Windows 10: MS Edge runs in the background when Closed ..

Discus and support MS Edge runs in the background when Closed .. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have tryed everything to prevent it from running in the Background and when it is running in the Background there are 2 files associated with the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ph0werd, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Ph0werd Win User

MS Edge runs in the background when Closed ..

I have tryed everything to prevent it from running in the Background and when it is running in the Background there are 2 files associated with the name [Runtime broker] under MS Edge.. any way to close these when i close Edge.. or should i leave it like it is? MS Edge runs in the background when Closed .. :p

:)

Ph0werd, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Twonko Win User

Google Chrome not working after creators update

Edge starts but then crashes and closes (I hate Edge. When will MS ever bring out a decent browser?). Chrome will run eventually if I keep re-starting it and then it works OK until I close it. Even MS wouldn't sabotage a major alternative. Would they?

Twonko, Apr 4, 2018
  3. edge does respond when clicked

I have a harder time closing Edge than opening. Wonder if you have Edge already running in the background that didn't close properly? Might want to check CTrl Alt Del and go into task Manager to see if anything is running.

jescott418, Apr 4, 2018
  4. Helmut Win User

Right click Edge Tile and switch off Live tile.
    The Edge processes take a while, like minutes to stop.

More generally
    Settings > Privacy > Background apps > Scroll down to MS Edge and Off, you may as well go down the very long list and only have On what you want.

There is another setting somewhere, forgotten exactly, to do with pre-emptive downloading of websites you might visit.
    I think that is right at the bottom of the Advanced Edge options, Page prediction > Off, or it might be the Cortana assist > Off.
    Those are my settings anyway.

Helmut, Apr 4, 2018
  5. Ph0werd Win User
    Why should i turn that option off then? :/ [Page Prediction]

Ph0werd, Apr 4, 2018
  6. Helmut Win User
    It's self explanatory, user choice. You do the experimentation.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MS Edge runs in the background when Closed .. - Similar Threads - Edge runs background

2. ms edge running even when the app is closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms edge running even when the app is closed: Recently, pc encountered a very strange error where ms edge keeps playing even though it's not been opened. I know that edge keeps running in the background but it keeps on starting abruptly where and everytime it starts i see youtube is running on the app and can even hear...
  3. ms edge running even when the app is closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms edge running even when the app is closed: Recently, pc encountered a very strange error where ms edge keeps playing even though it's not been opened. I know that edge keeps running in the background but it keeps on starting abruptly where and everytime it starts i see youtube is running on the app and can even hear...
  4. ms edge running even when the app is closed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. When I alt+tab, app gets closed but it's running in the background.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I alt+tab, app gets closed but it's running in the background.: Hi everybody!This issue has just arose. I have never had something like this. So:I alt+tab an application, the app is running in the background noises are coming and everything, but it's not viewable anymore/ and it's not in the bottom tab as well. I recently recovered my...
  6. About closing an running app in background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    About closing an running app in background: Hello , I am vishal , and I am living in India , I have a doubt , A month ago , I downloaded java jdk application which is used for programming , and while I was setting up the...
  7. close program running in background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    close program running in background: when I shut down, where is always a program running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-program-running-in-background/3f614455-a691-49db-ab18-65981ea0cd5f
  8. Edge running in background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge running in background: Since first getting this Lenovo desktop both Internet Explorer and Edge have caused my screen to go black as soon as they opened. This wasn't much of a problem as there are other browsers... The last two years no problems, but from about March and forward every time Win 10...
  9. MS Edge running in the background even after Egde closes

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge running in the background even after Egde closes: Just recently switched to using Edge and just giving it a try. This is NOT the new Chromium-based Edge, but still using the standard Edge. What I noticed, that even when closing all Edge tabs and the whole entire browser, some Edge processes are still running or showing up...
  10. Edge running in background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge running in background: Why is Microsoft Edge running in the background? Is this necessary or a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/edge-running-in-background/3f945703-6d88-4779-a8c2-e5ff74accc2e