Windows 10: MS Mail hijacking my emails.

Discus and support MS Mail hijacking my emails. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I stop MS Mail sending my documents by email. I have just updated to Windows 10. My default email is google mail. When I try to email a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulHorton4, Feb 11, 2020.

1. MS Mail hijacking my emails.

How can I stop MS Mail sending my documents by email. I have just updated to Windows 10. My default email is google mail. When I try to email a document Mail takes over and will not let me send it by google mail. I have disabled all of the settings in the Mail app and Mail keeps hijacking my emails. Is the only way to stop it, to un install Mail. Google mail is set as my default email account, so why is Mail trying to send my emails.

Thank you for any advice.

Paul

:)

PaulHorton4, Feb 11, 2020
  2. Sam Vimes Win User

Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure where these come from.

The question is how can I clear this list so that I no longer get the suggestions?

Thanks

Sam Vimes, Feb 11, 2020
  3. stevehero Win User
    error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

I went this route and added passwords for yahoo mail. I might try this method above to get gmail to buck up! *Tongue

@Bastet, this is probably what you were referring to the whole time.

YAHOO MAIL FIX
    2FA needs to be enabled which it already was and just follow these steps below.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.

MS Mail hijacking my emails. [​IMG]

2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box

3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.

4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2.

Fully functional mail app again.

GMAIL FIX

Now similar steps to setting up Gmail. Here I'll only go through the Gmail steps as Windows Mail App setup is the exact same.

Follow this jpeg below, all steps are merged as there's a 5 attachment limit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've edited it to show the solution for Gmail also.

stevehero, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Bastet Win User

MS Mail hijacking my emails.

error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

Yes, once 2-factor authentication is enabled you should then create the app specific password & enter it instead of the account password.

Bastet, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

MS Mail hijacking my emails.

1. MS Mail hijacking my emails. - Similar Threads - Mail hijacking emails

2. MS Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Mail: I recently updated to Windows 11 and now I can't send or receive my Yahoo mail via MS Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-mail/9c29ba66-19f6-42f9-945f-9876d86d4d42
  3. MS Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Mail: I recently updated to Windows 11 and now I can't send or receive my Yahoo mail via MS Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-mail/9c29ba66-19f6-42f9-945f-9876d86d4d42
  4. iCloud email not connecting to MS Mail app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    iCloud email not connecting to MS Mail app?: I've done some research and i'm making sure i get an app-generated password from my iCloud account but it's still not working for me. I'm getting an "attention needed" message and when i hit "fix" it tells me to enter the password, so I'm assuming it's not accepting it? Has...
  5. MS Mail Truncates Forwarded Email Body

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Mail Truncates Forwarded Email Body: MS Mail latest 16005.13228.41011.0; Windows 10 latest; Dell Inspiron 5591 all updates Some forwarded email is sent with no body or truncated body. There seems to be no common thread to these emails. Many settings say: " . . .cannot be applied to any of your accounts"....
  6. error #MS-SYSINFO32 Hijack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    error #MS-SYSINFO32 Hijack: Which Pop Up Blocker Will Stop error #MS-SYSINFO32 From Popping Up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/error-ms-sysinfo32-hijack/3cc4ec2b-04f5-461c-9940-afa11ebb2e09
  7. Gmail added to MS Mail, lost emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gmail added to MS Mail, lost emails: I have added my Gmail account to the Mail app but the folder structure was imported rather than the emails contained in the folders. I missed lots of information because lots of emails hadn’t been imported. I cannot resolve the problem without your help...
  8. What is this URL? It hijacks my e-mail account

What is this URL? It hijacks my e-mail account: what is it and how do I get rid of it (s.yming.com/rq/darla/3-6-3/html/r-sf.html)? It hijacks my e-mail account Grant [Original Title: s.yming.com/rq/darla/3-6-3/html/r-sf.html]...
  9. email hijacked

email hijacked: I received an email today from my email account. Whoever told me they have my password - the one they gave me is for my Skype account. However I no longer use that email account for Skype . In fact hardly use it as some years now on gmail. Anyway person threatens to send...
  10. MS edge hijacked today

MS edge hijacked today: Today edge was hijacked, message asks me to call number . I know this is a scam so tried to close edge, could not. So I closed with task manager, rebooted. When I opened edge message was still there. HELP, how do I get rid of it and fix my computer? 64658