Windows 10: MS Edge does not connect to the internet.

Discus and support MS Edge does not connect to the internet. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; MS Edge does not connect to the internet whilst MS Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox does.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LuisFeldman, Nov 7, 2018.

1. MS Edge does not connect to the internet.

MS Edge does not connect to the internet whilst MS Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox does.

:)

LuisFeldman, Nov 7, 2018

2. Only MS Edge allows connection to internet?

I'm a Windows 10 user with the same problem - suddenly only Edge can access the internet. Neither Outlook nor any of my other browsers can connect, even with my firewall turned off.

I have tried the suggested solutions above in this thread - namely I've run each of these commands in the Command Prompt as Administrator:

sfc /scannow

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset

and rebooted. No change. Edge is still the only program that can connect to the internet.

What is the next step to a solution?

Thanks

Cyrano deBirderac, Nov 7, 2018
  3. MS Edge does not connect to the internet.

MS Edge does not connect to the internet whilst MS Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox does.

GregSchouveller, Nov 7, 2018
  4. MS Edge does not connect to the internet.

edge will not open and no internet connection

Hi,

This issue happens due to network privacy settings, antivirus settings, or an incompatible network driver. For us to troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

Also, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Apps & features, and then press Enter.
    • From the list of apps, look for Microsoft Edge, and then click on it.
    • Click on Advanced options link.
    • Click on Reset button.
    • Click on Reset button again to confirm.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

MS Edge does not connect to the internet.

1. MS Edge does not connect to the internet. - Similar Threads - Edge does connect

2. does MS EDGE crushes often?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does MS EDGE crushes often?: I am using MS Edge for browsing internet. But I face sometimes it freeze, goes black screen and crushed. I do not understand is the problem with this browser or my laptop....
  3. does MS EDGE crushes often?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does MS EDGE crushes often?: I am using MS Edge for browsing internet. But I face sometimes it freeze, goes black screen and crushed. I do not understand is the problem with this browser or my laptop....
  4. Edge does not connect to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge does not connect to internet: Edge does not connect to internet. Both Internet Explorer and Firefox will connect. This just occurred this morning. What can I do to resolve the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-does-not-connect-to-internet/73fb128f-7af9-4aea-8147-886e615d4355
  5. Edge does not connect to internet

Edge does not connect to internet: Hi, I have been experiencing "unable to find web page" using MS Edge. I ran Troubleshoot and it said unable to automatically detect Proxy settings. I have followed all the steps from previous posts (Reset TCP/IP, check LAN settings, SFC scan, DISM scan etc, etc) to try...
  6. Edge not connecting to Internet

Edge not connecting to Internet: Edge opens, but has stopped connecting to the internet... It will not find any web site. I get the message: 'Can't reach this page' no matter what HTML I use. The details show: "There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page. Error Code:...
  7. MS Edge does not connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Edge does not connect to the internet.: MS Edge does not connect to the internet whilst MS Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox does. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/ms-edge-does-not-connect-to-the-internet/b6ecb954-037f-405b-87f1-ed5ec6c0f28e
  8. Edge unable to connect to the internet

Edge unable to connect to the internet: I just installed the latest OS update (Windows Insider - Slow Ring) OS 17713.1002. Edge will not connect to the internet. Internet Explorer will work OK....
  9. MS Edge does not respond

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge does not respond: I have tried to open Edge from all the "short cuts". The splash will show for a moment, then nothing. Also the "Search the web and Windows" box is non resposive. Neither option has worked since upgrade. 25235
  10. Firewall blocking most internet connectivity, except MS Edge

Firewall blocking most internet connectivity, except MS Edge: I installed the most recent Win 10 update, and now have the most odd issue that I can't figure out. Windows Defender firewall seems to block everything except Windows Edge, from within my private home network When the firewall is on: Firefox and Chrome do not work at all....