Windows 10: MS forcing edge on customers again

Discus and support MS forcing edge on customers again in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft is up to its old tricks and is trying to force customers to use edge by hiding it in updates. MS even has the nerve to place a short cut on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lee_52, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Lee_52 Win User

MS forcing edge on customers again

Microsoft is up to its old tricks and is trying to force customers to use edge by hiding it in updates. MS even has the nerve to place a short cut on your monitor screen. You own your computer and your monitor screen. MS doesn't own any of your private property. One day, U.S. Congress will properly deal with MS. This unwanted browser might have been in KB5000842. No problem if you've got Revo Uninstaller which will erase edge in about 10 seconds. Get Revo Uninstaller for free here: https://bit.ly/3ubaWgC Revo Uninstaller is far superior to MS uninstall.

:)

Lee_52, Mar 31, 2021
  2. Callender Win User

Is MS forcing me to use Edge?

The thing is that addons can interfere with these websites. So the first step is to relaunch Firefox with addons disabled ans if the website works......

MS forcing edge on customers again [​IMG]

Figure out which addons interfere and decide if you want to change their settings.

Callender, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Flash player in Windows Phone - MS Edge

Mister Azaruddin,

Did You prove to do your suggestion to enable flash player on MS Edge on Windows phone 10 ?

It seems not.

Regards,

Paulo Ernane

PauloErnane, Mar 31, 2021
  4. MS forcing edge on customers again

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

MS forcing edge on customers again

1. MS forcing edge on customers again - Similar Threads - forcing edge customers

2. Forced to use Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced to use Edge: I use IE Explorer for a few specific things. I understand it will no longer be supported and updated, I am perfectly fine with that.What I am NOT fine with however, is the idea that you software developers seem to have that, if we the CUSTOMER buys your software and install...
  3. Forced to use Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forced to use Edge: I use IE Explorer for a few specific things. I understand it will no longer be supported and updated, I am perfectly fine with that.What I am NOT fine with however, is the idea that you software developers seem to have that, if we the CUSTOMER buys your software and install...
  4. ms sneaking edge, again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms sneaking edge, again: Don't know if if some malware or MS is sneaking edge onto my computers again. Anyone know where to go to find out what's in an MS "update" before wasting time downloading and installing edge in case it is MS? Revo Uninstaller wipes it out better than any uninstaller but would...
  5. ms sneaking edge, again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms sneaking edge, again: Don't know if if some malware or MS is sneaking edge onto my computers again. Anyone know where to go to find out what's in an MS "update" before wasting time downloading and installing edge in case it is MS? Revo Uninstaller wipes it out better than any uninstaller but would...
  6. ms sneaking edge, again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Microsoft forcing edge browser on customers

Microsoft forcing edge browser on customers: Microsoft continues to try and force it's inferior edge browser on customers through Windows updates. I use Revo uninstaller to remove this 575Mb of bloat off my hard drive everytime Windows installs it through an update. Revo uninstaller is far better than Window's unistall....
  8. Is MS forcing me to use Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Is MS forcing me to use Edge?: Well that may sound like a bit of paranoia.... I've been using Firefox for many years with very few problems. A few months back some regular websites I use didn't work properly but using Chrome on them got me going. So I thought rather than Chrome I'll try Brave for the few...
  9. Forcedly installed edge

Forcedly installed edge: Today I wanted to shut down my laptop, but I couldn't without updating windows, so I did. I updated windows. And when I turned it on I had an Edge shortcut on my desktop, and another one in the taskbar with no way to undo or uninstall this bullsht. Thisas many many many...
  10. Forced MS Sign in Custom Install

Forced MS Sign in Custom Install: I am installing Windows 10 Home on a friends laptop. I am installing from a USB stick using the media creation tool for 1909 18363.657 doing a custom install. When the setup gets to the page for signing in with MS I find I no longer have an option to skip entering an email...