Windows 10: MS Family started blocking Chrome

Discus and support MS Family started blocking Chrome in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I see no setting to block Chrome. Why is Chrome blocked? Everything was fine on this machine until a week ago and it started blocking for no reason... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DanDoyle1, Nov 27, 2018.

1. DanDoyle1 Win User

MS Family started blocking Chrome

I see no setting to block Chrome. Why is Chrome blocked? Everything was fine on this machine until a week ago and it started blocking for no reason when this machine had no issue opening it.

Additionally, there is an email button for permissions. No email was ever received and we repeated this twice. The only place an ask for chrome existed was in the web portal.

Now my family is asking to remove MS family. Why am I have this conversation with my family? This should work and there should not be any changes that have not been approved by a parent - including MS making changes as it creates headaches.

:)

DanDoyle1, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Family Features blocking google chrome

Hi Taylor,

It is possible that there is an issue with the Family settings. This can be the reason why you're unable to use Google Chrome. We recommend that you check you family settings by accessing account.microsoft.com/family
    to see Google Chrome is added to restricted applications.

If you're already an adult in your family settings, we suggest removing your account from your family settings and see if you will be able to access Google Chrome. We also suggest creating a new Microsoft account, and then add that account to your family
    as an adult. These steps will allow us to verify if there is an issue with your family settings or if there is an issue with your original Microsoft account.

We'll be waiting for the outcome.

Argel Obm, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Block chrome and extensions on family safety

Hi Palango,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

You can try to block those extensions and chrome.

Manage family settings:

Refer the steps below.

• Go to
      account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with your Microsoft account.

• Select the child whose settings you want to manage from the list of children in your Family. If your kids also use Family Safety on older versions of Windows, or My Family on older Windows phones, you’ll see them listed per device.

• Choose what to turn on or change for your child's account:

• Recent activity allows you to see what websites they've been visiting, what apps and games they've been using, and how much time they've been spending on their devices.

• Web browsing lets you choose what websites your child can and can't see.

• Apps & games allows you to limit the apps and games your child can download from the Windows Store. It also lets you unblock any app or game you’ve blocked previously.

• Screen time allows you to set the maximum amount of time they can spend on their devices.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us we will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 27, 2018
  4. SKH123 Win User

Family Safety Not Blocking Websites on Google Chrome

Family safety has suddenly stopped blocking any website on the blocked list when using Google Chrome. It still blocks them on Microsoft Edge but Edge additionally blocks Google websites such as Gmail and Google Docs even though they are on the allowed list.

I have tried removing and adding back the account but it did not help. Any advice on fixing this issue will be much appreciated.

SKH123, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

1. MS Family started blocking Chrome - Similar Threads - Family started blocking

2. MS Family Is Blocking Firefox

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS Family Is Blocking Firefox: My parents use MS Family Safety for my account, and I have to use the Firefox browser for school. The only problem is that I can't open Firefox because of MS Family. My parents have removed all restrictions but Firefox is still not opening. I really need this fixed because I...
  3. How to block Google Chrome Browser in MS Family

How to block Google Chrome Browser in MS Family: I've searched, I've read, I've even googled it, but I can NOT figure out for the life of me how to ADD google chrome to the blocked app list in MS Family. In fact I see no option on how to ADD any program there. I've seen other people ask this question, and it never EVER gets...
  4. How to block Google Chrome Browser in MS Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to block Google Chrome Browser in MS Family: I've searched, I've read, I've even googled it, but I can NOT figure out for the life of me how to ADD google chrome to the blocked app list in MS Family. In fact I see no option on how to ADD any program there. I've seen other people ask this question, and it never EVER gets...
  5. How to block Google Chrome Browser in MS Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft family not blocking chrome even when chrome is blocked

Microsoft family not blocking chrome even when chrome is blocked: I have tried to lock down my son's windows environment with Microsoft Family. I have blocked Chrome along with almost all the other apps. The only allowed browser is edge with only whitelisted sites allowed. This worked. However, recently I have caught him playing games...
  7. Microsoft Family is blocking Chrome

Microsoft Family is blocking Chrome: I had originally set the filters to block Chrome. But then I went in and changed it to allow Chrome. But it still will not allow it. Everytime my child tries to open Chrome it prompts her to ask for permission. I grant permission and then we start the whole process all over...
  8. Family features blocking Chrome

Family features blocking Chrome: every time I try to run Chrome, W10 throws an error saying I need permission from a parent. I am not currently part of a family group so this makes no sense. How do I fix this? I have also already setup a separate local account but that is not a valid solution. I need my...
  9. Chrome Blocked by Microsoft Family

Chrome Blocked by Microsoft Family: See image below. My daughter is an adult, but we created her account many years ago. She is no longer part of our "Microsoft Family" but cannot access chrome. We tried adding her back in to the family and granting permission. Nothing works. HELP! [ATTACH]...
  10. Family features blocking chrome

Family features blocking chrome: Before you say anything I've already searched up everything and I'm not in a family but I still cant access chrome and also I'm an administrator for my computer but still cant access chrome even after uninstalling and reinstalling and restarting and joining and leaving a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft family blocking chrome

2. family safety blocking chrome

3. windows family randomly started blocking chrome

4. microsoft family blocking google chrome,
  5. why is family app blocking google chrome