Windows 10: MS Edge running in the background even after Egde closes

Discus and support MS Edge running in the background even after Egde closes in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just recently switched to using Edge and just giving it a try. This is NOT the new Chromium-based Edge, but still using the standard Edge. What I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by win10freak, Apr 8, 2019.

1. MS Edge running in the background even after Egde closes

Just recently switched to using Edge and just giving it a try. This is NOT the new Chromium-based Edge, but still using the standard Edge. What I noticed, that even when closing all Edge tabs and the whole entire browser, some Edge processes are still running or showing up under Task manager. How can this be removed all together after closing Edge? Will this make my machine slower even if I am not opening a browsing session using Edge?

:)

win10freak, Apr 8, 2019
  2. Ph0werd Win User

MS Edge runs in the background when Closed ..

I have tryed everything to prevent it from running in the Background and when it is running in the Background there are 2 files associated with the name [Runtime broker] under MS Edge.. any way to close these when i close Edge.. or should i leave it like it is? MS Edge running in the background even after Egde closes :p

Ph0werd, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Helmut Win User

Right click Edge Tile and switch off Live tile.
    The Edge processes take a while, like minutes to stop.

More generally
    Settings > Privacy > Background apps > Scroll down to MS Edge and Off, you may as well go down the very long list and only have On what you want.

There is another setting somewhere, forgotten exactly, to do with pre-emptive downloading of websites you might visit.
    I think that is right at the bottom of the Advanced Edge options, Page prediction > Off, or it might be the Cortana assist > Off.
    Those are my settings anyway.

Helmut, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Ph0werd Win User

MS Edge running in the background even after Egde closes

Why should i turn that option off then? :/ [Page Prediction]

Ph0werd, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

MS Edge running in the background even after Egde closes

1. MS Edge running in the background even after Egde closes - Similar Threads - Edge running background

2. CPU usage 100% even with nothing running in the background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU usage 100% even with nothing running in the background: I do not know what has caused this issue but my processor constantly is running at 100% cpu usage even though nothing is running the background. I have following specs: CPU: RYZEN 3 2200G [3.725Ghz/ 1.330 VOLTAGE] GPU: INTEGRATED VEGA GPU [ 1320MHz ] with 1.22V RAM: CORSAIR...
  3. Edge running in background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge running in background: Why is Microsoft Edge running in the background? Is this necessary or a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/edge-running-in-background/3f945703-6d88-4779-a8c2-e5ff74accc2e
  4. Latest version of MS Edge from insider program closes after 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest version of MS Edge from insider program closes after 5 seconds: I recently updated to the latest build from the windows insider program build 17713.rs5 release 180706-1551 and since then if I try to open up MS Edge beta (which what the Icon says in the taskbar) it will open for 5 seconds to a blank page then close. I have Kaspersky,...
  5. MS Edge runs in the background when Closed ..

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge runs in the background when Closed ..: I have tryed everything to prevent it from running in the Background and when it is running in the Background there are 2 files associated with the name [Runtime broker] under MS Edge.. any way to close these when i close Edge.. or should i leave it like it is? :P 107449
  6. Edge not closing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not closing: I have windows 10 professional. Microsoft Edge is not closing properly. I press x and nothing happens. I have to use task manager to close edge. I can browse pages and some functions work. others dont, like i cannot open a new window and No history is being saved either....
  7. Edge won't close. Opens 15 or more background processes.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge won't close. Opens 15 or more background processes.: Hoping someone can assist with an Edge issue on a Toshiba laptop running Windows Home. Edge has all of a sudden stopped launching. Following the direction on another thread on this amazing site, went into Task Manager and ended task on Edge. That worked .... once.......
  8. Stop Windows Edge from Running in the Background

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Windows Edge from Running in the Background: Can we stop 'Windows Edge' from running in the background? Should we? 15142
  9. Microsoft Edge icon issue - not showing even when edge is running

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge icon issue - not showing even when edge is running: Hi guys, I am running Microsoft Edge on windows 10, however when I run Microsoft Edge, the icon is missing from the task bar but still appears to recognise it.. I have also just rebuilt my laptop yesterday with a fresh OS of windows 10 pro. [img] Any suggestions...
  10. Apps keep running in the background, even when disabled in "Privacy"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps keep running in the background, even when disabled in "Privacy": Some of my windows apps are running in the background even when i have disabled everyone of them in Privacy/Background Apps settings... They just start up randomly, at the same tame (as far as I know) I tried turning them on and off just to check if maybe it didn't save or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms edge running in background aftee closing

2. edge closes but still running in background