Windows 10: MS Family Child account cannot connect to internet on new PC

Discus and support MS Family Child account cannot connect to internet on new PC in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Just set up a new family PC. 2 kids laptops work fine under family safety account, but when trying to set them up on the new PC, I get a 'you'll need... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DS000001, Oct 22, 2020.

1. DS000001 Win User

MS Family Child account cannot connect to internet on new PC

Just set up a new family PC. 2 kids laptops work fine under family safety account, but when trying to set them up on the new PC, I get a 'you'll need the internet for this' despite being online as the primary account holder.

I made sure the child had access within the time I tested. What gives? Love this feature, but need this to work.

Windows 10 and all updates are completed.

:)

DS000001, Oct 22, 2020

2. Not Tracking Web Browsing Activity on Child Account

Hello,

I had already read that article and tried all those steps mentioned before posting on this forum. Nothing worked. I am still not able to see the web activity on my child's account.

I have already verified that the Family Safety Service is connected to my PC and that my child has the PC listed as a device on their account. My child's account is listed as "child" on my PC account settings. When I sign into the child's account, I have
    verified that Family Safe Monitoring is running because the icon is in the task bar.

This response was not helpful, because as I stated in my original post, I had already read several articles on troubleshooting this issue and nothing worked.

Can you offer me other suggestions that are not mentioned in that Wiki Article?

CoriannFlores, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Cannot add pc to child account

I have 2 child accounts in my MS account family. It was working fine the past several days after setting it up. Today, 1 of the child accounts showed a warning saying, "Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device in order
    for family features to work properly." The child account was logged in to the PC, so I logged it out, logged it back in, and then restarted the PC and tried again to no avail. Warnging message was still there on the MS account management web page.

Following another MS forum article on the subject, I removed the device from the child account (from a different device) and attempted to log back in (on the PC that MS was stating it was having problems with). I can log in with the child account (as an
    MS account, not local), but now the device is gone from the child account device list, and cannot be added back on. I've attempted to remove the child account from the family group (and remove account from the problem device) and re-invite; the process was
    successful but the PC will still not show up in the child account device list (and hence it appears family management is not being applied). The device is present on the other child account and parent account and otherwise looks to be operating normally.

All 3 devices that I want both child accounts to be present on are Windows 10 PCs. Both child accounts can logon to the PC, it just doesn't show up as a device under the one child account and it does not appear to be applying management policies.

Thank you.

DamonDoelger, Oct 22, 2020
  4. MS Family Child account cannot connect to internet on new PC

Add a new child account - what's the best way?

For the benefit of others this went seamlessly. I decided to login to my account via a browser and add a child to the family. It led me to setting up their new email. When I turned on my PC and went into accounts the new child was already listed, I just had to allow them to login and after that they were officially added as a new user to the PC

Scottyboy99, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

MS Family Child account cannot connect to internet on new PC

1. MS Family Child account cannot connect to internet on new PC - Similar Threads - Family Child account

2. Cannot remove child from family account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot remove child from family account.: I have a child under my account that no longer lives with us foster care situation and have no means to contact them or wherever they was moved to. Microsoft support chat was no help after an hour of going back and forth. When I click the three dots and attempt to remove them...
  3. Cannot remove child from family account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove child from family account.: I have a child under my account that no longer lives with us foster care situation and have no means to contact them or wherever they was moved to. Microsoft support chat was no help after an hour of going back and forth. When I click the three dots and attempt to remove them...
  4. Cannot remove child from family account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant add MS account of child to the "family"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant add MS account of child to the "family": I create MS account for my child, I send the invitation from my MS account, I try to ask for permition from Childs account when I login as a child"... I already try to do this with MS support... Still I cant "add child to family". Every try end with the same answer from MS:...
  6. Cant add MS account of child to the "family"

Cant add MS account of child to the "family": I create MS account for my child, I send the invitation from my MS account, I try to ask for permition from Childs account when I login as a child"... I already try to do this with MS support... Still I cant "add child to family". Every try end with the same answer from MS:...
  7. Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account

Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account: The Windows device shows on both my Microsoft devices, as well as my sons. But it wont connect to his Family Safety account. His account is not a admin. When I am logged into my account, I made sure 'allow' was selected for the child sign on. I tried rebooting and...
  8. Cannot remove child from family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove child from family account: Cannot remove child from family account. Get message saying the original parent needs to remove the child. Both me and my wife cannot remove our child from the account. We want to change him to a new microsoft account...
  9. Cannot remove child from family account

Cannot remove child from family account: Cannot remove child from family account. Get message saying the original parent needs to remove the child. Both me and my wife cannot remove our child from the account. We want to change him to a new microsoft account...
  10. Can't Add A Child Account to MS Family

Can't Add A Child Account to MS Family: Hi - I'm having some frustrating challenges setting up a child account on my Windows 10 PC. I successfully created a child account, and am able to log into the PC using that account. What I'm having trouble with is adding the child account to my 'family' so that I can...