Windows 10: MS Forcing an update and reboot

Discus and support MS Forcing an update and reboot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had Updates turned off on my system and tonight an update seemed to be forced and my system rebooted. after restarting all the data on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndrewHooper1, Oct 9, 2019.

1. MS Forcing an update and reboot

I had Updates turned off on my system and tonight an update seemed to be forced and my system rebooted.
    after restarting all the data on my storage/work drive is gone!

I have been working on a project for 3 week's and was being sent to Antarctica for research. Even the backup sorted on another drive is not accessible.

This is the second time my system has rebooted and has ignored the settings for not updating or rebooting without my permission.

I am at a total loss as to what to do at this stage, there is no time to rebuild the project, and to be honest I wish i had never moved from Windows 7

:)

AndrewHooper1, Oct 9, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond MS Forcing an update and reboot :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 9, 2019
  3. how to make sure windows 10 professional does not reboot after updates

Aren't there menu settings somewhere that give options?

If so please list the steps.

Allow downloads but no installations? Then manual installation?

Allow downloads and installations? But no forced or automatic reboot?

questions_, Oct 9, 2019
  4. tordogs Win User

MS Forcing an update and reboot

Windows 10 and GFE forcing 353.62 install

The forced updates have been the sticking point about W10 since it came on the scene. When using the preview version we understood that the updates were going to come and there was nothing to be done about it--MS said it would turn that off at release time then backtracked on it. The Insiders bitched and complained and protested but MS seems to have its mind made up on the forced updates.

None of the tools, workarounds do much of anything and are a pain to use. The only solution is to turn off Windows Update Services but that is another can of worms. Will say that the OS sort of "learns" your machine and after a while doesn't force so many updates. If you want to use an older driver, a custom driver then W10 gets very unhappy. Have an idea MS is going to need to address this at some point before very long or a mulitude of folks are going to stay where they are or go back to whence they came re: W10.

W10 does have the Feedback app and suggest everyone go there and keep bitching and complaining about the forced updates--hopefully MS will get a clue.

tordogs, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

MS Forcing an update and reboot

1. MS Forcing an update and reboot - Similar Threads - Forcing update reboot

2. MS Update reboot even in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Update reboot even in sleep mode: on my working station I have open abt. 10 windows with autocad, 3 with navisworks and some with nesting software. when updates are being pushed, w11 reboots, when not used. this means, it kills all my open apps, installs useless updates and i have to start over. I tried to...
  3. MS Update reboot even in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Update reboot even in sleep mode: on my working station I have open abt. 10 windows with autocad, 3 with navisworks and some with nesting software. when updates are being pushed, w11 reboots, when not used. this means, it kills all my open apps, installs useless updates and i have to start over. I tried to...
  4. When will MS bullies stop forcing updates or forcing 3rd party connections and unrequested...

When will MS bullies stop forcing updates or forcing 3rd party connections and unrequested...: When will MS mafia stop bullying me with forced updates, 3rd party back-ups? If I wanted my files saved to the cloud or outside my device, I will tell you, you monopolising scoundrels!! Wonder if Apple is this domineering? Maybe I should find out and abandon MS mafia....
  5. Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???: I am going linux and this is why.I have auto updates turned off, still does it. Had support take over computer, said no more forced updates, lies lies lies. Just did it again and I lost SO much work. Word didnt recover any of my files. I'm done with microcrap products. God...
  6. Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???

Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???: I am going linux and this is why.I have auto updates turned off, still does it. Had support take over computer, said no more forced updates, lies lies lies. Just did it again and I lost SO much work. Word didnt recover any of my files. I'm done with microcrap products. God...
  7. Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Did a force reboot by accident

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did a force reboot by accident: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hackerman76 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/isu6zh/did_a_force_reboot_by_accident/
  9. Forced Windows 10 Update Reboot Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced Windows 10 Update Reboot Loop: So with the forced April update recently. I can not even get to the BIOs. I have tried interrupting it by hard shutdowns but that also changes nothing. It will never go into recovery. I can't even use a USB to reinstall the OS. Is my hard drive bricked by windows? Please...
  10. MS forced updates with autoupdates disabled or what?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS forced updates with autoupdates disabled or what?: I have autoupdates is disabled in Services. I only update every month or so. I’m using a an audio recording program, Sonar Platinum. In our forum 4 weeks ago, it appears that MS did some forced updates to everyone’s computer even if autoupdates were disabled. 4 weeks...