Windows 10: MS Edge startup page cannot be changed after 21H1

Discus and support MS Edge startup page cannot be changed after 21H1 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi ALL, I just got updated to 21H1 and all is ok except i now find that when starting MS Edge instead of going to the page I've specified... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gerryex, Jun 1, 2021.

1. gerryex Win User

MS Edge startup page cannot be changed after 21H1

Hi ALL, I just got updated to 21H1 and all is ok except i now find that when starting MS Edge instead of going to the page I've specified (news.google.com) it starts up at the MS Start page. If I click on the Home icon it does go to the page I want but not when Edge starts up. And, YES, I have gone into Edge's settings to the Start Up setting and indeed it DOES say that it should start up at the Google news page and it always worked before but it no longer works. I even deleted the Google news page from the Start Up option and re-entered it but when Edge start it still goes to the MS Start Page instead of the indicated Google news page. Anyone else see this? Is this a know bug? Thanks, Gerry

:)

gerryex, Jun 1, 2021
  2. gerryex Win User

Hi ALL,

I just got updated to 21H1 and all is ok except i now find that when starting MS Edge instead of going to the page I've specified (news.google.com) it starts up at the MS Start page. If I click on the Home icon it does go to the page I want but not when Edge starts up. And, YES, I have gone into Edge's settings to the Start Up setting and indeed it DOES say that it should start up at the Google news page and it always worked before but it no longer works. I even deleted the Google news page from the Start Up option and re-entered it but when Edge start it still goes to the MS Start Page instead of the indicated Google news page.

Anyone else see this? Is this a know bug?

Thanks,
    Gerry

gerryex, Jun 1, 2021
  3. Callender Win User
    Callender, Jun 1, 2021
  4. Novato Win User

Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge  

Thank you Brink,

Appreciate your welcome and your prompt response - I have appreciated your advice on this forum in the past, especially with the registry fix for choosing where to save downloaded files from Edge!

I have checked my Edge settings, and they are as follows:
    • Open Microsoft Edge with new tab page
    • Open new tabs with a blank page

So I can't see any reference to MSN here... it even diverts via this URL if you click on a saved favourite site!

Glad of any further advice or suggestions please.

Novato, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

1. MS Edge startup page cannot be changed after 21H1 - Similar Threads - Edge startup page

2. MS Edge startup page cannot be changed after 21H1

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Edge startup page cannot be changed after 21H1: Hi ALL, I just got updated to 21H1 and all is ok except i now find that when starting MS Edge instead of going to the page I've specified (news.google.com) it starts up at the MS Start page. If I click on the Home icon it does go to the page I want but not when Edge starts...
  3. pc startup and edge home page

in Windows 10 Customization
    pc startup and edge home page: i keep on getting this error message poping up on my computer when i start it up vm8SdnJJB and when i go on my microsoft edge home page it put my screen in a white blank.what is this and how do i get rid of it...
  4. Edge Jumping to Startup Page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Jumping to Startup Page: Occasionally I minimize Edge browser and when I maximize it, it jumps from the web page I was on when minimized to Edge start up page. I have Bing designated as start up when Edge opened. Any thoughts? 115735
  5. Edge startup page does not work

in Browsers and Email
    Edge startup page does not work: The Edge startup page ("top sites and suggested content") only shows a blank screen - see below Startup page worked immediately after Win10 update. On 8/1/15 MS tech ran CCCleaner in failed attempt to solve anti-virus notification errors, and since this, I have not been...
  6. Ms edge new tab page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge new tab page.: In windows 1607 ms edge does not have an option to make google.com the new tab page. Does anyone know how to do this. Henry Attachment 95508 59826
  7. Ms edge home page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge home page.: I set google.com to open edge with, but when I click on home button default page comes up. How do I set home button to go to google.com? Henry 58969
  8. The "About:*******" Pages in MS Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    The "About:*******" Pages in MS Edge.: Hi, Not sure if I describing what I am looking for correctly. I was told yesterday by a large financial institution, that I need to make changes to the settting listed on the "about:flags" page, accessed by opening a new tab, and typing in "about:flags". A series of...
  9. Cannot search the page in edge

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot search the page in edge: Hi In all iterations of IE that I have used Ctrl/F opened a search dialogue that searched on the current page, I use this a lot. I cannot change to Edge until it has the same function. Cheers Daniel 11658
  10. Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge: How to: Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge How to Change Microsoft Edge Startup Page in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the...