Windows 10: MS Edge won't let me save/download webm videos

Discus and support MS Edge won't let me save/download webm videos in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This started happening after the latest update. What happens is, when I try to download a webm video file, it only displays the Open dialog and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by hachiroku, Oct 11, 2020.

1. hachiroku Win User

MS Edge won't let me save/download webm videos

This started happening after the latest update. What happens is, when I try to download a webm video file, it only displays the Open dialog and launches my external video player (mpv) and streams the video from the link. It doesn't save the file even temporarily.
    I've already tried the "Ask me what to do with each download" setting.

MS Edge won't let me save/download webm videos [​IMG]

Webms play fine in the browser, it's just when I try to download one that this happens.

:)

hachiroku, Oct 11, 2020
  2. JackOS13 Win User

Can't view WebM videos

So I'm not too sure on how to really work with the new update, also with the whole replacing IE 8 with MS Edge, but I can no longer view webm file videos and I'm seeing in other web forums that I'm not the only one experiencing the same problem.

I'm too scared to uninstall Windows 10 as I heard that it messes up the computer and so I'm wondering if there is any way to watch webm videos without having to install in web browser without having to download some video viewer?

I'm not using Internet Explorer, I'm using Microsoft Edge, for whatever reason they decided to change the name.

[Original title: Windows 10]

JackOS13, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Saving linked video files in Edge on Win10?

I regularly browse websites that has a lot of video files in .webm format and I want to save some of them.

But in edge, all I get by right clicking the link is a choice to open it or open it in a new tab. This will save it to my downloads folder but I would like the option of just saving it instead.

Is there an option in Edge to allow that?

JohnVilnis, Oct 11, 2020
  4. MS Edge won't let me save/download webm videos

When will Edge browser render a Webm (aka VP8) video file?

It is still on a working progress and our engineers and developers are doing their best so that when the said feature will be released, there will be no any bugs or issues that may occur.

You may also see this link for more information:
    Microsoft Edge to support Google's open-source WebM video format.

We will make sure to announce it so that you will be aware of it's release.

Regards.

PreciousLeb, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

MS Edge won't let me save/download webm videos

1. MS Edge won't let me save/download webm videos - Similar Threads - Edge won't let

2. Microsoft Store won't let me download.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store won't let me download.: So, one of my apps wasn't working correctly so I uninstalled it through apps in settings. But when I tried to reinstall it through Microsoft Store It said I still had it installed even though in settings it was nowhere to be found. Microsoft Store was the only place this app...
  3. Won't let me download windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't let me download windows 11.: So when I use the Microsoft health check app, It says everything is good and I am ready to install windows 11, but when I go into the settings app, it still says I do not meet the minimum requirements. thanks in advance for any answers...
  4. Won't let me download windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Won't let me download windows 11.: So when I use the Microsoft health check app, It says everything is good and I am ready to install windows 11, but when I go into the settings app, it still says I do not meet the minimum requirements. thanks in advance for any answers...
  5. Won't let me download windows 11.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Store won't let me download ANYTHING

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Store won't let me download ANYTHING: I am so beyond infuriated with Microsoft on this one. I’ve tried every fix I’ve seen online and nothing changes anything. I bought Forza Horizon and Minecraft from the microsoft store yet it refuses to let me download them. I’ve tried the wsreset, resetting from settings,...
  7. Edge won't let me sign in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge won't let me sign in: In the the Win 10 Pro Settings I clicked on Help which opened the robot window. I asked my question and eventually clicked on Speak to a person Message a Windows Advisor. After filling in my name, question etc I clicked on the arrow and a red message popped up saying I needed...
  8. Won't let me download games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't let me download games.: When I try to download a game it says I have no applicable devices to install on. Then when I go to my devices, I have my desktop clearly on there with no problems. SO when I click on that and try to install a game again it says I have no applicable devices even though I...
  9. The store won't let me download anything.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The store won't let me download anything.: are there any fixes? submitted by /u/TheRealArborkid [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/envl6m/the_store_wont_let_me_download_anything/
  10. Computer recognizes camcorder but won't let me download video to hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer recognizes camcorder but won't let me download video to hard drive: I have attached a Sony Digital 8 Handycam to my Dell computer running Windows 10. I have the camera connected via 1394 port. I open device manager and it sees the camcorder. I check to see if it has drivers and it does. I update the driver anyway and it tells me I'm...