Windows 10: MS Family Child account cannot connect to internet on new PC

Discus and support MS Family Child account cannot connect to internet on new PC in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Just set up a new family PC. 2 kids laptops work fine under family safety account, but when trying to set them up on the new PC, I get a 'you'll need... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DS000001, Oct 22, 2020.

1. DS000001 Win User

MS Family Child account cannot connect to internet on new PC

Just set up a new family PC. 2 kids laptops work fine under family safety account, but when trying to set them up on the new PC, I get a 'you'll need the internet for this' despite being online as the primary account holder.

I made sure the child had access within the time I tested. What gives? Love this feature, but need this to work.

Windows 10 and all updates are completed.

:)

DS000001, Oct 22, 2020

2. Not Tracking Web Browsing Activity on Child Account

Hello,

I had already read that article and tried all those steps mentioned before posting on this forum. Nothing worked. I am still not able to see the web activity on my child's account.

I have already verified that the Family Safety Service is connected to my PC and that my child has the PC listed as a device on their account. My child's account is listed as "child" on my PC account settings. When I sign into the child's account, I have
    verified that Family Safe Monitoring is running because the icon is in the task bar.

This response was not helpful, because as I stated in my original post, I had already read several articles on troubleshooting this issue and nothing worked.

Can you offer me other suggestions that are not mentioned in that Wiki Article?

CoriannFlores, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Cannot add pc to child account

I have 2 child accounts in my MS account family. It was working fine the past several days after setting it up. Today, 1 of the child accounts showed a warning saying, "Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device in order
    for family features to work properly." The child account was logged in to the PC, so I logged it out, logged it back in, and then restarted the PC and tried again to no avail. Warnging message was still there on the MS account management web page.

Following another MS forum article on the subject, I removed the device from the child account (from a different device) and attempted to log back in (on the PC that MS was stating it was having problems with). I can log in with the child account (as an
    MS account, not local), but now the device is gone from the child account device list, and cannot be added back on. I've attempted to remove the child account from the family group (and remove account from the problem device) and re-invite; the process was
    successful but the PC will still not show up in the child account device list (and hence it appears family management is not being applied). The device is present on the other child account and parent account and otherwise looks to be operating normally.

All 3 devices that I want both child accounts to be present on are Windows 10 PCs. Both child accounts can logon to the PC, it just doesn't show up as a device under the one child account and it does not appear to be applying management policies.

Thank you.

DamonDoelger, Oct 22, 2020
  4. MS Family Child account cannot connect to internet on new PC

Add a new child account - what's the best way?

For the benefit of others this went seamlessly. I decided to login to my account via a browser and add a child to the family. It led me to setting up their new email. When I turned on my PC and went into accounts the new child was already listed, I just had to allow them to login and after that they were officially added as a new user to the PC

Scottyboy99, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

MS Family Child account cannot connect to internet on new PC

1. MS Family Child account cannot connect to internet on new PC - Similar Threads - Family Child account

2. Connecting child gmail account managed by family link to outlook

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connecting child gmail account managed by family link to outlook: I have a new laptop. My email is a child gmail account and is managed by family link. I want to link my gmail account to outlook but am told that accounts managed by family link are not allowed to sign in. The warning seems to be a google message. Is this an issue with...
  3. Microsoft Family Child Account Password

Microsoft Family Child Account Password: My daughter has a child account, she has forgotten her password. There is nowhere to reset the password on the family account management screen. The password reset does not work as 'not enough information' - she's 8 what info would you expect. What is the point of the...
  4. Cannot add pc to child account

Cannot add pc to child account: I have 2 child accounts in my MS account family. It was working fine the past several days after setting it up. Today, 1 of the child accounts showed a warning saying that the device could not apply family management settings until the child account logged back into the PC....
  5. Issue with child family account

Issue with child family account: I am getting this error "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device PC for family features to work. " I followed the "How to fix" steps. And the issue is unresolved. I have checked - Account set to allowed under Family & Other users - The account can...
  6. Can't Add A Child Account to MS Family

Can't Add A Child Account to MS Family: Hi - I'm having some frustrating challenges setting up a child account on my Windows 10 PC. I successfully created a child account, and am able to log into the PC using that account. What I'm having trouble with is adding the child account to my 'family' so that I can...
  7. Cannot add child account to Microsoft Family with edu domain

Cannot add child account to Microsoft Family with edu domain: Hi there, I've been happily using MS Family for both of my children for years now. It's the best parental control system I've found, so well done MS on that front. My eldest child has now entered high school and has been given a school laptop. They have full admin rights...
  8. cannot remove a child user from a family account on laptop

cannot remove a child user from a family account on laptop: hi guys, somehow I was able to geniusly enter 1/1/2019 in for the date of birth when first booting this machine when I bought it this morning. so what that's resulted in is Microsoft virtually locking me out of everything cuz it believes I'm a child and I have a child...
  9. Adding an existing family account child to a new laptop

Adding an existing family account child to a new laptop: I have a new laptop and I want to give my child who is already in my Microsoft Family access. How do it? I don't want to send him an invitation because he already exists....
  10. See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member How to See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family features and...