Windows 10: MS KB pages will not display - default to generic support page

Discus and support MS KB pages will not display - default to generic support page in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; @Brink, @gurus This problem repeats from time to time - I try to browse to common MS KB links like:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mta3006, Feb 12, 2019.

1. mta3006 Win User

MS KB pages will not display - default to generic support page

@Brink, @gurus

This problem repeats from time to time - I try to browse to common MS KB links like:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4487044

and all I get in my browser is this:

MS KB pages will not display - default to generic support page [​IMG]

I used to think this meant MS was updating *Redface, but even older KB pages do it on my desktop now; wasn't happening a month ago, and I don't know what has changed, except my DNS servers from default ISP givens to Cloudflare. But I just tried OpenDNS, and the same thing happens. On my laptop, all is ok.
    Have any of you seen this kind of behaviour?

:)

mta3006, Feb 12, 2019

2. Default pages for Microsoft Edge

Hello Angela,

I understand that you are trying to set the starting page for the Microsoft Edge of your preferred web pages. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the ". . ." at the top right corner. Select Settings.
    • Under Open Microsoft Edge with. Select Specific pages.
    • Set the webpages and Save.
    Please post to us if you have any further queries to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Hawk1 Win User
    General Nonsense on front page

Dont know if this is the right place to put this but here goes. Not to sound anal or anything (probably will), but I'd like to suggest to stop having general nonsense posts updating the front page every time and pushing down peoples tech problems etc. (this has not affected me at all, by the way). I mean the nonsense is fun/interesting and all (most of the time), but do I really need to see pizza/farts/someones love life problems on the front page each day. This is supposed to be a tech forum, is it not?

Anyway, just my .02, take it as you will.*Toast :toast:

Hawk1, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

homepage displaying unwanted pages

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Which web browser are you using?

• Which is your default home page?

• What exactly do you mean by displaying unwanted pages?

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

1. MS KB pages will not display - default to generic support page - Similar Threads - pages display default

2. MS Paint page setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint page setup: I use Windows 10 Pro. I do a lot of printing from MS Paint to letter-size portrait layout with no margins. Every time I open a Paint window it defaults to landscape layout with 0.5 inch margins. Is there any way to modify default layout on Paint launch so I don't have to...
  3. MS Paint page setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Paint page setup: I use Windows 10 Pro. I do a lot of printing from MS Paint to letter-size portrait layout with no margins. Every time I open a Paint window it defaults to landscape layout with 0.5 inch margins. Is there any way to modify default layout on Paint launch so I don't have to...
  4. Page display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Page display: When I click on explorer it doesn't display full page and it shows smaller version of page in upper left corner. My husband was on computer the other day and must have done something to change the display. How do I get rid of small page in left corner and get full page...
  5. MS Front Page 2000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Front Page 2000: Runs great on all 3 windows 7 units but will not install without errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-front-page-2000/9c6c6421-37f8-4d67-958a-f264639d63aa
  6. AskWoody MS-DEFCON System "Support" Page

in Windows 10 Support
    AskWoody MS-DEFCON System "Support" Page: So I came across this page the other day https://www.askwoody.com/ms-defcon-system/ and while I can only imagine that all new updates are either MS-DEFCON 1 or MS-DEFCON 2 I still had to chuckle despite the seriousness of the nature. Can I assume that the graphic in the...
  7. change default home page

in Windows 10 Customization
    change default home page: How do I set my default home page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-default-home-page/db1f2a28-b067-436f-b75d-fc31362d9604
  8. Ms edge home page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge home page.: I set google.com to open edge with, but when I click on home button default page comes up. How do I set home button to go to google.com? Henry 58969
  9. This Page Can't Be Displayed

in Browsers and Email
    This Page Can't Be Displayed: I am not an IT guy so please forgive me if I don't use proper terminology. We have a fuel pump that I need to access to get mileages off of. It only works with IE. I log into it with an IP address. It worked fine not long ago and then something updated and it started giving...
  10. The "About:*******" Pages in MS Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    The "About:*******" Pages in MS Edge.: Hi, Not sure if I describing what I am looking for correctly. I was told yesterday by a large financial institution, that I need to make changes to the settting listed on the "about:flags" page, accessed by opening a new tab, and typing in "about:flags". A series of...