Windows 10: MS Edge running in the background even after Egde closes

Discus and support MS Edge running in the background even after Egde closes in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just recently switched to using Edge and just giving it a try. This is NOT the new Chromium-based Edge, but still using the standard Edge. What I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by win10freak, Apr 8, 2019.

1. MS Edge running in the background even after Egde closes

Just recently switched to using Edge and just giving it a try. This is NOT the new Chromium-based Edge, but still using the standard Edge. What I noticed, that even when closing all Edge tabs and the whole entire browser, some Edge processes are still running or showing up under Task manager. How can this be removed all together after closing Edge? Will this make my machine slower even if I am not opening a browsing session using Edge?

:)

win10freak, Apr 8, 2019
  2. Ph0werd Win User

MS Edge runs in the background when Closed ..

I have tryed everything to prevent it from running in the Background and when it is running in the Background there are 2 files associated with the name [Runtime broker] under MS Edge.. any way to close these when i close Edge.. or should i leave it like it is? MS Edge running in the background even after Egde closes :p

Ph0werd, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Helmut Win User

Right click Edge Tile and switch off Live tile.
    The Edge processes take a while, like minutes to stop.

More generally
    Settings > Privacy > Background apps > Scroll down to MS Edge and Off, you may as well go down the very long list and only have On what you want.

There is another setting somewhere, forgotten exactly, to do with pre-emptive downloading of websites you might visit.
    I think that is right at the bottom of the Advanced Edge options, Page prediction > Off, or it might be the Cortana assist > Off.
    Those are my settings anyway.

Helmut, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Ph0werd Win User

MS Edge running in the background even after Egde closes

Why should i turn that option off then? :/ [Page Prediction]

Ph0werd, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

MS Edge running in the background even after Egde closes

1. MS Edge running in the background even after Egde closes - Similar Threads - Edge running background

2. ms edge running even when the app is closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms edge running even when the app is closed: Recently, pc encountered a very strange error where ms edge keeps playing even though it's not been opened. I know that edge keeps running in the background but it keeps on starting abruptly where and everytime it starts i see youtube is running on the app and can even hear...
  3. ms edge running even when the app is closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms edge running even when the app is closed: Recently, pc encountered a very strange error where ms edge keeps playing even though it's not been opened. I know that edge keeps running in the background but it keeps on starting abruptly where and everytime it starts i see youtube is running on the app and can even hear...
  4. ms edge running even when the app is closed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. MS-Edge consuming RAM even after closing it completly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS-Edge consuming RAM even after closing it completly: Kindly refer to my attachment, you can notice that Edge is not running by looking at task-bar But still, it is consuming nearly 300MB of RAM This is forcing me to switch to other browsers, so kindly help me out in fixing this issue!I have even submitted it on feedback-hub;...
  6. MS-Edge consuming RAM even after closing it completly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS-Edge consuming RAM even after closing it completly: Kindly refer to my attachment, you can notice that Edge is not running by looking at task-bar But still, it is consuming nearly 300MB of RAM This is forcing me to switch to other browsers, so kindly help me out in fixing this issue!I have even submitted it on feedback-hub;...
  7. Edge running in background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge running in background: Since first getting this Lenovo desktop both Internet Explorer and Edge have caused my screen to go black as soon as they opened. This wasn't much of a problem as there are other browsers... The last two years no problems, but from about March and forward every time Win 10...
  8. MS Egde issue

in Browsers and Email
    MS Egde issue: Hello, I keep getting this error kinda thing, when im browsing TF. Is there something i can do about it? [img] 140580
  9. Edge running in background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge running in background: Why is Microsoft Edge running in the background? Is this necessary or a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/edge-running-in-background/3f945703-6d88-4779-a8c2-e5ff74accc2e
  10. MS Edge runs in the background when Closed ..

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge runs in the background when Closed ..: I have tryed everything to prevent it from running in the Background and when it is running in the Background there are 2 files associated with the name [Runtime broker] under MS Edge.. any way to close these when i close Edge.. or should i leave it like it is? :P 107449

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms edge running in background aftee closing

2. edge closes but still running in background