Windows 10: MS family says PC needs an update

Discus and support MS family says PC needs an update in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Trying to get app time limits working on my kids computer. Log into family which shows the PC needs updating so run windows update which reports that... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RoughPlace221, Sep 25, 2019.

1. MS family says PC needs an update

Trying to get app time limits working on my kids computer. Log into family which shows the PC needs updating so run windows update which reports that the PC is up to date. Nothing changes, device still shows as needing update

What am I supposed to do? I've checked his account is account is verified and get a weekly report with app time per hours but the time limits just don't work.

All sensible advise listened to, thanks in advance.

:)

RoughPlace221, Sep 25, 2019

2. Windows 10 Family Safety Creates Mystery PCs

Hello,

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check for the latest updates in Windows 10 which helps the PC to make optimal use of Windows 10 capabilities as well as fixing any missing links in performance of the operating system.

To check for updates now, go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select
    Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

Now, please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Consider the below important points and check if it helps.
    • Sync the settings on both the Family Safety website & on the local computer (via the "Manage settings in Family Safety website" link in the Family Safety on Control Panel).
    • Turn off then turn on the settings for Activity Reporting. This process will refresh the configuration. You need to sign in to

family on the Microsoft account website
      . Next, select the child whose report you want to see, which will show you their Recent activity page.
    • Verify that you have disabled/uninstalled any other third party real-time antimalware products that were installed on your PC, to check if any how incoming/outgoing connections to the PC are affected by the firewall.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have
      to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done.

Method 2

If it still does not help, I suggest you to remove the child account from your Microsoft Family Safety settings and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps.

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.

• To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

Write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 25, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Is MS reconciling with the PC Gaming Community?

What !?? Games For Windows didn't prove to you that MS was serious about PC gaming? /sarc

Actions speak louder than words. So step up to the plate, Microsoft, or STFU.

Kreij, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

MS family says PC needs an update

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

MS family says PC needs an update

1. MS family says PC needs an update - Similar Threads - family says needs

2. MS family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS family: How can I absolutely end MS family?! And erase all the information saved.!!! I am the organisator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-family/f6f73a41-d90c-4b9e-8217-7800e658d531
  3. MS family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS family: How can I absolutely end MS family?! And erase all the information saved.!!! I am the organisator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-family/f6f73a41-d90c-4b9e-8217-7800e658d531
  4. MS PC Health says no, but why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS PC Health says no, but why?: When I use the PC Health check on my Surface Pro 4, it tells me that my processor is not enough to install window 11. Yet it is listed as a processor that will work with Windows 11. I have always kept my upgrades up to date. Any suggestions?...
  5. MS PC Health says no, but why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS PC Health says no, but why?: When I use the PC Health check on my Surface Pro 4, it tells me that my processor is not enough to install window 11. Yet it is listed as a processor that will work with Windows 11. I have always kept my upgrades up to date. Any suggestions?...
  6. MS PC Health says no, but why?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Need To Update Family Member Info

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need To Update Family Member Info: I need to remove my daughter's old email from my Microsoft Account because the email was deleted due to it being hacked. This email address has $25 associated with it on the account but I would like to transfer this money to her new email account before I remove her old one....
  8. Help with MS family

Help with MS family: Hello. My son was the first to install with MS family on his computer. He then sent me an email which I accepted. When I try to use any of the MS applications on my laptop I get the message that I must start a trial or buy it. If i log into MS 365 on line, I have access to...
  9. upgrading to MS Office Family

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading to MS Office Family: Hi, I have the personal MS Office package and I want to upgrade the the Family pack. Their system wants to take the full payment for the new package. I thought they would take the difference between the 2 packages? What I wanted to know is will MS give me a refund for the...
  10. MS Family

MS Family: [ATTACH] I am having difficulties with my MS Family account. I have three children in the family group and each has the same error message "update your child’s Windows 10 device to get the family features to work". All the Win 10 devices we own are fully updated and I have...