Windows 10: MS Edge not working after November Update

Discus and support MS Edge not working after November Update in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, I've not been able to find a permanent fix for this so thought I'd join up and post on here.... MS Edge (used rarely!!) has stopped... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DamoIOW, Nov 29, 2015.

1. DamoIOW Win User

MS Edge not working after November Update

Hi all,

I've not been able to find a permanent fix for this so thought I'd join up and post on here....

MS Edge (used rarely!!) has stopped working since the November update has been installed. Oddly it works if I point it directly to a proxy (we use a bluecoat appliance at work) but if I don't, the packets don't even hit our site FWs. If I stop the windows FW service then it works perfectly and the packets(requests) are sent directly to our site FWs as expected and I can see it all on the FW tracker.

IE and chrome are not effected and work fine either way.

Has anyone else come across this? We're not deploying windows 10 right now so it's not causing a major problem, I'm just interested to see if anyone has been able to resolve the problem or has an idea as to what could be the issue. Obviously leaving the windows FW service stopped and disabled is not favourable for when clients are not on the LAN.

Thanks.

Damo.

:)

DamoIOW, Nov 29, 2015

2. EDGE and KB3105213

After installing the update KB3105213 (november 10th) EDGE does not work, are
    there a solution?

MauriceLévesque, Nov 29, 2015
  3. microsoft egde, cortana ang groove music player not working

after installing november update cortana edge and groove music player stop working...

PrasadManerikar, Nov 29, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

I guess you have already checked that Microsoft Edge is ticked in the allowed apps for Windows Firewall but that would be my first thought.

philc43, Dec 3, 2015
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    There is a new December UpdateCumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3116908) , Apply it via WU and see if it helps.

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MS Edge not working after November Update - Similar Threads - Edge working November

2. MS Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Edge: How can i revert back to the previous version of edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-edge/aed3a24c-53d3-46b0-b0ff-f0c8859025f4
  3. No picture after November Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No picture after November Update: I downloaded the November update through Windows update last night. There was also a bunch of other things that needed updating. Everything required a restart so I clicked restart and went to bed. I woke up this morning and I have no input signal to either of my monitors....
  4. MS Edge

MS Edge: I need to remove Edge or disable it permanently. We use Adobe for viewing and editing pdf's. We also use IE11 for viewing documents on our sharepoint server, all pdf's. How do I keep Edge from taking over as the default app permanently. In a company my size a windows update...
  5. MS Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS Edge: I am having an issue. My computer must comply with CMS HIPAA requirements. My company utilizes a screen saver that performs background work when it is activated. Since MS Edge preloads actions even though it is not active my screen saver thinks that the computer is active and...
  6. MS EDGE not working

MS EDGE not working: After the October updates, MS EDGE was no longer operative. I did a rollback and lost many programs (had to reinstall them), and STILL, MS EDGE has an icon, but does not work. Ideas?...
  7. Edge doesn't work after update

in Browsers and Email
    Edge doesn't work after update: On 12/8/18 I got an update for Windows 10. It was a feature update and now Microsoft Edge doesn't load any web pages. When I open it. I get the following error message: Unable to create content process Error Code: 0x8027025b I posted this on Microsoft forum and they said to...
  8. MS Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Edge: Always when i open a new tap in MS-Edge by Strg+t this browser opens a new tap but i cant start writing at once. First i have to click into the damn adressfield. Why is the adressfield not preselected. What die MS-Developers think the users intention might be after opening a...
  9. MS Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Edge: Hi. How do I set MS Edge as my default PDF reader? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_news/ms-edge/62757244-ea7f-4eb1-9b36-74fca7557916
  10. Edge not working after Creators Update

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not working after Creators Update: Microsoft Edge launches to a blank screen, hangs for a few moments then shuts off. This has happened since the Creators so called Update. It worked perfectly until then. Can anything be done or should I use Opera instead? 94926