Windows 10: MS Licenses SKU for Win10

Discus and support MS Licenses SKU for Win10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Dear Sir,Please help me to suggest correct MS SKU if Customer wants to run Win10 Pro on VMware environment notVDI.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bhushan Khadage, Apr 29, 2021.

1. MS Licenses SKU for Win10

Dear Sir,Please help me to suggest correct MS SKU if Customer wants to run Win10 Pro on VMware environment notVDI.

:)

Bhushan Khadage, Apr 29, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

How to transfer Win10 license correctly?

No, you don't need to transfer any licenses.

If you upgrade your Win7 Pro to Win10 it will get a digital license for Win10 Pro in it's own right, based on having a qualifying activated Win7. Although MS have said the free upgrades have ended, quietly behind they scenes they still will be activated.

Use the Media Creation Tool to make an install USB then use Step 6 in this tutorial.

Upgrade to Windows 10

3. Win10 License after Mobo Upgrade ?

I recently upgraded my mobo and in preparation got a digital Win10 license connected to my MS account as suggested here: How to Reactivate Windows 10 After Changing Hardware

I simply hooked my old SSD to the new mobo and Win10 took a little extra time to boot and was up and running -- not like the bad old days MS Licenses SKU for Win10 :) However, when I tried to activate Win10 using the digital license per the above it didn't work - there was no license for this type of device, which I assumed meant a PC. So I chatted with a MS tech and he kindly connected to my machine and activated it for me. I also went to my MS account and got a digital license for the new mobo.

However, a couple days later I noticed that I now have a product ID that ends in -AAOEM I assume this means it is an OEM license which cannot be transferred if I replace the mobo again.

I originally purchased XP in 2005 when I assembled my first computer. I took advantage of the inexpensive Win8 Upgrade to purchase Win8 Pro which became Win8.1 and then Win10 Pro, all without further payment to MS.

I assumed that because I started by purchasing XP that I had a retail license and that this retail license would propagate through all of these upgrades, allowing me to change mobo's whenever I chose. In thinking more about it, I'm wondering whether the cheap upgrade to Win8 converted my license to OEM and this tech did me a favor by allowing the mobo change. Or, should he have made the license retail?

Bottom line is I think I now have an OEM license and don't understand whether it should be a retail license or I'm a cheapskate and should just buy a new Win10 Retail license when I next change mobo's.

GadgetBuilder, Apr 29, 2021
  4. wishihad Win User

MS Licenses SKU for Win10

Activation options for Win10 with instant clones

We have a secure (no internet access) lab environment setup to test and validate a VMWare VDI deployment of Win10 clients.

Our issue is activation of the Win10 clients as they require re-activation every time we logoff and back on because we are using instant clones.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to resolve this? Here are the options we are considering and issues as we understand them:

• Setup a KMS server
      • Requires a Volume license, which is doable
      • Documentation says we must have a minimum of 25 hosts, we don' have that in our lab
    • Use our MSDN account
      • No support for Win10 KMS license
      • No support for MKS activation
    • Manually activate each time
      • Gonna spend a lot of time on the phone MS Licenses SKU for Win10 :(
      • Win10 has no grace period so machines are crippled w/o activation
    Anyone have a thought or suggestions? I'm hoping I missed something.

Thanks

wishihad, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

MS Licenses SKU for Win10

1. MS Licenses SKU for Win10 - Similar Threads - Licenses SKU Win10

2. Is the windows 11 Pro SKU hav-00162 a transferable license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the windows 11 Pro SKU hav-00162 a transferable license?: So I bought Windows 11 Pro SKU hav-00162 on Amazon and I'm interested if this is a FPP and transferable license?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-windows-11-pro-sku-hav-00162-a-transferable/55c8832b-aeb0-45b1-87c8-09f41270809b
  3. Is the windows 11 Pro SKU hav-00162 a transferable license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the windows 11 Pro SKU hav-00162 a transferable license?: So I bought Windows 11 Pro SKU hav-00162 on Amazon and I'm interested if this is a FPP and transferable license?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-windows-11-pro-sku-hav-00162-a-transferable/55c8832b-aeb0-45b1-87c8-09f41270809b
  4. Win10 license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 license: hey, i got a prebuilt pc a year ago and now i want to build my own. if i take the drive with all my things + my win10 license, will it be verified on the new pc? if not, how do i verify it? will i need to buy a new copy of win10?...
  5. Win10 license not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 license not working: Hi everyone, I have a PC a without a verified windows10 license and I’m not signed in to a Microsoft account. I bought one license online on G 2 A and it worked and got confirmation and everything! Then I shut down the PC and later turned it on again, and then it said it was...
  6. System SKU to be filled by O.E.M.

System SKU to be filled by O.E.M.: I would like to know the serial number of my PC. May I please ask how to retrieve it? Unfortunately it is not giving me the current serial number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-sku-to-be-filled-by-oem/f7ab9633-4961-4a9f-b12c-87ade86d5f75
  7. MS Paint Licensing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Paint Licensing: Hi! Is the paint program that comes with Windows 10 allowed for commercial use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-paint-licensing/2384eff7-63c2-4423-bc6a-10d1563300f0
  8. What type of license applies to SKU FQC-88789

What type of license applies to SKU FQC-88789: Hi I just bought windows 10 from an online retailer where I live. I was delivered a box with a different SKU than the one I expected, so before I go ahead and open it, I wanted to verify that this is, in fact, the product I intended to buy. The SKU on the box is FQC-88789....
  9. Regarding MS licensing

Regarding MS licensing: Dear support, I have a quaries regarding Win 10 licensing, i have purchased laptop with inbuilt win 8.1 os after this i updated it to win 10 home single language digitally activated and then after i purchase win 10 pro licenses also and remove win 10 home and installed win...
  10. understanding difference between SKU licenses for Win 10 Ent.

understanding difference between SKU licenses for Win 10 Ent.: Hi I have used http://mla.microsoft.com/quickquote.aspx to get an idea what it would cost to get a one year license for Win 10 Enterprise, and I do not understand the difference between the four products that is suggested. All I really know is that UTD stands for "Up to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows activation sku