Windows 10: MS IE and MS Edge won't play nicely

Discus and support MS IE and MS Edge won't play nicely in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am trying to resolve an issue with my nephew's laptop. After a Remote repair tech in a third world country hosed this machine, I was able to repair... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DavidleeB3309, Nov 27, 2018.

1. MS IE and MS Edge won't play nicely

I am trying to resolve an issue with my nephew's laptop. After a Remote repair tech in a third world country hosed this machine, I was able to repair the Win 10 Home installation. The owner wants/ needs to be able to use Edge, and IE 11 at the same time. Evidently the company he is franchised to is still in the dark ages. Some of their web sites only function in IE11, and some in MS Edge. I have been fighting frozen pages from "long script errors", or with IE as default, it opens other pages in Edge.
    This computer has gotten me so confused, I can't even think straight. I did manage to install GPEdit.msc, but have no idea what to do with it. The owner thinks delete and reinstall Edge will cure the issues. He is computer illiterate.
    There are other little things, like desktop shortcuts have to be a right click, then "open".
    I feel like I am rambling, as I need to recover from another day of fighting this machine.

:)

DavidleeB3309, Nov 27, 2018

2. MS Edge freezes PC when playing a video

I recently purchased a PC with W10. I have both MS Edge and IE 11. If I play a video in MS Edge, it freezes my PC and I have to use the power button to reboot. However I can play the same video in IE 11 with no problems....

Any suggestions?

Mike_Garland, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Flash player in Windows Phone - MS Edge

Mister Azaruddin,

Did You prove to do your suggestion to enable flash player on MS Edge on Windows phone 10 ?

It seems not.

Regards,

Paulo Ernane

PauloErnane, Nov 27, 2018
  4. MS IE and MS Edge won't play nicely

MS edge

I have audio but no video in MS Edge. Any suggestions please?

ColmOTuathalain, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

MS IE and MS Edge won't play nicely

1. MS IE and MS Edge won't play nicely - Similar Threads - Edge won't play

2. MS Edge IE Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Edge IE Mode: Hi, as the support for IE is due to be finished, this will be removed from our machines but this brings in an issue with loading legacy pages within Edge in IE Modei have removed IE from a machine by turning the feature off since then Edge will not load any legacy sites in IE...
  3. MS Edge IE Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Edge IE Mode: Hi, as the support for IE is due to be finished, this will be removed from our machines but this brings in an issue with loading legacy pages within Edge in IE Modei have removed IE from a machine by turning the feature off since then Edge will not load any legacy sites in IE...
  4. MS Edge IE Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. MS Edge

MS Edge: Why does MS Edge keep asking me to enter passwords. This browser seems incapable of maintaining access to passwords and cookie settings. They disappear about once per day I'm now going back to using Chrome as I'm fed up with this feature of Edge!!!...
  6. MS EDGE

MS EDGE: is there anything i can do in short of deleting this disaster to make it work correctly.it the worst browser ive ever used. used the old edge it was ok.this is absolutely horrible..thxs...
  7. MS Edge

MS Edge: How can i revert back to the previous version of edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-edge/aed3a24c-53d3-46b0-b0ff-f0c8859025f4
  8. MS Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS Edge: I am having an issue. My computer must comply with CMS HIPAA requirements. My company utilizes a screen saver that performs background work when it is activated. Since MS Edge preloads actions even though it is not active my screen saver thinks that the computer is active and...
  9. MS Edge

MS Edge: Always when i open a new tap in MS-Edge by Strg+t this browser opens a new tap but i cant start writing at once. First i have to click into the damn adressfield. Why is the adressfield not preselected. What die MS-Developers think the users intention might be after opening a...
  10. MS IE and MS Edge won't play nicely

in Windows 10 Support
    MS IE and MS Edge won't play nicely: I am trying to resolve an issue with my nephew's laptop. After a Remote repair tech in a third world country hosed this machine, I was able to repair the Win 10 Home installation. The owner wants/ needs to be able to use Edge, and IE 11 at the same time. Evidently the company...