge running even when the app is closed: Recently, pc encountered a very strange error where ms edge keeps playing even though it's not been opened. I know that edge keeps running in the background but it keeps on starting abruptly where and everytime it starts i see youtube is running on the app and can even hear...
  3. ms edge running even when the app is closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms edge running even when the app is closed: Recently, pc encountered a very strange error where ms edge keeps playing even though it's not been opened. I know that edge keeps running in the background but it keeps on starting abruptly where and everytime it starts i see youtube is running on the app and can even hear...
  4. ms edge running even when the app is closed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. MS-Edge consuming RAM even after closing it completly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS-Edge consuming RAM even after closing it completly: Kindly refer to my attachment, you can notice that Edge is not running by looking at task-bar But still, it is consuming nearly 300MB of RAM This is forcing me to switch to other browsers, so kindly help me out in fixing this issue!I have even submitted it on feedback-hub;...
  6. What could cause Edge to consume RAM x2 of Google's Chrome

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What could cause Edge to consume RAM x2 of Google's Chrome: My family had an old PC and has only 4GB of RAM. I tried to do an experiment to optimize usage, so I ran the same page on Chrome and Edge. Edge consumed double the amount of RAM. Chrome consumed ~700MB while Edge consumed ~1400MB with a single tab open which is weird since I...
  7. Edge Closes after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Closes after opening: I've followed many suggestions to get this resolved,including: Cleaned the Apps cache etc using CCleaner Reset the App Repaired the App Removed all Extensions Reinstalled Edge using Powershell Manually removed %APPDATA%...... folders for the Edge app to reset the app...
  8. MS Edge running in the background even after Egde closes

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge running in the background even after Egde closes: Just recently switched to using Edge and just giving it a try. This is NOT the new Chromium-based Edge, but still using the standard Edge. What I noticed, that even when closing all Edge tabs and the whole entire browser, some Edge processes are still running or showing up...
  9. High ram consuming programs closing automatically after 30 sec in windows 10 home without...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High ram consuming programs closing automatically after 30 sec in windows 10 home without...: MODEL:hp-dy00XX laptop RAM:4gb OS: WINDOWS 10 HOME EDITION GENIUNE PROCESSOR: AMD RYSEN 3 WITH INTEGRATRED GRAPHICS I am tired of doing many many things like running power shell in administratrator mode and the running the command: Get-AppXPackage | Foreach...
  10. MS Edge runs in the background when Closed ..

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge runs in the background when Closed ..: I have tryed everything to prevent it from running in the Background and when it is running in the Background there are 2 files associated with the name [Runtime broker] under MS Edge.. any way to close these when i close Edge.. or should i leave it like it is? :P 107449