Windows 10: MS keeps poping "Something happened, we couldn't install a feature."

Discus and support MS keeps poping "Something happened, we couldn't install a feature." in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an issue with the MS as the laptop keeps poping the message and it is very ignoring when having a concall or onlinemeeting. "Something happened,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HUY PHAMJ, May 4, 2020.

1. HUY PHAMJ Win User

MS keeps poping "Something happened, we couldn't install a feature."

I have an issue with the MS as the laptop keeps poping the message and it is very ignoring when having a concall or onlinemeeting. "Something happened, we couldn't install a feature."

:)

HUY PHAMJ, May 4, 2020

2. "We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

Try this:

Before you get to that message, press SHIFT + F10 to open a command prompt.

Run diskpart.
    At the diskpart prompt, run these commands:

list disk

At this point you should see the SSD as disk 0. If it has another disk number, use that number rather than "0" in the next command.

select disk 0
    clean
    exit (to exit from diskpart)
    exit (to exit from the command prompt)

MS keeps poping "Something happened, we couldn't install a feature." [​IMG]

That should clear the contents of the disk. The entire disk space should then show up in Windows setup as "Unallocated Space" as in the screenshot below.

MS keeps poping "Something happened, we couldn't install a feature." [​IMG]

hsehestedt, May 4, 2020
  3. Couldn´t install SBSH Explore Pro- installation failed after download

I couldn´t install "SBSH FExplorer Pro" from Nokia Store (cost 4,99 EUR).

Installation failed after download.

Allow all software for installation is active, Online certificate check: On,

download and install is on C:, Space on C: is over 200 MB available.

E72-1, Typ RM-530

software version 053.001, special version 053.001.231.03

Updates for this firmware version available: None.

Freeware of SBSH Explore works perfect- Pro Version installation failed.

After download I couldn´t find installation data (zip or .sisx) on C to with freeware version..

Somebody for help or any ideas?

Support speeches: German and English.

Thank you!

Support of SBSH was contacted.

scoopy---01, May 4, 2020
  4. zjarus Win User

The Update was Downloaded, but couldn´t be opened (8018830f) - Lumia 930

zjarus, May 4, 2020
Thema:

1. MS keeps poping "Something happened, we couldn't install a feature." - Similar Threads - keeps poping Something

2. "something happened and some optional features of windows couldn't installed". What should...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "something happened and some optional features of windows couldn't installed". What should...: I use Windows 11 pro as my OS, while updating and installing new features, it regularly gives this notification "something happened and some optional features of windows couldn't installed". It has slowed my computer's speed, specially when I start the LAPTOP it takes alot of...
  3. Something happened, and we couldn’t install a feature [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Something happened, and we couldn’t install a feature [Fix]: [ATTACH]Something happened, and we couldn’t install a feature! This error is being reported by quite a few users these days. Getting an error like this when you are not even trying to install any feature, is annoying indeed. Our PC sometimes starts installing the optional...
  4. Something happened, we couldn't install a feature.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Something happened, we couldn't install a feature.: This sucks! How can I get rid of this? Happens because of disabled updates but I will not be enabling them. https://i.imgur.com/98eSYue.png If you are unsure how to fix this don't waste time pls...
  5. We are adding some new features to windows - Something happened and we couldn't install a...

We are adding some new features to windows - Something happened and we couldn't install a...: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC x64 1809 [ATTACH] Once in 15 - 60 minutes (always different) I have a notification about installing some new weatures to windows ("We are adding some new features to windows"). In five minutes after this I have a new notification about windows...
  6. "Something happened, and we couldn't install a feature" error

"Something happened, and we couldn't install a feature" error: So I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro (64-bit). When I was choosing a new keyboard layout, and chose the Arabic 101 layout. Everything went normal. When I entered my desktop, a notification started bombarding me with the message in the subject. So I clicked that...
  7. Something happened and we couldn't install a feature

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something happened and we couldn't install a feature: hi, something happened as below, how can I fix this issue or stop the updating. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-happened-and-we-couldnt-install-a/8af38ea0-84d2-4b3e-adf0-ce32cda2d543
  8. Something happened, and we couldn't install a feature.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something happened, and we couldn't install a feature.: I keep getting this message while trying to add Japanese input support. Something happened, and we couldn't install a feature. Please tap to get more information. Tapping it only takes me to the list of installed optional features. Some people reported this problem caused...
  9. Something happened and we couldn't install a feature

Something happened and we couldn't install a feature: Hi, I don't know if this is a bug or designed to be bad?! I just wanna add another keyboard layout but this new setting app is pain in the ass. So I add language in settings and than pop up start like every 5 min saying "Something happened and we couldn't install a...
  10. Something happened, and we couldn't install a feature error ......

Something happened, and we couldn't install a feature error ......: Hi, I am frustrated with the frequent notification in Windows 10 "Something happened, and we couldn't install a feature" error. Can any one help me in getting out of this annoying notification....