Windows 10: MS Hearts crashes about 4 or 5 seconds after loading

Discus and support MS Hearts crashes about 4 or 5 seconds after loading in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I realize this is not critical in the general scheme of things but it bothers me. Installed Build 10565 yesterday and everything works great except... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dporter5, Oct 14, 2015.

1. dporter5 Win User

MS Hearts crashes about 4 or 5 seconds after loading

I realize this is not critical in the general scheme of things but it bothers me. Installed Build 10565 yesterday and everything works great except Hearts. Event viewer indicated it might be a Java problem so I downloaded the latest Java but that hasn't helped. Any ideas? Thanks.

:)

dporter5, Oct 14, 2015

2. Windows 10 Photo App crashes after about 5 seconds

No, the problem is not fixed. I am experiencing the same issues as previously reported. The Windows App will open briefly (about 3 - 5 seconds) then close (crash). I've previously sent the error reports. By the way, I have installed all the most recent
    updates. Computer has been re-booted each time.

Thank you,

Here's a recent report as of 8/14/2015:

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\backgroundTaskHost.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash

Package Full Name: Microsoft.Windows.Photos_15.803.16240.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Application Name: praid:App

Application Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Application Timestamp: 559f3b40

Fault Module Name: combase.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Fault Module Timestamp: 559f3cf1

Exception Code: 80004005

Exception Offset: 001612bc

OS Version: 10.0.10240.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: bba0

Additional Information 2: bba0ee6af119d724cf2e93fce809a391

Additional Information 3: 57e6

Additional Information 4: 57e65020a7d106a3a0f6a4edd7c7764c

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 371480992d16cdb7aff9e302f44f5315 (133175207531)

RobertAZ_945, Oct 14, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Photo App crashes after about 5 seconds

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Do you have any antivirus program installed?

Firstly, I suggest you to install all the pending Windows Updates and Store Updates.

Also, download and install the latest chipset and display drivers from the manufacturer website and install the same and check if issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 14, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Which Hearts do you mean? The app called "Classic Hearts"? Or Hearts Deluxe?

Or the real Hearts, the one coming with Windows XP? (I am using that one - brings up memories!)

Joergi, Oct 14, 2015
  5. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Oct 14, 2015
  6. dporter5 Win User
    Thanks. Downloaded and works fine!

dporter5, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MS Hearts crashes about 4 or 5 seconds after loading - Similar Threads - Hearts crashes seconds

2. Microsoft store crashing 5 seconds after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store crashing 5 seconds after opening: Im not sure what details to give other then when i open microsoft store it just closes after 5 seconds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-crashing-5-seconds-after-opening/212b457e-0084-4536-a306-cba7e6f22b4b
  3. Microsoft store crashing 5 seconds after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store crashing 5 seconds after opening: Im not sure what details to give other then when i open microsoft store it just closes after 5 seconds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-crashing-5-seconds-after-opening/212b457e-0084-4536-a306-cba7e6f22b4b
  4. Hearts of iron 4 won't install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Hearts of iron 4 won't install: So I bought hearts of iron 4 and tried downloading it and it said it wasn't "Compatible" then I did something I don't remember and it installed and worked for the next 4 months then I accidentally uninstalled it and it wont let me get it again on my PC please help me. -...
  5. Applications closing randomly about 5 seconds after opening

Applications closing randomly about 5 seconds after opening: So I have been having this problem for about a week now. I noticed it from Steam. Steam itself launches fine, but none of the games from within. I will get the splash screen for a few seconds and then it closes. So I started some trouble shooting and noticed that other...
  6. Remote Desktop freezes and drops 4 - 5 seconds after connecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop freezes and drops 4 - 5 seconds after connecting: Hello, PC (Windows 10) connects through remote desktop to server on LAN (Windows Server 2019, direct cable connection). The screen freezes after few seconds, then remote desktop drops. I tried disabling WDDM environment, disabling UDP doesn't help. Yestrday it worked, but...
  7. Forza Horizon 4 crashing after loading screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 crashing after loading screen.: I was playing it smoothly till 2 weeks back. I took a break for 2 weeks. And now it's not working. If i have changed anything is that I have updated my GPU drivers, which practically speaking, should be better for the game. Its disgraceful that Microsoft cant even make a...
  8. Laptop lags/ freezes for a sec after every 4/5 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop lags/ freezes for a sec after every 4/5 seconds: Had to replace the HDD on my laptop and following a fresh install of windows, with no third party software or drivers installed, laptop lags/freezes for a sec after every 4/5 seconds; The same does not appear when in safe mode; Driving me nuts, any help will be appreciated....
  9. The "Your Phone" App on Windows 10 crashes after about 4 seconds

The "Your Phone" App on Windows 10 crashes after about 4 seconds: Hi I have 2 PCs both running Windows 10 at different sites. This one is build 1809 and I think the other is the same. I use the "Your Phone" app on both machines connecting to a single Samsung S8+ and everything has works just fine for about a month. I use it for sending...
  10. BSOD after about 15min for about 4-5 restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after about 15min for about 4-5 restarts: Hey everyone, So for the past week i've been getting either the whea_uncorrectable_error or IRQL_not_less_or_equal BSOD... I browsed the forums and did most of the suggestions (mainly updates all my drivers and ran the stress tests, minus the ram). Updating my drivers...