Windows 10: MS Laptop 2 not waking up after a night of sleeping

Discus and support MS Laptop 2 not waking up after a night of sleeping in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Surface Laptop 2 (i5/8Gb/256Gb) and it's working fine until I go to sleep and close it down for an extended period of time. In the morning (in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MstislavGrivachev, Jan 2, 2019.

1. MS Laptop 2 not waking up after a night of sleeping

I have a Surface Laptop 2 (i5/8Gb/256Gb) and it's working fine until I go to sleep and close it down for an extended period of time. In the morning (in 8-10 hours) I put up the screen and it's not reacting, so I should press the Power button. MS logo turns up and computer loads in 5 secs, but it's not the experience I expect from a Surface. Though during the day it's working as it should, providing me a nice Windows Hello experience the way I expect it to.

Any solutions?

:)

MstislavGrivachev, Jan 2, 2019

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, Jan 2, 2019
  4. MS Laptop 2 not waking up after a night of sleeping

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

MS Laptop 2 not waking up after a night of sleeping

1. MS Laptop 2 not waking up after a night of sleeping - Similar Threads - Laptop waking night

2. Night light is reset after wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Night light is reset after wake up: I have night light set up to turn on on the schedule. It works. I also have my screen turning off after 15 minutes of idle. The problem is the night light disappears after the screen is turned on. If I go to night light setting, it says it is turned on. If I turn it off and...
  3. Laptop wakes from sleep in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop wakes from sleep in the middle of the night: [ATTACH] My battery settings are mostly default, and I noticed that if I leave the notebook in sleep in the night it automatically wakes at some times. This definitely has to do with hibernation, which I changed to 120 and increased the frequency of the wake-ups....
  4. Laptop waking up from sleep at night

Laptop waking up from sleep at night: I tried following this post, but when I execute this command: powercfg/waketimers, I get a different result: C:\Windows\system32>powercfg/waketimers Timer set by [PROCESS]...
  5. Computers wake up at night

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computers wake up at night: Right so, to start, it's windows update orchestrator that's waking it up. About fifty percent of the time I put my computers to sleep it'll wake them up at the dead of night and keep them at the lockscreen permanently until I shut the computer down. Multiple times during the...
  6. Laptop waking up from sleep

Laptop waking up from sleep: I'm using windows 10 pro on a gigabyte aero-15-x9. I checked whether there are any active wake timers in cmd using powercfg -waketimers and it says there are no active wake timers, and I also disabled wake timers in the power config. However, my laptop still turns on while...
  7. Wake up during Night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wake up during Night: How can I prevent the UpdateOrchestrator to wake up my computer at night? I already turned off all the other stuff that keeps waking up my computer but now they added a new task "Backup Scan" that keeps waking up the computer at intervals. I don't even have backup turned...
  8. waking up after sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    waking up after sleep mode: my computer takes forever, 5 mins or so to wake up after it has been in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-after-sleep-mode/dbb31876-ca52-496b-b682-f1ed2412533a"
  9. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...
  10. 2 tries to wake up laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    2 tries to wake up laptop: After the latest upgrade to Windows 10 Creators, my trusty T500 Thinkpad has (re-)developed an issue with waking from sleep. It wakes fine but then goes back to sleep almost immediately. On the second attempt it wakes properly and stays awake. Video attached - apologies...