Windows 10: MS Edge: Website Certificate Errors

Discus and support MS Edge: Website Certificate Errors in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My problem is I find MS Edge does not always react the same to sites that appear to have website certificate error problems. The following two url's... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Geoff Daniell, Nov 11, 2016.

1. MS Edge: Website Certificate Errors

My problem is I find MS Edge does not always react the same to sites that appear to have website certificate error problems.

The following two url's are basically for the same site, due to a change in the name of the government department at some or other stage.

Daily State of Dams

Daily State of Dams

Both sites offer a facility where one can display data accessed from a database in a map form. One can display the latest data for the most recent date in the data base which always works. But on the one site (the official new site), DWS Landing Page), choosing a previous date to the latest on will just display a place holder instead of the map,

MS Edge: Website Certificate Errors [​IMG]

yet on the older site, it will display a website certificate error message, which then allows one to proceed anyway and then get the map.

MS Edge: Website Certificate Errors [​IMG]

Can anyone offer an explanation why this is please? Iin other words why does MS edge not routinely display the error message instead of a place holder?

Further, using another browser such as Chrome will offer one an option to display the image in a separate window which then allows one to see the image. This facility is not available in MS Edge consistently. Any reason why not?

:)

Geoff Daniell, Nov 11, 2016
  2. ScottRotker, Nov 11, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Edge Problems - Will Not Access Sites Chrome and Mozilla Will - "Security Err" Prompt

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Occasionally you'll get an error message telling you there's a problem with a website's security certificate. A site's certificate allows Edge to establish a secure connection with the site. Certificate errors occur when there's a problem with a certificate
    or a web server's use of the certificate. Edge helps keep your information more secure by warning about certificate errors.

As a work around I suggest you to try opening these websites from InPrivate browser and check if this helps.

• Initially, open a webpage on Edge and press Shift + Ctrl + P
      to open InPrivate browser.
    • Now try to open websites you want from InPrivate browser and check if this helps.
    Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

To know more about certificate errors, you may refer the below link and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/certificate-errors-faq#ie=ie-11

Note: The information provided in this link applies to Edge as well.

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 11, 2016
Thema:

MS Edge: Website Certificate Errors

1. MS Edge: Website Certificate Errors - Similar Threads - Edge Website Certificate

2. Reporting MS website typos and errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reporting MS website typos and errors: Is there a simple method or email address where one can report an error or typo found within the Microsoft.com website pages? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reporting-ms-website-typos-and-errors/6d7978bd-eb6c-469d-8e28-14d72d6fa42a
  3. SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSL certificate errors on normal websites.: Hi,I've been having a strange issue when connecting to certain websites I always have, ebay, spotify, reddit, and many others including parts of Microsoft websites. They all say that their security certificate is invalid which I know is not true. The error I get is...
  4. SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSL certificate errors on normal websites.: Hi,I've been having a strange issue when connecting to certain websites I always have, ebay, spotify, reddit, and many others including parts of Microsoft websites. They all say that their security certificate is invalid which I know is not true. The error I get is...
  5. SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.

in Browsers and Email
    There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.: Hey Guys, Long time since I have been here, hope you are all well. :-) When I try to log onto my Plesk control panel I am presented with the "There is a problem with this website’s security certificate." which I have always had but there used to be a link that said "I...
  7. Microsoft Edge Security Certificate Error?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Security Certificate Error?: In Microsoft Edge browser no matter what website I go to this error pops up. I've tried a bunch of different things already with no prevail. Anyone got a fix for this? I'd Appreciate it. [img] 55109
  8. MS Edge Problem with website security certificate

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Problem with website security certificate: Just recently Edge has been giving me an error message stating "There is a problem with this site's security certificate" when I try to log onto my work site remotely. I know the site well, have spoken to their IT department and have been assured the certificate is up to...
  9. "There is a problem with this website’s security certificate"

in Browsers and Email
    "There is a problem with this website’s security certificate": Hi, I get this: [img] when I try to go to any https address in IE or Firefox. However, Pale Moon (which I normally use) works. That means I don't know when the problem started. I've tried deleting cert8.db in my Firefox profile, and resetting IE and clearing...
  10. Certificate Reputation for website owners

in Windows 10 News
    Certificate Reputation for website owners: Last year, we introduced a new mechanism that Microsoft is building to better protect you against fraudulent certificates on the Web. In this blog post, we are going to explain how we will enable the broader community of site owners to participate in detecting fraudulent...