Windows 10: MS Edge Third Party cookies blocked but does not pass the Cookie test

Discus and support MS Edge Third Party cookies blocked but does not pass the Cookie test in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have set MS Edge (non-Chromium version) to block only Third-party cookies and I went to GRC Cookie Forensics, the Third Party cookie test had failed.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by win10freak, Aug 24, 2019.

1. MS Edge Third Party cookies blocked but does not pass the Cookie test

I have set MS Edge (non-Chromium version) to block only Third-party cookies and I went to GRC Cookie Forensics, the Third Party cookie test had failed.

GRC | Cookie Forensics Display

See attached image.

Why is it failing or not passing the test?

My wild guess may be, is the webpage may be too out of date to support MS Edge.

:)

win10freak, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Alicia J Win User

Allow or Block Cookies in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge will not keep the setting allow cookies or block third party cookies. When I go to websites that require cookies I get a message telling me to enable cookies, even though they are enabled in settings.

Can the reg files listed in the tutorial for enabling or disabling cookies, be used with such an issue? Would you recommend blocking third party cookies?

Alicia J, Aug 24, 2019
  3. tincanguy Win User
    Edge tracking cookies

I had already done the items you suggested with no apparent effect. Still get up to 600!!! tracking cookies if I don't check for several days.

Question: Does "block only 3rd party cookies" mean that all first party cookies are accepted? If so, then that explains why so many tracking cookies appear. If that is true then "Do not track" is totally ineffective, and MS MUST allow a cookie managing
    app or provide an option like 8.1 to control which cookies are accepted.

With edgeadblock, Edge has become a very good browser except for the tracking cookie problem. Please provide a fix ASAP.

tincanguy, Aug 24, 2019
  4. MS Edge Third Party cookies blocked but does not pass the Cookie test

Edge tracking cookies

I have had the same problem. All these tracking cookies slow down my machine. Edge has gotten to be the best except for this problem.

I suggest going to Chrome, blocking third party cookies (that's what tracking cookies are) and using SuperAntiApyware (it is the best out there) to scan and remove. Chrome also has a way to add sites to the blocking list if any get through. I do this and
    my machine is faster and tracking free!!

When Microsoft gets this capability, I will be back, not before.

Pay attention Microsoft!!

FrankieRaney, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

MS Edge Third Party cookies blocked but does not pass the Cookie test

1. MS Edge Third Party cookies blocked but does not pass the Cookie test - Similar Threads - Edge Third Party

2. gpo third party cookies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gpo third party cookies: hello Please helpI created that policy cookiesallowedforurls and configure cookies- selected Block only third party cookies.Third party cookies are blocked by GPO point 1 on screenshotCookies allowed for urls - exception appeared point 2 on screenshotbut user can still add...
  3. gpo third party cookies

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gpo third party cookies: hello Please helpI created that policy cookiesallowedforurls and configure cookies- selected Block only third party cookies.Third party cookies are blocked by GPO point 1 on screenshotCookies allowed for urls - exception appeared point 2 on screenshotbut user can still add...
  4. gpo third party cookies

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Browser is blocking third-party cookies

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Browser is blocking third-party cookies: I'm trying to send in a device for refurbished replacement and no matter what browser I use I get this error: Your browser is blocking third-party cookies. Please use another device to complete this activity.I have updated the settings for each browser, in Edge I did that...
  6. Cookie Management in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cookie Management in Edge: In IE 11 we had the "cookie management" option. I can't find that in Edge. Accept or allow first, second, and third party cookies, etc. I also liked the option to periodically delete all cookies EXCEPT those from web sites in the Favorites folder. Any chance of finding that...
  7. erase third party cookies

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    erase third party cookies: How delete or erase third party cookies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erase-third-party-cookies/ded3384b-73ff-41d4-9bcb-b56ee7776c0f
  8. How do I know if I accept third party cookies?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I know if I accept third party cookies?: how do I know if I accept third party cookies * Moved from Insider * Original title: cookies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-know-if-i-accept-third-party-cookies/8e203663-57c5-49df-87dc-0dd1d967416b
  9. 3rd Party cookies Blocker

in Browsers and Email
    3rd Party cookies Blocker: Using Windows10, how do I turn off the 3rd party cookies blocker please? I am trying to access a bona fide web site which will not allow me access because my 3rd Party Cookie is blocking me. 123839
  10. 3rd Party cookies Blocker

in Windows 10 Support
    3rd Party cookies Blocker: Using Windows10, how do I turn off the 3rd party cookies blocker please? I am trying to access a bona fide web site which will not allow me access because my 3rd Party Cookie is blocking me. 123839