Windows 10: Ms Edge viewing favorites folders.

Discus and support Ms Edge viewing favorites folders. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Here is what I am wondering, in google you can click on a favorites folder and see list of links, then you can slide your mouse over other folders, and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Hewjr100, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Hewjr100 Win User

Ms Edge viewing favorites folders.

Here is what I am wondering, in google you can click on a favorites folder and see list of links, then you can slide your mouse over other folders, and see your links. But in Ms Edge you can't do that, you have to click on the page to close folder, then click on another folder. Same thing in IE 11. Why is that? Will Ms Edge and IE 11 ever have that capability.

Henry

:)

Hewjr100, Nov 6, 2016
  2. TimSeidel Win User

Favorites disappeared from Microsoft Edge after November upgrade

A few folks have published work-around solutions to this problem. What worked for me was to open in two views the pre-November update edge favorites folder:
    %LocalAppData%/Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default

and the IE favorites folder:

\Users\%User%\Favorites.

Copy your edge folder favorites into you IE favorites folder so that the IE favorites now contains the favorites you would like in edge.

Go back to MS edge and use the process to import favorites from IE. That will work to reconstruct the edge favorites.

TimSeidel, Nov 6, 2016
  3. graye Win User
    Unable to move favourites subfolders to main in The Edge

The items in favorites bar (the horizontal thing at the top) also exist in a folder called (not surprisingly) "Favorites Bar" in the favorites "pane". So, just do the "drag-n-drop" operations from the Favorites Bar folder (instead of doing it directly
    from the actual favorites bar itself).

Moving a folder "up" the tree is a bit tricky... since the pre-Anniversary Update version of Edge uses a "bread crumb" view rather than a full "tree view". So, to move something "up", you drop the item on the word "FAVORITES" (not an icon) at the top of
    the favorites pane.

Yeah, the Anniversary Update does make moving between folders a bit easier...

graye, Nov 6, 2016
Thema:

Ms Edge viewing favorites folders.

1. Ms Edge viewing favorites folders. - Similar Threads - Edge viewing favorites

2. Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?: Hello and have a nice day.MS Edge favorites are synchronised across my network. If I give my Laptop to a friend, to be connected to another house and another network would the others be able to see and alter my favorites?Thank you....
  3. Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?: Hello and have a nice day.MS Edge favorites are synchronised across my network. If I give my Laptop to a friend, to be connected to another house and another network would the others be able to see and alter my favorites?Thank you....
  4. Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Copying favorites from Firefox to MS Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Copying favorites from Firefox to MS Edge: Have just this last week upgraded/updated to W10 from the MS site itself. (Version 1909) (yep, the free offer from them is still there, you just got to know how to download it!). I'm messing around at the moment with this "new" Microsoft Edge. By the way, l can still access...
  6. Favorites/Folders column viewing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorites/Folders column viewing: I am trying to have my Favorites/Folders column to be already open and viewable when I open my Outlook inbox mail. The above column also shows all the folders I have composed, etc. I would like it to stay open all the time. Right now my inbox mail list takes up the whole...
  7. Are all my Favorites from MS Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Are all my Favorites from MS Edge?: Are all my Favorites from MS Edge saved in a cloud? I'm opening up my User folder and Favorites and my favorites are not listed. 25704
  8. Cannot Rename Folder in Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Rename Folder in Edge Favorites: As the title says. I can right-click on a folder in Edge favorites and click rename. Once the new name is typed in there seems to be no way to save it. No matter what I do it reverts to the previous name. Is it like this for everyone else? Jim 15600
  9. MS Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Favorites: With the Internet Explorer I have my favorites organized into folders. When I import them into the Edge and look at the favorites I see a whole bunch of folders with 0 items in them and I don't know why. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing? 30187
  10. Microsoft Edge Favorites not in default folder but availalbe in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Favorites not in default folder but availalbe in Edge: Since installing the November Windows 10 update (11/17/15) none of my favorites are being stored in the default Edge folder. While in Edge the favorites are available but when I go to the default folder they are not listed. Is there another location they may be being saved or...