Windows 10: MS Excel file link

Discus and support MS Excel file link in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am currently using MS Excel in a network with 3 other computers. On the Excel sheet, there is a shortcut link we made to be able to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TimothyPark3, Dec 9, 2020.

1. MS Excel file link

Hi,

I am currently using MS Excel in a network with 3 other computers. On the Excel sheet, there is a shortcut link we made to be able

to open another Excel file so we don't have to manually go to File Explorer and open the file.

Everything was working fine but now whenever I click the link, it opens up the "Onedrive" website version instead.

I simply want to click the shortcut link from the Excel sheet, and be able to access the excel file, to save time without opening it in

the web browser.

Upon some research I saw a solution where I would need to use IE Explorer, open my Onedrive website and click on the

bottom right corner to "restore to old classic version" so I can go to advanced settings to change some sort of option

but I don't even see anything on the bottom right corner either. So I am stuck. Please assist if you can.

:)

TimothyPark3, Dec 9, 2020

2. ms. excel bug? file that protect by password become unprotected file?

i have ms. excel 2010 document that protected by password, when i send it through e-mail the file become unprotected file, in other name the pass is gone
    is it the bug or i just missed something on that

micropage7, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Excel file

Hi zhiyang....,

I'm assuming that since you're using Excel 2011, that you have a Mac. Have you tried saving the file in the default 2011 format of XLSX?

While I have tested and can open both XLS and XLSX files on my Windows Phone, they were both created in PC versions of Excel 2000 and Excel 2010.

As a test, would you:

• First, try saving the file as XLSX and see if you can access the newer file format on your phone.

Otherwise, try the following as a test:

• Open up a web browser
    • Go to Windows Live and login.
    • Select "SkyDrive" at the top of the brwoser window
    • Select the Excel icon near the top where it says "Create"
    • Add a few numbers and do an AutoSum. Maybe add some formatting.
    • Close the workbook (File -> Close workbook)
    • Next, your SkyDrive file listing will appear with the new file.
    • Click the "i" circle to the far right of the new file.
    • Now, select "Send a link"
    • Enter your e-mail information and click "Send"
    • On your phone, open the e-mail and click on the button that says "View document"
    • You should be able to view the document.
    • If yes, then there is apparently a compatibilty issue on the Mac using XLS and I would try my first suggestion of trying to save the file in a different format like the newer XLSX.

By the way, the procedure gets easier in Windows Phone Mango (coming soon - no official release dates yet except in Japan) as you can save to and access files directly from your SkyDrive. That would eliminate the e-mailing it to yourself steps ... a lot easier!

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Dec 9, 2020
  4. jcm000 Win User

MS Excel file link

Problem Associating Spreadsheet Files with MS Excel 2010 After Launching an MS Excel 2016 Trial ...

I use MS Excel 2010, and after launching what was a pre-installed version of MS Excel 2016 one time, my spreadsheet files are now associated with the soon to exprire (it expires today) trial of MS Excel 2016. I am unable to restore the association with
    MS Excel 2010 via the Control Panel's 'Default Programs' option.

How can I reset the file association so that my spreadsheet and csv files are associated with MS Excel 2010, and
    not MS Excel 2016?

Under ... Set Your Default Programs >>> Excel 2016 >>> Choose Defaults for This Program >>> Set Associations for This Program ... the options to deselect cannot be changed. I believe the responsible animal is at the bottom of the file-type list, under
    'Protocols'; its check box is marked, and it is identified as 'MS-EXCEL Url:Excel Protocol Microsoft Office 2010.'

I'd guess that declaration specifies that my spreadsheet and csv file associations are set to MS EXCEL 2016, and not MS EXCEL 2010. However, as with the other options, it cannot be unchecked.

I believe this requires a registry edit similar to this Fixing an Excel File Type Association After Upgrading ... but
    one that is specific to my situation.

Please advise.

Many Thanks!

jcm000, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

MS Excel file link

1. MS Excel file link - Similar Threads - Excel file link

2. MS Excel Reverse concatenation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Excel Reverse concatenation?: I was wondering if there is a way to write a word in one field and have the word divided into multiple characters into other cells with one character each?
  3. Excel will not open. MS Excel not recognising my account

Excel will not open. MS Excel not recognising my account: Trying to open Excel. I am logged into my MS account @outlook.com and get a message saying 'we could not find a work or school account with that email address' It is my own personal MS365 and not a school or company MS account. Word is working perfectly by the way. So is...
  4. Hello, Is it possible to link excel list with MS sticky notes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hello, Is it possible to link excel list with MS sticky notes: Hello, Is it possible to link excel list with MS sticky notes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-is-it-possible-to-link-excel-list-with-ms/11f38eb6-3398-44f8-bfa4-469350e4751d
  5. Hello, Is it possible to link excel list with MS sticky notes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, Is it possible to link excel list with MS sticky notes: Hello, Is it possible to link excel list with MS sticky notes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-is-it-possible-to-link-excel-list-with-ms/11f38eb6-3398-44f8-bfa4-469350e4751d
  6. Hello, Is it possible to link excel list with MS sticky notes

7. MS Office 365 eXCEL

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Office 365 eXCEL: Two problems: One- In Excel, keep getting "we're sorry but excel has run into an error that is preventing it from working........" This error is extremely irritating as I have to reenter data everytime MS decides to "prevent it from working" and when you deal with the...
  8. Validating links in Excel

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Validating links in Excel: Not sure if anyone here can assist but here goes :) I haven't found a working solution online for this yet so i'm picking brains. What i've done is created an excel file with all of the internal apps that my company uses. We're in the process of changing them over from http...
  9. MS office Excel 2016

MS office Excel 2016: How do I apply a new Theme Font to existing workbooks created with another Theme so that all fonts are changed to the new Theme? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office-excel-2016/1465ff54-f342-4038-85bf-30d61a970d98
  10. MS excel 2016 issue

MS excel 2016 issue: I have windows 10 with MS Office 2016 on i5 and 8 GB RAM machine but when i try to open a 14 MB excel file it show not responding and after some time stop working. please help...