Windows 10: MS Ergonomic keyboard 4000 - Right shift/X does not work

Discus and support MS Ergonomic keyboard 4000 - Right shift/X does not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't know how long this has been going on since capital X is not exactly a common letter needed but I noticed the other day that when I try pressing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hunterdust, Aug 21, 2018.

1. MS Ergonomic keyboard 4000 - Right shift/X does not work

I don't know how long this has been going on since capital X is not exactly a common letter needed but I noticed the other day that when I try pressing the left shift and x, nothing happens. Left shift + x works fine, but of course, you don't use the left shift when you are pressing the x key.

I also just now noticed that NEITHER shift key works with the 0 key to get the right parentheses, which means I am unable to get that at all. The top right set of keys over the numpad also won't give me either parentheses or the =

I have done all the troubleshooting steps. Changed USB ports, etc. Nothing works. The keyboard is just over a year old. IT HAS already started giving me some other issues. The space bar wasn't working well for awhile, and I noticed it was because how stupidly this keyboard is bade with the rubber button for the keyboard being all on its own. And on my keyboard, it has slipped off its pegs and had slid partly away from the circuit board and wasn't always making a connection. But I have no idea why a shift would work on every key but two. OR why one key would work fine normally, but not with either shift, as the 0 does.

:)

hunterdust, Aug 21, 2018

2. Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 Driver...

Hello Michael,

In Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 you don't need any of driver to run. Its just run so quickly and you don't need to install any kind of drivers to run this Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000.

Still as you already told above that you have installed Drivers then you have to first uninstall Drivers and connect again Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. I hope this might help you out.

Still if doesn't work then i work for
    Examzip
    please contact me there. I will help you out MS Ergonomic keyboard 4000 - Right shift/X does not work :)

PriyankaSharmalive, Aug 21, 2018
  3. George222(2), Aug 21, 2018
  4. MS Ergonomic keyboard 4000 - Right shift/X does not work

JustinRiley, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

MS Ergonomic keyboard 4000 - Right shift/X does not work

1. MS Ergonomic keyboard 4000 - Right shift/X does not work - Similar Threads - Ergonomic keyboard 4000

2. Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 - Issues with "x" and "enter"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 - Issues with "x" and "enter": I have Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. Just recently, every time I hit "x" it returns. And every time I hit "enter", it puts an "x" and returns. I tried updating drivers and removing the drivers. I also checked Sticky Keys, to make sure I didn't have anything active. And...
  3. Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 - Issues with "x" and "enter"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 - Issues with "x" and "enter": I have Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. Just recently, every time I hit "x" it returns. And every time I hit "enter", it puts an "x" and returns. I tried updating drivers and removing the drivers. I also checked Sticky Keys, to make sure I didn't have anything active. And...
  4. Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 - Issues with "x" and "enter"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ergonomic keyboard 4000 keys are starting to not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ergonomic keyboard 4000 keys are starting to not work: Ergonomic keyboard 4000 has been working fine but the main "Enter" stopped working a couple of days ago and not the "o" and "i" keys do not work. They feel fine but the computer does not seem to get a signal from the keyboard when they are pressed. Blew air around them,...
  6. MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 not working

MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 not working: I have a Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 v1.0, using it on a windows 10 Pro, and some of the buttons/functions are not working. For example the scroll button is not working, the left and right button on top of the lights are not working. The star button is also not...
  7. Ergonomic 4000 keyboard

Ergonomic 4000 keyboard: I am trying to set up my Ergonomic 4000 keyboard but I cannot work out how to activate the number pad. I have tried the number lock key but that is not having any affect....
  8. Programming the Ergonomic 4000 keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programming the Ergonomic 4000 keyboard: Hi - How do you program the special keys on the Microsoft 4000 Ergonomic keyboard using Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programming-the-ergonomic-4000-keyboard/9f80dd07-a6ab-426b-b04d-2685935b85b3
  9. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: I have bought and used the Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard since it was made. I started a new job and had them order me one. The space bar did not work. They had it replaced and the second one worked for two weeks. Now keys don't work (the enter key, c, y, u, i o; keypad keys /,...
  10. Ergonomic Keyboard MS 4000 capslock and letter A problem

Ergonomic Keyboard MS 4000 capslock and letter A problem: Since a couple of days I have the problem that the keyboard turns the Capslock on by itself. Since today it starts typing the letter A both in normal as in capital, by itself, even when Im not around. I have reinstalled the software but the pARO (SEE this is what it does)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ergonomic keyboard 4000 shift key doesnt work

2. microsoft ergonomin keyboard 4000 shift key not working

3. how do i get = key to work on microsoft 4000 ergonomic keyboard

4. microsoft keyboard 4000 instruction manual,
  5. microsoft 4000 keyboard manual,
  6. microsoft ergonomic keyboard 4000 enter key not working,
  7. microsoft ergonomic keyboard 4000 help with shift ,
  8. microsoft ergonomic keyboard 4000 right shift key not working