Windows 10: MS Edge updates and firewall error every time

Discus and support MS Edge updates and firewall error every time in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; hi, As usual, edge update and then all firewall rules are broken - this happens all the time when there is an Edge update. can you fix this? [img]... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gabgab, Mar 20, 2021.

1. gabgab Win User

MS Edge updates and firewall error every time

hi,

As usual, edge update and then all firewall rules are broken - this happens all the time when there is an Edge update. can you fix this?

MS Edge updates and firewall error every time [​IMG]

Now when i visit some site the firewall will ask me if i allow access externally to MS Edge. i have already approved this a million times, and changes every time due to different folder name.

it just got updated to Version 89.0.774.57

does anybody have this error as well?

thanks,
    Gabrio

:)

gabgab, Mar 20, 2021

2. Flash player in Windows Phone - MS Edge

Mister Azaruddin,

Did You prove to do your suggestion to enable flash player on MS Edge on Windows phone 10 ?

It seems not.

Regards,

Paulo Ernane

PauloErnane, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 20, 2021
  4. intro Win User

Question about Windows firewall and edge chromium

Thats interesting info you gave me but I can enable the firewall, start edge, go to netflix, play something and its 1080p. I can disable the firewall and repeat the same steps and all I get is 720p. I did that cycle 3 times with no differenc (720p without firewall--1080p with firewall.

intro, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

1. MS Edge updates and firewall error every time - Similar Threads - Edge updates firewall

2. Update error every time 0xC1900208

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update error every time 0xC1900208: This error codes keeps in blocking the supposed to be successful update in my Windows 10 0xC1900208. The error keeps showing. I dont have this when I update last month.Help?...
  3. Update error every time 0xC1900208

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update error every time 0xC1900208: This error codes keeps in blocking the supposed to be successful update in my Windows 10 0xC1900208. The error keeps showing. I dont have this when I update last month.Help?...
  4. Update error every time 0xC1900208

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. About ms edge update

in Browsers and Email
    About ms edge update: My ms edge automatic update to latest version 90.0.818.46 without asking when i click on "about ms edge". Download updates over metered connections is off. Is there anyway to disable auto update ? 178305
  6. Every time MS Edge updates, the firewall needs to ask permission again

in Browsers and Email
    Every time MS Edge updates, the firewall needs to ask permission again: hello very often when there is an update to edge, for instance there is one now from 88.0.705.50 then the Win10 firewall will ask again to authorise the access outgoing, that happens i think because the folder of the new version where Edge lives has changed, namely with the...
  7. Windows Firewall blocking MS Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall blocking MS Edge: I asked this question on the Edge forum too, but I have additional questions about this blocking thing A. Uh, why do keep getting a message that Windows Firewall is blocking "some aspects" of Microsoft Edge. I am using beta now, but it did it with the plain old "new Edge"...
  8. "View firewall options" notification every time I log in.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "View firewall options" notification every time I log in.: For the past year that I've had my laptop, I've always been greeted a few minutes after login with a notification that reads: "View firewall options Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off. Tap or click to see available options." I get a similar message...
  9. every time i open a ms program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    every time i open a ms program: i get this message and have to go through 4 windows to dismiss... how to stop???? Your data, controlled by you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-open-a-ms-program/6847ba59-9fdf-498a-a079-d1fe04485b40"
  10. Firewall blocking most internet connectivity, except MS Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall blocking most internet connectivity, except MS Edge: I installed the most recent Win 10 update, and now have the most odd issue that I can't figure out. Windows Defender firewall seems to block everything except Windows Edge, from within my private home network When the firewall is on: Firefox and Chrome do not work at all....