Windows 10: Ms edge - ie11 emulation???

Discus and support Ms edge - ie11 emulation??? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a software package, an installation .exe file, that needs IE to work. Is there any way for MS Edge to emulate IE since my version W10 Build... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by James Callan, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Ms edge - ie11 emulation???

I have a software package, an installation .exe file, that needs IE to work. Is there any way for MS Edge to emulate IE since my version W10 Build 21390.2025 does not include IE and will not permit it to be installed. Any thoughts appreciated.

:)

James Callan, Jun 28, 2021

2. IE11 emulation mode

You will not be compromising security in any significant way when Emulating IE9.

Don

Don Varnau, Jun 28, 2021
  3. IE11 emulation mode

We use a client website that does not function correctly when accessed with IE11. They have told us to use IE11 in emulation mode - setting the emulation to IE9.

Is this as secure as using IE11 or insecure as IE9 has not been supported since Jan 2015?

DeanElsworth, Jun 28, 2021
  4. Ms edge - ie11 emulation???

IE11 emulation mode

You will not be compromising security in any significant way when Emulating IE9.

Don

Many thanks for your quick response Don.

DeanElsworth, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

Ms edge - ie11 emulation???

1. Ms edge - ie11 emulation??? - Similar Threads - edge ie11 emulation

2. Neither is MS Edge listed, nor is MS IE11 listed in the 'web browser' category in the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Neither is MS Edge listed, nor is MS IE11 listed in the 'web browser' category in the...: Hi Everyone! I have Windows 10, version 1803 installed on my Laptop. Why neither is MS Edge listed, nor is MS IE11 listed category in the default apps settings? However, only Google Chrome is there listed. If I am going to need to let MS Edge be as my web browser, how can...
  3. Has Ms fixed security flaws found in Edge and IE11 yet

in Browsers and Email
    Has Ms fixed security flaws found in Edge and IE11 yet: Hi there I believe this also appeared on Google as well but here's a very recent (2 days ago approx) note from the BBC about security problem found in Edge and IE11 browsers. Bad bug found in Microsoft browsing code - BBC News I haven't had any update over this yet...
  4. enable Desktop emulation in Edge Mobile?

in Browsers and Email
    enable Desktop emulation in Edge Mobile?: It seems that MS have enabled desktop emulation in Win10 Mobiles - but neglected to tell anyone how the heck to flip the switch either way. Would some kind person please enlighten me? Phone is a Lumia 640 62260
  5. Browser Hijacking (IE11 and EDGE)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser Hijacking (IE11 and EDGE): Hi Folks Be extra careful currently as there is STILL a problem in security with IE11 and Edge which can allow "unscrupulous" users to hijack your browser / do other nasty things - and currently NO A/V software can protect against this. BE VERY CAREFUL if using IE11 /...
  6. IE11 vs. Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 vs. Edge: Does anyone know of a good source that explains the difference between IE11 and Edge? Pretty much all I've gathered is that Edge isn't as compatible with as many web-sites as IE11. Why the introduction of a new browser? Why isn't it more compatible? 48979
  7. Using EDGE in IE11 on build 10041

in Browsers and Email
    Using EDGE in IE11 on build 10041: To enable the new engine, just type “about:flags” in IE11’s address bar, select “Enabled” under “Enable Experimental Web Platform Features,” and restart the browser. Enabling the "Custom User Agent" option will trick sites that nerf IE specifically into using the Spartan Edge...
  8. That annoying Edge icon in IE11 on CU

in Browsers and Email
    That annoying Edge icon in IE11 on CU: Has anyone figured a way to turn this crap off? [img] Yes, I know that Edge is Microsoft's "preferred" browser. No, I'm not interested. I need IE for work purposes because of legacy ActiveX components, so that annoying icon does no good. I'm trying to get the new...
  9. is it me or is ie11 better than edge?

in Browsers and Email
    is it me or is ie11 better than edge?: edge seems massively dumbed down, very bare options configuration compared to IE11. From what I can see all of the following are missing. No options to toggle tls 1.1 1.0 1.2 etc. No options to toggle gpu acceleration No options to set file cache location (I like to...
  10. Outlook.com unreachable via edge and IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook.com unreachable via edge and IE11: I am having problems on my laptop using things like Cortana across user accounts. The wheel spins and spins when I click on Cortana. I think the problem stems from the fact edge and IE11 cannot load outlook.com or go into things like account settings. It's only this causing...