Windows 10: MS Jigsaw just lost its Full Screen toggle

Discus and support MS Jigsaw just lost its Full Screen toggle in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; After an automatic update of Microsoft Jigsaw from the Store on 8/10/2020, the Windowed View / Full Screen View toggle icon disappeared from that game.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JohnBerenberg, Aug 11, 2020.

1. MS Jigsaw just lost its Full Screen toggle

After an automatic update of Microsoft Jigsaw from the Store on 8/10/2020, the Windowed View / Full Screen View toggle icon disappeared from that game. The toggle icon was two arrows pointing away from each other to Full Screen or towards each other to Windowed. This toggle is entirely separate and in addition to the Maximize / Restore Down toggle accessed by a square icon in the Title Bar. The Full Screen View was my preferred mode, because it causes the Title Bar and the Taskbar to hover off-screen. The Jigsaw game is now permanently in Windowed View, and the presence of the Title Bar and Taskbar reduces the game area. I manually updated MS Jigsaw from the Store on 8/11/2020 but the toggle is still gone.

Other Microsoft Casual Games have not lost the toggle, even though some of them have also been recently automatically updated from the Store. In MS Mahjong, MS Minesweeper, MS Sudoku, and MS Ultimate Word Games, all of them still have the toggle for Windowed View / Full Screen View.

:)

JohnBerenberg, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Schlag 96 Win User

Microsoft Jigsaw Will Not Load

I was getting Error Code: 0x803F8001 both before and after "uninstalling" Microsoft Jigsaw. It worked perfectly for years, but stopped working within the last week. It would start to load, and eventually bomb out. I have tried the following suggestions:

• Uninstall Jigsaw. Now I cannot reinstall Jigsaw. Get Error Code: 0x803F8001

• All steps above from Jomari Arc . Step #4 took longer than expected, but it did eventually do what you
      said. These steps did not allow me to reinstall Microsoft Jigsaw.

• Microsoft Windows Store App. Troubleshooter - It ran and said it fixed a "possibly corrupted cache" . This did not allow me to reinstall Microsoft Jigsaw.

In a similar community, titled "Microsoft Jigsaw Error code Ox803F8001", I tried all of the steps from Loraine Mon, from this link: Microsoft Jigsaw Error code Ox803F8001

Again, this did not allow me to reinstall Microsoft Jigsaw. Messages are "downloading", then "acquiring license", and then it errors out with Error Code: 0x803F8001

Day after day, same problem. Xbox and Store and Solitaire all work fine. Microsoft Jigsaw is the problem. When it was installed, it bombed out trying to open. After "uninstalling", it will not reinstall.

Schlag 96, Aug 11, 2020
  3. skcarlq Win User
    Error Code 0x803F8001 for Microsoft Jigsaw

Running through the troubleshooting steps didn't have any affect until I:

1. uninstalled the MS Jigsaw app,
    2. logged in with a different user account,
    3. installed it under the secondary user account,
    4. then switched back to my primary account and
    5. reinstalled the MS Jigsaw app under my primary account again.

It remembered I had purchased the Premium Jigsaw app and still has my point balance, but I lost all the collections that I had previously purchased with points.

I did this on both machines and simply uninstalling and reinstalling it didn't work. I needed to install it on the 2nd account before it would reinstall on the 1st account.

skcarlq, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

MS Jigsaw just lost its Full Screen toggle

MS Jigsaw

Hi,

A corrupted file is one of the possible reasons as to why you can't download purchased puzzles in Microsoft Jigsaw. Let's try to troubleshoot this issue by running the Windows App Troubleshooter to scan and fix the corrupted files. You may refer to this
    link to run the troubleshooter.

If you still encounter the same issue, we suggest that you reset the Windows Store cache by performing the following steps:

• Press Windowskey + R to open Run.
    • Type WSReset.exe and hit Enter.
    • Launch the game from the Windows Store.

Let us know if that works for you.

Ariel Acu, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

MS Jigsaw just lost its Full Screen toggle

1. MS Jigsaw just lost its Full Screen toggle - Similar Threads - Jigsaw lost Full

2. Its just a blank screen its on though

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Its just a blank screen its on though: I clicked update and shut down then instead of saying “shutting down” on the blue screen it said “restarting” so I pressed cancel. The screen went blank black and hasn’t turned on since. I panicked and pressed the “off” button on the side. Whenever I turn it on again you can...
  3. Its just a blank screen its on though

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Its just a blank screen its on though: I clicked update and shut down then instead of saying “shutting down” on the blue screen it said “restarting” so I pressed cancel. The screen went blank black and hasn’t turned on since. I panicked and pressed the “off” button on the side. Whenever I turn it on again you can...
  4. Disable F11 key toggling full screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable F11 key toggling full screen.: I would like to disable the F11 key from toggling full screen. I have other programs that require use of that key and while it will perform the in-program function assigned it also toggles in and out of full screen.I've read elsewhere disabling ForceV2 in the registry editor...
  5. Disable F11 key toggling full screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable F11 key toggling full screen.: I would like to disable the F11 key from toggling full screen. I have other programs that require use of that key and while it will perform the in-program function assigned it also toggles in and out of full screen.I've read elsewhere disabling ForceV2 in the registry editor...
  6. Disable F11 key toggling full screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. MS Jigsaw full window not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Jigsaw full window not working: Selecting the Full Window on Title Bar creates a black screen with only the mouse visible, The mouse arrow is in flux. Version 1.9.1911.0 using Windows 10, 1909. I have reloaded the program twice...any other thoughts?...
  8. Microsoft Jigsaw not working correctly in full screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Jigsaw not working correctly in full screen.: Microsoft Jigsaw not working correctly in full screen. You can't grab the puzzle pieces as the screen keeps moving. It will work correctly in a much smaller window, but that is hard for me to see....
  9. MS jigsaw puzzles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS jigsaw puzzles: I had completed many puzzles and today when I opened the app to do another all puzzles are shown to never been completed. Is there some way to recover them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-jigsaw-puzzles/a602232b-43a2-457b-8ca3-13172b64e310
  10. Toggle off the full screen mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toggle off the full screen mode: I need a feature to toggle off the full screen mode because games take up almost all my screen. I can’t find Advanced Graphics options anywhere https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toggle-off-the-full-screen-mode/7c6e7c44-656c-4e28-a5e0-b0a2d324df3d