Windows 10: MS Mail - Adding a Gmail account imports the folder structure, but not the emails within...

Discus and support MS Mail - Adding a Gmail account imports the folder structure, but not the emails within... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using the BASIC MS Mail and have added a Gmail account. The Gmail folder structure has been imported, but the emails contained in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Barry0501, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Barry0501 Win User

MS Mail - Adding a Gmail account imports the folder structure, but not the emails within...

Hello,

I'm using the BASIC MS Mail and have added a Gmail account.

The Gmail folder structure has been imported, but the emails contained in the folders is confusing.

In one case, only the last email has been 'imported', in some many of the emails are present, but only to 1 year ago?

I've tried searching for content in case that caused the missing information to be downloaded, but it has no effect.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Moved from:

Email

/

Managing email folders

:)

Barry0501, Jan 30, 2019

2. Undo 2 x email accounts added to Outlook accidentally linked together

A couple of days ago I upgraded my HP Pavilion TS15 Laptop OS from the free MS Windows 10 Home version, with a purchased 2013 version of Windows 10 Professional. MS Office 2013 came with the package, and that included the email application, Outlook 2013.

I have four x email accounts - 1 x Outlook.com, I x Gmail and 2 x Hotmail., and after the upgrade decided to add all to Outlook 2013. The Outlook and 1 x Hotmail accounts were set up/added without any problems, including keeping their own folders.

However, at some point while adding 1 x Hotmail and the Gmail accounts, I appear to have accidentally linked the two accounts together. The folders lists that appear under each added account are exactly the same - as though both email accounts have been completely merged together, including the folder lists. In essence, all the folders in the Gmail account have been added to the Hotmail account folders list, and all folders from the Hotmail account have been included and added into the Gmail folders list...

Receiving emails difficulties: If an email comes in addressed to my Gmail account, the exact same email is also delivered to the Hotmail account, and vice versa. Additionally, if I prepare and send an email from one of the accounts - say the Hotmail account, then the same email is also sent from the other linked Gmail account. Everything to do with these two emails is automatically duplicated.

Sending emails difficulties: What is also most frustrating is that any email I send from either of the two rogue accounts, the end result is that the intended recipient gets two identical emails, one from each of the two linked accounts.

I need to somehow un-link the two email accounts from each other, to restore their original individual setup and folders/content lists.

sassofalco, Jan 30, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Gmail - Getting mails not exactly sent to me

No one else is getting anyone's mail because of this... It is NOT a bug.
    It is intentional. All those addresses belong to you, no matter where the dot.

Quoted from GMail help:

Test it... send yourself an email with no dot in your name.

95Viper, Jan 30, 2019
  4. mdm-adph Win User

MS Mail - Adding a Gmail account imports the folder structure, but not the emails within...

GMail Accounts Get 3 GB of Storage Space

As a user of Yahoo's online mail (for the past 7 years) and Gmail (for the past 2 or 3, can't remember how long it's been around), I have to disagree with you.

I use online mail accounts like Yahoo and Gmail simply to catch email through a forwarder on a domain I own. The forwarder doesn't block anything -- it simply redirects all mail sent to it to an email address I set up, either at Yahoo or Gmail. I've had this same email address at this domain for about 7 years, so it's had time to get on a lot of spammer's lists.

When I set this forwarder up to forward mail to Yahoo, something like 50-60 pieces of spam get through to my inbox every single day. This isn't including the 3 or 4 hundred that get redirected to the junk folder. And that's just one day.

When I set it up to forward to Gmail, that number of spam emails that make it to my inbox drops to two or three.

So, either Gmail's server admins are more on the ball when it comes to spam, or else Yahoo's simply not trying hard enough.

mdm-adph, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

1. MS Mail - Adding a Gmail account imports the folder structure, but not the emails within... - Similar Threads - Mail Adding Gmail

2. Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.: After entering Email and password, the error occurs, i dont know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-cannot-be-added-to-windows-mail-app/78646cd5-540e-4ded-bff4-843a0ec5af05
  3. Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.: After entering Email and password, the error occurs, i dont know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-cannot-be-added-to-windows-mail-app/78646cd5-540e-4ded-bff4-843a0ec5af05
  4. Email Pass Words are they different in MS Mail than in GMail or Yahoo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Email Pass Words are they different in MS Mail than in GMail or Yahoo: Note Difference Email Pass words on my lap top and Kindal Fire than on my Desk top. Lap top has 16 characters ? and Gmail and Yahoo have only 9 I tried deleting one Address and creating a new one, but MS does not recognize my Gmail or Yahoo pass words Please advise Ace...
  5. My email address within MS

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My email address within MS: I changed my email address a few years ago when I loaded Win 10 and now only use gmail. MS has been working fine but still refers to old address on some logins. For example my MS Verification for login is wrong, I am unable to login to MS Store and now, more importantly, I...
  6. Gmail account on Mail. New email disappears while typing.

Gmail account on Mail. New email disappears while typing.: I've had this a couple of times now. While I'm typing a response to an Gmail-email, the response draft suddenly disapears and is also not in the drafts folder or send folder. It seems to happen during an server update. I've lost quite some time during this bug in Mail....
  7. mail shows error code 0x000000b while adding a gmail account to the windows mail

mail shows error code 0x000000b while adding a gmail account to the windows mail: I cant add my gmail account to the windows mail due to this error please tell me how to solve it [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-shows-error-code-0x000000b-while-adding-a/ac750dfe-399e-484a-895a-d2f85b22b132
  8. Gmail added to MS Mail, lost emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gmail added to MS Mail, lost emails: I have added my Gmail account to the Mail app but the folder structure was imported rather than the emails contained in the folders. I missed lots of information because lots of emails hadn’t been imported. I cannot resolve the problem without your help...
  9. Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail

Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail: Hi, After updating to Win Pro 10 64 v.1809 build 17763.316 (from v. 1803), I could not sync with my gmail accounts anymore. I deleted them. I am now unable to add them back. I tried multiple solutions - including the one given in august 2018 on this forum - but I am still...
  10. unable to set up gmail account within Microsoft Mail app

unable to set up gmail account within Microsoft Mail app: Hi, Unable to set up my gmail account within Mail app, keep getting error code 0x8000000b , I am clueless as to what might be the reason for this, Ideas anyone? [ATTACH]...