Windows 10: MS EXCEL (Math: Product / Addition)

Discus and support MS EXCEL (Math: Product / Addition) in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; [img] how to make auto calculate example, C * B = E (each item) and E = F should look like this [img] please help, thanks! 94411 Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by DW7EZV, Sep 27, 2017.

1. DW7EZV Win User

MS EXCEL (Math: Product / Addition)

MS EXCEL (Math: Product / Addition) [​IMG]

how to make auto calculate

example, C * B = E (each item) and E = F

should look like this

please help, thanks!

:)

DW7EZV, Sep 27, 2017

2. Copy and paste in Excel.

dear

is there any handheld device come which support only MS EXCEL,and touch screen,,colour screen,,and computer connectevity for uploading and downloading MS EXCEL files,,if ya then pl tell me which is the product

if not then pl tell me which phone suport have following property

1=MS excel

2=touch screen

3=colour screen

jain kirit, Sep 27, 2017
  3. There is no email program associated to perform this requested action. Please install a email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default program in Control Panel ?

Stephanie/whomsoever,

Like Igor I have the exact message and it happens when the machine starts up,
    always.

I have figured out that it started when I uninstalled MS Office Version 7, and then downloaded

and installed MS Office 2016.

My interpretation of this is that the UNINSTALL erased something it should not have

erased!

My MS Office products were only the WORD, EXCEL and POWERPOINT; nothing more

and I did not install all of the MS OFFICE products.

I like Igor have never, in my computer life, ever had, used nor cared about MS Outlook !!!

MS Outlook should not BE connected to the other products.

Installation of MS Office products should not ever be connected, nor required, for any other

product's usage; especially WORD or EXCEL.

My guess is that the uninstall messed up the registry !!

Richard Ferman

RichardFerman, Sep 27, 2017
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Created an empty row below the column headings and hid it (for calculation of running total in column F).

Formatted the data in column C as currency (in my case as £)

Filled in columns A, B, C.

in the SUBTOTAL column E4 against the first ITEM entered the formula =B4*C4 and <enter>

in the RUNNING TOTAL column F4 against the first item entered the formula =E4+F3 and <enter>

select cells E4 and F4, and extend the selection down as required, and press Ctrl+D (copy down)

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Fafhrd, Sep 27, 2017
  5. AndreTen Win User
    Start in command row with = and then click on first cell to multiply, press * and click on second cell.

After this look at Fafhrd's post *Smile (beats me by seconds ...)

AndreTen, Sep 27, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    You do not need a hidden row - it is overcomplicating things!

Simply set cell F4 as "=E4"

Then cell F5 simply uses "=E5 + F4"

Then copy formula from cell F5 to other cells in F column.

cereberus, Sep 27, 2017
  7. Fafhrd Win User
    Yes! there are many ways to skin a cat @cereberus!

However my method allows the copy down command to be run on the first row of data, rather than your method, on the second row of data, with different formulae in the first row.

Fafhrd, Sep 27, 2017
  8. cereberus Win User

Sure but (IMO) if you are going to do it your way, it is clearer if you do not hide the row, and simply put 0 in cell F3, and this also allows you to have e.g. an initial one off setup cost included in cell F3.

cereberus, Sep 27, 2017
  9. Fafhrd Win User
    Now that is getting complicated!

As I said cat skinning can get complicated, and messy, so IMO it's better just to hide it, and if you can avoid inventing numericals where null values (empty cells) can be used instead, it's less work, and less difficult to debug a spreadsheet where formula are consistent in rows and columns where real raw data exist alongside calculated values.

Fafhrd, Sep 27, 2017
  10. cereberus Win User
    How can leaving a row in empty be more complicated? You do not even need to enter zero, or you can hide display of zero etc.

The extra about offset costs was just a possible advantage of doing it my way, and not really pertinent to OP's problem.

The main plus of hiding row here is that it does prevent a user entering an inappropriate figure in that cell, but one should really use cell locking for fixed data and formulae if making a robust spreadsheet..

To me hiding rows is for when doing lots of intermediate calculations that would make spreadsheet cumbersome.
    I actually tend to use other sheets for intermediate calculations and hide sheet as quicker and eaiser for complicated spreadsheets but that is just my preference.

Anyway, we will just have to disagree on style - it is up to OP to decide which he prefers.

cereberus, Sep 27, 2017
  11. DW7EZV Win User
    why i input in QTY and PRICE, only the subtotal will auto calculate. not the running total. running total will only work if i ctrl + d. is ther a way to auto calculate? thanks and sorry my english is bad.

DW7EZV, Sep 27, 2017
  12. Fafhrd Win User
    If you select cells E4 and F4, and then continue the selection down , for say 100 rows, with <Shift>+<down arrow> keys, then enter <Ctrl>+D to copy down, then the formulae in both E4 and F4 should be copied down in those 100 rows. You only seem to have copied down in the column E. You can check whether there are formulae in a cell by clicking it and checking what is in the cell edit box.

Fafhrd, Sep 27, 2017
  13. AndreTen Win User

Or just mark the last cell with good formula click and hold on cross mark (lower right corner of cell) and drag down... Formula will be copied in all cells

result:

Edit: and you don't need to have zero (0) in that empty row. There is the same formula in F column... (empty cell is zero)

AndreTen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MS EXCEL (Math: Product / Addition) - Similar Threads - EXCEL Math Product

2. Nice math

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nice math: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/klorin5656 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tyio3j/nice_math/
  3. math

in Windows 10 Gaming
    math: math jfewewf ewfjwfekioewr ebrbvrw htwhwh 64htwh 5h54w he 43gi birthday grave rheaivr have ahfg gealg agrag43ag 5a3g5ea g4eag4g 4wg4 grgrs avfeahtraha rhgrehr ahreha hreahr hrehr ehrehre aeheahre hrahfhjty srriuy ttrethrj yhta htjyrtshr eayiy trferhyrh teaht...
  4. math

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    math: math jfewewf ewfjwfekioewr ebrbvrw htwhwh 64htwh 5h54w he 43gi birthday grave rheaivr have ahfg gealg agrag43ag 5a3g5ea g4eag4g 4wg4 grgrs avfeahtraha rhgrehr ahreha hreahr hrehr ehrehre aeheahre hrahfhjty srriuy ttrethrj yhta htjyrtshr eayiy trferhyrh teaht...
  5. math

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  6. Math Input

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Math Input: After hitting the insert-button in Math Input Windows10 nothing appears on the clipboard. Any suggestion or solution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/math-input/26aace03-b7c8-4ebd-9568-604a457e7c12
  7. MS Office 365 eXCEL

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Office 365 eXCEL: Two problems: One- In Excel, keep getting "we're sorry but excel has run into an error that is preventing it from working........" This error is extremely irritating as I have to reenter data everytime MS decides to "prevent it from working" and when you deal with the...
  8. Math...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Math...: How can I not get bored in Math class? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/math/9984e82b-efff-4437-b460-5ff1d511ea14
  9. OneNote Math

OneNote Math: I have downloaded the OneNote App but cannot find Math in the draw Button. Please help to resolve this problem. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onenote-math/2385fd58-3146-4b55-a872-1417bccd913c
  10. MS Jigsaw Additional Puzzle Packs

MS Jigsaw Additional Puzzle Packs: On 2/11/2019 I was able to clear the problem with Windows Update and not being able to sign in to my MS Account or to load MS Jigsaw faster as well as to sign on and view and get additional Puzzle Packs. After the stuck Update routine was cleared--there was only on PID...