Windows 10: MS Edge not working after November Update

Discus and support MS Edge not working after November Update in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, I've not been able to find a permanent fix for this so thought I'd join up and post on here.... MS Edge (used rarely!!) has stopped... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DamoIOW, Nov 29, 2015.

1. DamoIOW Win User

MS Edge not working after November Update

Hi all,

I've not been able to find a permanent fix for this so thought I'd join up and post on here....

MS Edge (used rarely!!) has stopped working since the November update has been installed. Oddly it works if I point it directly to a proxy (we use a bluecoat appliance at work) but if I don't, the packets don't even hit our site FWs. If I stop the windows FW service then it works perfectly and the packets(requests) are sent directly to our site FWs as expected and I can see it all on the FW tracker.

IE and chrome are not effected and work fine either way.

Has anyone else come across this? We're not deploying windows 10 right now so it's not causing a major problem, I'm just interested to see if anyone has been able to resolve the problem or has an idea as to what could be the issue. Obviously leaving the windows FW service stopped and disabled is not favourable for when clients are not on the LAN.

Thanks.

Damo.

:)

DamoIOW, Nov 29, 2015

2. EDGE and KB3105213

After installing the update KB3105213 (november 10th) EDGE does not work, are
    there a solution?

MauriceLévesque, Nov 29, 2015
  3. microsoft egde, cortana ang groove music player not working

after installing november update cortana edge and groove music player stop working...

PrasadManerikar, Nov 29, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

I guess you have already checked that Microsoft Edge is ticked in the allowed apps for Windows Firewall but that would be my first thought.

philc43, Dec 3, 2015
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    There is a new December UpdateCumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3116908) , Apply it via WU and see if it helps.

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MS Edge not working after November Update - Similar Threads - Edge working November

2. Edge not working after updating Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge not working after updating Windows: Windows 11 has Edge and before it is working fine. Not until I installed the updates and now it is not responding at all. Keep spinning and nothing happens until I close it and do it again. Uninstalling updates do not resolve the issue...
  3. Quicken not working after MS Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quicken not working after MS Updates: Quicken not working after MS Updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quicken-not-working-after-ms-updates/1f6b6d6c-8f1e-4b61-9f6d-7e9575bbc861
  4. Quicken not working after MS Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quicken not working after MS Updates: Quicken not working after MS Updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quicken-not-working-after-ms-updates/1f6b6d6c-8f1e-4b61-9f6d-7e9575bbc861
  5. About ms edge update

in Browsers and Email
    About ms edge update: My ms edge automatic update to latest version 90.0.818.46 without asking when i click on "about ms edge". Download updates over metered connections is off. Is there anyway to disable auto update ? 178305
  6. Start button does not work after MS November 2020 updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button does not work after MS November 2020 updates: Some Microsoft Office and Windows update were applied and installed today on my company PC that were released from November 2020. After the first four were installed and required a reboot, my START button will not respond to anything when I click on it. I can only RIGHT...
  7. No picture after November Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No picture after November Update: I downloaded the November update through Windows update last night. There was also a bunch of other things that needed updating. Everything required a restart so I clicked restart and went to bed. I woke up this morning and I have no input signal to either of my monitors....
  8. MS EDGE not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS EDGE not working: After the October updates, MS EDGE was no longer operative. I did a rollback and lost many programs (had to reinstall them), and STILL, MS EDGE has an icon, but does not work. Ideas?...
  9. Edge doesn't work after update

in Browsers and Email
    Edge doesn't work after update: On 12/8/18 I got an update for Windows 10. It was a feature update and now Microsoft Edge doesn't load any web pages. When I open it. I get the following error message: Unable to create content process Error Code: 0x8027025b I posted this on Microsoft forum and they said to...
  10. Edge not working after Creators Update

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not working after Creators Update: Microsoft Edge launches to a blank screen, hangs for a few moments then shuts off. This has happened since the Creators so called Update. It worked perfectly until then. Can anything be done or should I use Opera instead? 94926