Windows 10: MS Family Timeout -- Edge Continues to play video/audio

Discus and support MS Family Timeout -- Edge Continues to play video/audio in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My kids are both using Microsoft Edge as their browser under Family Controls. When their allocated time is up, the browser continues to play video... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Diana Lubliner, Jan 20, 2021.

1. MS Family Timeout -- Edge Continues to play video/audio

My kids are both using Microsoft Edge as their browser under Family Controls.

When their allocated time is up, the browser continues to play video and audio. So if they are on YouTube, the browser still allows YouTube to "spin" through its playlist, allowing the audio through even though the screen shows the "Time is up" message. If they are using Google Hangouts, they can still have an entire conversation.

Is there a way to disable this?

:)

Diana Lubliner, Jan 20, 2021

2. MS Edge freezes PC when playing a video

I recently purchased a PC with W10. I have both MS Edge and IE 11. If I play a video in MS Edge, it freezes my PC and I have to use the power button to reboot. However I can play the same video in IE 11 with no problems....

Any suggestions?

Mike_Garland, Jan 20, 2021
  3. cbmams Win User
    MS edge playing audio files

Thank you...replaced html tag bgsound with audio and now MS edge plays my audio files.

cbmams, Jan 20, 2021
  4. cbmams Win User

MS Family Timeout -- Edge Continues to play video/audio

MS edge playing audio files

Why does MS edge not play audio files on my personal website at 娱乐是一种态度 and other pages with audio files, yet does play on Utube, etc?

cbmams, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

MS Family Timeout -- Edge Continues to play video/audio

1. MS Family Timeout -- Edge Continues to play video/audio - Similar Threads - Family Timeout Edge

2. Edge Continues to play video/audio

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Edge Continues to play video/audio: My kids are both using Microsoft Edge as their browser under Family Controls. When their allocated time is up, the browser continues to play video and audio. So if they are on YouTube, the browser still allows YouTube to "spin" through its playlist, allowing the audio...
  3. Video and audio not playing/working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video and audio not playing/working: So...I bought this laptop like 2 weeks ago, and I've just run into an issue. When I try to watch videos on YouTube, it loads for forever. Sometimes the video goes black but continues to load. And if it actually does load in, it has no audio. Even ads. A similar thing...
  4. Game video freezes but audio continues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game video freezes but audio continues.: My games freeze, but audio still works. This happens in every game I play, although in something older like Half Life or Doom it just straight up crashes. My drivers are up to date, I ran the sfc /scannow command and I checked for memory issues, but nothing was detected....
  5. MS Edge pictures and videos

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge pictures and videos: -After running a cleanup tool for temp. files and other junk my Edge browser displayed pictures became blurry and its videos don't show up. -While the other browser-G.C.- has one problem; one of the links opens a blank page only. A possible solution is to reinstall a fresh...
  6. Edge not stopping videos automatically playing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge not stopping videos automatically playing: I have the latest Edge and am presently excited about it not stopping videos from automatically playing. Yes, I have set it to Block and once in a while that will stop videos from playing but 99% of the time, it does not. Obviously from what I'm gathering, there is no way...
  7. No audio when playing video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio when playing video: I have no audio when playing video. This started with the most recent build to Windows 10, v.1809. All of the sound drivers have been updated (by Microsoft, when they took control of my computer). I can get the sound to work by running the audio playback troubleshooter...
  8. Audio play back with video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio play back with video: I have recorded a series of videos using window 10 camera and a Samson mic. When I play it back I can see the video and in the sound settings I can see the audio signal I just can't hear it. When I play a You Tube video I can see the volume signal in Sound settings I just...
  9. MS IE and MS Edge won't play nicely

in Browsers and Email
    MS IE and MS Edge won't play nicely: I am trying to resolve an issue with my nephew's laptop. After a Remote repair tech in a third world country hosed this machine, I was able to repair the Win 10 Home installation. The owner wants/ needs to be able to use Edge, and IE 11 at the same time. Evidently the company...
  10. MS IE and MS Edge won't play nicely

in Windows 10 Support
    MS IE and MS Edge won't play nicely: I am trying to resolve an issue with my nephew's laptop. After a Remote repair tech in a third world country hosed this machine, I was able to repair the Win 10 Home installation. The owner wants/ needs to be able to use Edge, and IE 11 at the same time. Evidently the company...