Windows 10: MS Edge.... Stops working, Stops responding.

Discus and support MS Edge.... Stops working, Stops responding. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 10 1809 Build 17763.615 all up to date. As per title, happens 3 to 5 times a day have tried Reset, Repair, Uninstall and Reinstall via... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by EJB986, Jul 29, 2019.

1. EJB986 Win User

MS Edge.... Stops working, Stops responding.

Windows 10 1809 Build 17763.615 all up to date.
    As per title, happens 3 to 5 times a day have tried Reset, Repair, Uninstall and Reinstall via Powershell instructions from this forum....but to no avail.(On 3 occasions over last few days).
    Have attached two images from Reliability History for info.
    Help please*Smile

MS Edge.... Stops working, Stops responding. [​IMG]

MS Edge.... Stops working, Stops responding. [​IMG]

:)

EJB986, Jul 29, 2019

2. Games Stop Responding 5870 HELP!

try the card in another machine is all i can suggest now. If it works in that one but not urs then obviously the card is not compatible with your motherboard. Last resort is to tell Asus to go suck on donkey balls and get a different make of board

eidairaman1, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Jul 29, 2019
  4. DiKipp Win User

Microsoft Edge & Cortana stopped working

Hi there

Without warning Microsoft Edge & Cortana have stopped working. When I try to open Edge it opens for a second before disappearing so I can't go into the options to delete cached data as has been suggested with previous posts about this issue. Cortana just
    isn't responding at all.

I have tried the solutions which have been suggested in previous posts about Edge stopping working: running the App Troubleshooter just says that it couldn't identify the problem & System File Checker gets as far as 30% complete before it stops & shows message
    "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation". I have gone into Task Manager but Edge is not showing up in the Processes so can't do anything there.

Help.

Thanks

Di

DiKipp, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. MS Edge.... Stops working, Stops responding. - Similar Threads - Edge Stops working

2. Stopping Edge!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stopping Edge!: Dammit Microsoft! How do I PERMANANTLY stop Microsoft Edge from running?I have gone into the Group Policy Editor & DISABLED:1. Allow Microsoft Edge to pre-launch at Windows startup, when the system is idle & each time Microsoft Edge is closed2. Allow Microsoft Edge to start &...
  3. MS Windows 11 Apps have stopped responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Windows 11 Apps have stopped responding: Suddenly 10 apps on my one month old Lenovo laptop have stopped responding. I am unable to open: Calculator, Calendar, Clock, Mail, Maps, Media Player, MS to Do, Paint, Phone Link and XBox Game Bar. Also a game, "Gummy Drop" has been affected. If you look at them in the...
  4. MS Windows 11 Apps have stopped responding

MS Windows 11 Apps have stopped responding: Suddenly 10 apps on my one month old Lenovo laptop have stopped responding. I am unable to open: Calculator, Calendar, Clock, Mail, Maps, Media Player, MS to Do, Paint, Phone Link and XBox Game Bar. Also a game, "Gummy Drop" has been affected. If you look at them in the...
  5. MS Edge.... Stops working, Stops responding.

MS Edge.... Stops working, Stops responding.: Windows 10 1809 Build 17763.615 all up to date. As per title, happens 3 to 5 times a day have tried Reset, Repair, Uninstall and Reinstall via Powershell instructions from this forum....but to no avail.(On 3 occasions over last few days). Have attached two images from...
  6. Onedrive stopped working for Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onedrive stopped working for Edge: Not too long ago, I had Onedrive working fine for my Edge favorites -- they were available on Edge for my tablet and smartphone as well. Suddenly, they completely disappeared from my tablet and smartphone -- even though my Onenote files continued to be available on all three...
  7. Edge Stopped Working

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Stopped Working: I'm on Build 14986 of Win 10. Today, I tried to use Edge. It launches to the point where the home page URL appears in the address bar, but the page itself does not display. No other page will display either. In IE, all is well, so I'm pretty sure Edge is messed up. NB...
  8. MS Edge does not respond

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge does not respond: I have tried to open Edge from all the "short cuts". The splash will show for a moment, then nothing. Also the "Search the web and Windows" box is non resposive. Neither option has worked since upgrade. 25235
  9. Edge stopped working

in Browsers and Email
    Edge stopped working: I keep getting this message when I close Edge. It doesn't affect anything since it occurs when I'm closing. I noticed it on a customer's PC the other day so it looks like a MS bug. Closing the warning closes the warning and nothing else. Pete 56311
  10. Edge stopped

in Browsers and Email
    Edge stopped: I turned on the system and Edge won't work but IE11 does. How do I change this. Thanks 40141