Windows 10: MS Edge runs in the background when Closed ..

Discus and support MS Edge runs in the background when Closed .. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have tryed everything to prevent it from running in the Background and when it is running in the Background there are 2 files associated with the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ph0werd, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Ph0werd Win User

MS Edge runs in the background when Closed ..

I have tryed everything to prevent it from running in the Background and when it is running in the Background there are 2 files associated with the name [Runtime broker] under MS Edge.. any way to close these when i close Edge.. or should i leave it like it is? MS Edge runs in the background when Closed .. :p

:)

Ph0werd, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Twonko Win User

Google Chrome not working after creators update

Edge starts but then crashes and closes (I hate Edge. When will MS ever bring out a decent browser?). Chrome will run eventually if I keep re-starting it and then it works OK until I close it. Even MS wouldn't sabotage a major alternative. Would they?

Twonko, Apr 4, 2018
  3. edge does respond when clicked

I have a harder time closing Edge than opening. Wonder if you have Edge already running in the background that didn't close properly? Might want to check CTrl Alt Del and go into task Manager to see if anything is running.

jescott418, Apr 4, 2018
  4. Helmut Win User

Right click Edge Tile and switch off Live tile.
    The Edge processes take a while, like minutes to stop.

More generally
    Settings > Privacy > Background apps > Scroll down to MS Edge and Off, you may as well go down the very long list and only have On what you want.

There is another setting somewhere, forgotten exactly, to do with pre-emptive downloading of websites you might visit.
    I think that is right at the bottom of the Advanced Edge options, Page prediction > Off, or it might be the Cortana assist > Off.
    Those are my settings anyway.

Helmut, Apr 4, 2018
  5. Ph0werd Win User
    Why should i turn that option off then? :/ [Page Prediction]

Ph0werd, Apr 4, 2018
  6. Helmut Win User
    It's self explanatory, user choice. You do the experimentation.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MS Edge runs in the background when Closed .. - Similar Threads - Edge runs background

2. MS Edge running in the background even after Egde closes

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge running in the background even after Egde closes: Just recently switched to using Edge and just giving it a try. This is NOT the new Chromium-based Edge, but still using the standard Edge. What I noticed, that even when closing all Edge tabs and the whole entire browser, some Edge processes are still running or showing up...
  3. Blue Screen when closing out of Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen when closing out of Edge: Every time I click the x to close out of Microsoft Edge I get a blue screen sad face with a reboot. I've ran my malware and other programs and found nothing on the computer. This has just started approximately 4 days ago. Please help!...
  4. Edge closes when minimized

in Browsers and Email
    Edge closes when minimized: Hello, while I am online and if I minimize the window, Edge closes. This seems to be happening after the most recent update to Windows Defender. Can someone help? Thank you 120625
  5. Edge closes when minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge closes when minimized: Hello, while I am online and if I minimize the window, Edge closes. This seems to be happening after the most recent update to Windows Defender. Can someone help? Thank you 120625
  6. Edge running in background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge running in background: Why is Microsoft Edge running in the background? Is this necessary or a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/edge-running-in-background/3f945703-6d88-4779-a8c2-e5ff74accc2e
  7. Edge not closing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not closing: I have windows 10 professional. Microsoft Edge is not closing properly. I press x and nothing happens. I have to use task manager to close edge. I can browse pages and some functions work. others dont, like i cannot open a new window and No history is being saved either....
  8. Edge won't close. Opens 15 or more background processes.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge won't close. Opens 15 or more background processes.: Hoping someone can assist with an Edge issue on a Toshiba laptop running Windows Home. Edge has all of a sudden stopped launching. Following the direction on another thread on this amazing site, went into Task Manager and ended task on Edge. That worked .... once.......
  9. Stop Windows Edge from Running in the Background

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Windows Edge from Running in the Background: Can we stop 'Windows Edge' from running in the background? Should we? 15142
  10. How to run task when app is open and close it when app is closed?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to run task when app is open and close it when app is closed?: Hi there, I'd like to know how I can run a specific file (a single executable that runs in the background by default/AHK script) the moment a specific program launches and close when that app is closed Windows 10 Pro x64 Kind regards 105255