Windows 10: MS Live Mail Still in W10 1709

Discus and support MS Live Mail Still in W10 1709 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For sometime I've read more than one article stating MS is no longer supporting Live. Just this past week I recovered my PC and installed the latest... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by lpatrick, Oct 29, 2017.

1. lpatrick Win User

MS Live Mail Still in W10 1709

For sometime I've read more than one article stating MS is no longer supporting Live. Just this past week I recovered my PC and installed the latest available W10 version. That being 1709. To my surprise and delight was MS Live email. I quickly converted ATT/Yahoo over to Live with zero issues. So with Live still present in the latest W10 version is rumors of its demise false? I find it easy to use and like the fact it is not tied to any browser. My browser of choice is Edge.

Looking forward to your comments.
    Louis

:)

lpatrick, Oct 29, 2017
  2. ECRCSR Win User

Distribution List/Contact Group in Windows 10 People

This is why I believe the problem was in the MS upgrade to W10. I was getting notifications from MS - click here to upgrade to W10. I delayed quite a while because of negative publicity about it, but maybe should have waited longer. When I did select
    it, it ran but didn't change the email program.

The same thing happened with the W7 computer which was Windows Live Mail. That's why I still have Windows Live Mail and it sounds like others have lost theirs.

Thanks again for all of your help and advice.

ECRCSR, Oct 29, 2017
  3. Tarnava Win User
    How to transfer Accounts+Mails+Contacts from Vista to Windows 10 Mail?

Hi Threebean,

Thanks for your reply. You confirm what I had found out.

Even more in my case MS didn't reply properly except asking me what I use: MS mail or MS Live Mail. After I answered that I use MS Mail (above in red), no further reaction.

It seems that W10 Mail and Windows Live Mail are incompatible too!! So why asking what I have been using?

This is really unprofessional !!!

Since Mail on W10 is TOTALLY USELESS, on my W10, I decided to use Thunderbird. Now I have problem with conversion of my mails and contacts. From Thunderbird Support page I found out there is a 3rd party app doing the conversion for some 49U$ +VAT. Since
    it seems me very expensive as for one time shot, I am looking further. If I find something I will let you know.

Take care,

Tarnava, Oct 29, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

Live Mail hasn't been updated since 2012 and is no longer supported. You could be leaving yourself vulnerable. Its not the only easy to use program, Thunderbird is still actively developed.

Regarding Edge, I'm not sure about this demise you speak of.

swarfega, Oct 29, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    It is not clear what you are referring to.

MS Account/Outlook Email Account can be accessed from a Web Browser as usual.
    You can also access that account with the Windows 10 Mail App, an Email client application.

It's Windows Live Mail 2012, the Email client application that is not supported anymore and did not come with any version of Windows. It was a separate optional download in the MS Essentials package.

Helmut, Oct 29, 2017
  6. lpatrick Win User
    Maybe I miswrote. I meant the demise of Live. Thanks for replying.

lpatrick, Oct 29, 2017
  7. lpatrick Win User
    The Live I am using was included with W10 and remained when I update to version 1709.

lpatrick, Oct 29, 2017
  8. Plankton Win User

There is no Live in windows 10. Can you post a screen shot of what you're referring to.....would be very helpful.

Plankton, Oct 29, 2017
  9. lpatrick Win User
    I am away from my PC. If not Live it must be Mail. I access it from the PC’s Toolbar.

lpatrick, Oct 29, 2017
  10. Plankton Win User
    You mean the taskbar....

MS Live Mail Still in W10 1709 [​IMG]

This is the mail app and not part of windows live.

Plankton, Oct 29, 2017
  11. lpatrick Win User
    Yes. you are correct. Thank you for correcting my post.

lpatrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MS Live Mail Still in W10 1709 - Similar Threads - Live Mail Still

2. live mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live mail: j'ai du remettre mon mot de passe dans live mail mais il ne passe plus et je ne reçois plus de mail de gmail ni je ne peus en envoyer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail/c7fa9f3c-2031-4993-9401-f1e89d9269f4
  3. W10 Windows live mail.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 Windows live mail.: Hi All…..How do I save an email from Win live mail to a document folder? It was easy in W7 but seems impossible to do now - just says ‘wrong type of file ‘ when I attempt. …so am unable to save it. Anyone help pls. thks from a very very unhappy W10 user!!!...
  4. Identify mail servers are compatible with MS Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Identify mail servers are compatible with MS Windows Live Mail: I need to switch from my gmail account to another email server that is compatible with MS Windows Live Mail. Looking for a list of email servers that can work through this product....
  5. Live Mail for MS 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Live Mail for MS 10: Hello, We just recently purchased a new PC and upgraded to Windows 10. "Live Mail" was included with our upgrade. I do not know how to set it up to bring the emails in from our host server. We contacted them and received the incoming and outgoing server information but...
  6. Live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live mail: some emails I forward are sent as many times as 37 repeated emails how do I stop this so it is sent only once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail/a373e491-9ae5-4da0-8fab-acb57a3a22be
  7. Can I Still DL a Legit Copy of 1709 From MS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I Still DL a Legit Copy of 1709 From MS?: Recently I downloaded the media creation tool and used it to create install media for 1803 but I am having second thoughts. Currently I am on 1709 but with a new notebook possibly on order this coming week I was going to swap out the HDD platter that comes with the machine...
  8. Live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Live mail: Cannot receive mail from Windows Live. Error message: 0x800cc90, server error Live mail error 0x800cc92 Pop 3 Part 995. It won't accept my password even tried changing it. So Frustrating....
  9. live mail on W10

in Browsers and Email
    live mail on W10: Hi, I have successfully installed W10 on my PC. However when I try and run Live mail, the initial small panel appears, and a reduced, almost blank Live Mail work space, but at that point, the spinning disc continues spinning and the process stays at that point. Impossible to...
  10. W10 1709 & ATT/Yahoo

in Browsers and Email
    W10 1709 & ATT/Yahoo: Directly after 1709 completed ATT/Yahoo Mail’s frame appeared but not the actual mail! Mysterious! 95788