Windows 10: MS Mail Links fail to maximize Firefox

Discus and support MS Mail Links fail to maximize Firefox in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Links in Windows 10 Mail May 2020 edition launch Firefox 79.0 and go to the requested URL properly, but FF stays minimized; if already open, FF stays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JimMattix, Aug 6, 2020.

1. JimMattix Win User

MS Mail Links fail to maximize Firefox

Links in Windows 10 Mail May 2020 edition launch Firefox 79.0 and go to the requested URL properly, but FF stays minimized; if already open, FF stays behind Mail or stays minimized, requiring a second click to bring FF forward/to full size.

When I click on a URL, I want to view that URL immediately, without a second click How do I set Firefox or mail to take center stage when called upon?

I tried the one suggestion I found on MS help, [re] installing Mail via PowerShell without success.

Help?

[Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Sweep, cleanup, and rules]

:)

JimMattix, Aug 6, 2020
  2. weybrew Win User

All Gmail links fail

Thanks to Caledon Ken...your suggestion had no effect.

Thanks to bro67...Interestingly enough the Gmail link to this forum reply actually worked, as did your link to "How to Fix....." I tried steps 1 and 2 without success. Step 3 gave me the following screen, which didn't look like the article described. At any rate, the probem is unchanged...screenshot follows.

MS Mail Links fail to maximize Firefox [​IMG]

MS Mail Links fail to maximize Firefox [​IMG]

weybrew, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Thagstrom Win User
    How do I tell Firefox to open email links with the windows 10 mail app?

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

You should use Andrews steps to set the default app to the windows 10 mail app. After that restart firefox and you should see an option that says "Use Mail (default)".

This is outlined in Firefox's help page:

Setting your operating system's default mail program

By default, Firefox will use your system's default mail client to send email for the actions listed above. For Thunderbird, see the Make Thunderbird the Default Mail Client article for steps you can take to make it the default mail program. Check the online
    or in-product documentation for other mail programs.

In general, you can change the default mail program by following these instructions:

Click the Windows Start button, then click Settings.

Click the Apps icon, then click Default Apps in the list.

Click the icon under the heading Email to show your choices.

Select the email program you want to use.

You can see the link here:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/change-pro...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Thagstrom, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Suman_B Win User

Windows 10 Mail - Unable to open links

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to open links in emails on Windows 10 Mail app, In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. Is the issue specific to Mail app? Are you able open hyperlinks from other applications like Word?
    2. Did you try accessing different links through Firefox?
    3. May I know if you have set Firefox as the

default program
      ?

I suggest you to try the following method and check:

Method 1: Update Windows 10.

Suggest you to
    update the Windows 10

Method 2: Update Firefox.

Check if there is an updated version of Firefox as you are able to open the links through Edge.

Please reply with details and we'll be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. MS Mail Links fail to maximize Firefox - Similar Threads - Mail Links fail

2. Mail app maximize problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app maximize problem: When i try to maximize the windows mail app. It cant maximize fully.Here is the reproduction of my issue in the given videohttps://drive.google.com/file/d/11IKgmCrNlSjLjllGRDruVDSKLnJ6qTvv/view?usp=sharing...
  3. Mail app maximize problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app maximize problem: When i try to maximize the windows mail app. It cant maximize fully.Here is the reproduction of my issue in the given videohttps://drive.google.com/file/d/11IKgmCrNlSjLjllGRDruVDSKLnJ6qTvv/view?usp=sharing...
  4. Fix FireFox extending into secondary monitor when maximized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix FireFox extending into secondary monitor when maximized: There has been a common problem where if a user maximized the Firefox window in more than one screen environment the tip of the window will extend to the secondary monitor. To fix this problem right or left click on the top bar in Firefox and click on "Customize Toolbar". at...
  5. Fix FireFox extending into secondary monitor when maximized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix FireFox extending into secondary monitor when maximized: There has been a common problem where if a user maximized the Firefox window in more than one screen environment the tip of the window will extend to the secondary monitor. To fix this problem right or left click on the top bar in Firefox and click on "Customize Toolbar". at...
  6. Fix FireFox extending into secondary monitor when maximized

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Firefox Failed Downloads

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Failed Downloads: Since updating Firefox to version 76 I've been unable to download files properly, they consistently fail. I tried resetting Firefox, resetting download folder, resetting my network settings, disabling Defender and restarting my router but nothing helped. I installed Chrome...
  8. Mail links

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail links: In the past, whenever I click on a link in an email I'm taken directly to my browser and the link tab opens. Now when I hit a link in and email I can see the tab open in the browser but the mail window remains on top. What setting has changed? Is it MS mail or in my...
  9. ms family is blocking firefox

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    ms family is blocking firefox: Despite trying to remove all restrictions on my child's account, MS family protection continues to block Firefox. When the child opens firefox, it says 'ask your parent for permission'. I get the permission request on my end in MS Family, I approve it and grant the...
  10. How to set MS Office 2016 to open links in Firefox (default browser)?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to set MS Office 2016 to open links in Firefox (default browser)?: Howdy: How do I configure MS Office 2016 Pro Plus (specifically Word, but also PPT, Excel, Pub) to open embedded hyperlinks in my default browser, Firefox, under Win10/Pro? Yes, Firefox is properly configured everywhere I know to look as the default browser. Edge is...