Windows 10: MS Edge NEW TAB Content

Discus and support MS Edge NEW TAB Content in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I keep "Hiding" news feeds that I consider left wing propaganda, but they keep coming back, sites like CNN and its ilk. How can I make this "hide"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RickyWolff, Dec 29, 2020.

1. MS Edge NEW TAB Content

I keep "Hiding" news feeds that I consider left wing propaganda, but they keep coming back, sites like CNN and its ilk. How can I make this "hide" option permanent?

:)

RickyWolff, Dec 29, 2020

2. Edge new tab

Hi Pat,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Especially for Edge, its New tab page also shows “suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.

MS Edge NEW TAB Content edge_newtab_10122_1.png

In Microsoft Edge, you have an option not to show the New tab page when you open a new tab. Just head to the ellipsis icon at the top right then select Settings. In Settings panel, you’ll see the option “Open new tab with.” In the drop-down menu, select
    “Blank page” to disable New tab page.

MS Edge NEW TAB Content edge_newtab_10122_2.png

MS Edge NEW TAB Content edge_newtab_10122_3.png

How to disable suggested content in New tab page

Suggested content has your information at a glance: weather, national news, local news, and even featured apps from the Store. Sometimes you don’t want to see this cluster and wish to hide it. To do that, you need to open Settings via the ellipsis icon.
    Then select “Top sites” in the drop-down menu of “Open new tab with.”

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Edge new tab

Hi Niranjan,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I did not see a direct answer in your response to Pat's question:

"How can I set new tab in Edge to google.co.uk".

Please rephrase your answer so an old computer dinosaur could understand it.

I believe Pat was asking how to have each “new tab” open to a specific web page; in his case to google.co.uk.

When I open a new tab:

• I DON'T want ‘"suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.’
    • I DON'T want a “Blank page”
    • I Do want the Google search page: google.com
    Admittedly, I’m new to Windows 10 and Windows Edge but it appears to me that Microsoft is making it very difficult (or impossible) to use non-Microsoft search engines
    or default to non-Microsoft web pages.

Hope you can dispel my concerns.

Thanks, Jack

JackThorworth, Dec 29, 2020
  4. cobiko Win User

MS Edge NEW TAB Content

Edge new tab

I understand that a new tab option is customizable in IE. However, the question was how can one customize it in Edge, other than the 3 options (Top Sites and Suggested Content, Top Sites or A Blank page)?

cobiko, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

MS Edge NEW TAB Content

1. MS Edge NEW TAB Content - Similar Threads - Edge TAB Content

2. Edge Chromium New tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium New tab page: Just wanted to see some responses that do you think MS Edge will have an option to use a Blank page instead of that annoying MS search bar? Thats one of the reasons I switched to using Firefox. 181404
  3. new tab open in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    new tab open in new edge: sometimes when i login after sleep a new tab opens in new edge by itself it is different everytime 158737
  4. Tabs problem with MS Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Tabs problem with MS Edge: I am annoyed by something Edge does every time I open it. Suppose I visit BBC London, Paris Match, Settings, etc. and then close down Edge. The next time I open Edge, at the very top of the page, I get tabs showing BBC London, Paris Match, Settings, etc. Sometimes there are...
  5. Change New Tab in Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Change New Tab in Edge Chromium: In Edge Chromium, when I click on a new tab, can I have it go to Google instead of Bing? 157181
  6. Font with new MS edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Font with new MS edge: After update to new version of MS Edge, I can change general font size under Settings, but the drop down lists under each Favorites has much smaller font and appears to be double spaced. Was much easier to read before update. How to increase this font size....
  7. MS Edge New Tab Blank

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MS Edge New Tab Blank: Have set new tabs to show recent sites, but new tabs are only blank. Was working until recently. Have toggled settings, restart edge, restart windows all without luck. Edge v44.18362.449 on Windows 1909, Feb. cumulative updates. Dell 9365 laptop. submitted by /u/Bioman52...
  8. Ms edge new tab page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge new tab page.: In windows 1607 ms edge does not have an option to make google.com the new tab page. Does anyone know how to do this. Henry Attachment 95508 59826
  9. ms new edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    ms new edge browser: anyone know when ms plans to allow plugins to work with edge ? is kinda a useless browser without them 19320
  10. Disable Web Content on New Tab Page in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Web Content on New Tab Page in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Disable Web Content on New Tab Page in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Web Content on New Tab Page in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for...