Windows 10: MS Mail Locks Out Keyboard

Discus and support MS Mail Locks Out Keyboard in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am having a problem trying to help a friend that doesn't know Windows 10 very well. Her problem is: (1) The keyboard gets locked out when I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GaryPatrick, Aug 20, 2018.

1. MS Mail Locks Out Keyboard

I am having a problem trying to help a friend that doesn't know Windows 10 very well.

Her problem is:

(1) The keyboard gets locked out when I try to reply or forward a MS Mail message.

(2) The People app changed to only showing phone numbers, all the email address disappeared.

(3) With Chrome as default browser, two important external shortcuts work. After I changed to Edge as default, they both do not go anywhere. Changed back to Chrome default and they work again.

I'm looking for suggestions as this has me going crazy. Please HELP.

Gary

:)

GaryPatrick, Aug 20, 2018
  2. Mark Ole Win User

keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 20, 2018
  4. MS Mail Locks Out Keyboard

Update after 9a.m. locked keyboard MS10 windows

Hi,

We would like to know more about the issue. Please provide the following information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far regarding with your mouse?
    • Have you tried to update or reinstall the latest driver for your keyboard? How about to unplug then plug the keyboard from the computer?
    Furthermore, we suggest for you to do these steps on how to turn off filter keys on Windows 10:

• Click Start and then Settings.
    • Go to Ease of access.
    • Select Keyboard in the left pane.
    • Turn off Filter Keys on the right pane.

We will look forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

MS Mail Locks Out Keyboard

1. MS Mail Locks Out Keyboard - Similar Threads - Mail Locks Keyboard

2. Bitlocker Key - Locked out of MS account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Key - Locked out of MS account.: Asus Zenbook, Windows 11A few days ago my laptop experienced its first blue screen which upon reboot prompted the repair-mode screen. In order to access the drive I get prompted to input a key for Bitlockers encryption. Seeing as this is something I didn't even knew I had on...
  3. Cat Locks Out Keyboard on Lockscreen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cat Locks Out Keyboard on Lockscreen: My work laptop is a Dell Latitude 5520 on Windows 10. When I work from home during the day, I switch between a desktop and my laptop. Sometimes my cat, Stan, likes to lay on the keyboard of the laptop what cat doesn't, am I right?. When I think he is about to, I lock the...
  4. Cat Locks Out Keyboard on Lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cat Locks Out Keyboard on Lockscreen: My work laptop is a Dell Latitude 5520 on Windows 10. When I work from home during the day, I switch between a desktop and my laptop. Sometimes my cat, Stan, likes to lay on the keyboard of the laptop what cat doesn't, am I right?. When I think he is about to, I lock the...
  5. Cat Locks Out Keyboard on Lockscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Locked out of MS account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of MS account: My cousin, that got this PC when starting college, didn't even realize she created a MS account and has no idea what the password is because, she only used it once on the laptop and then it was a PIN. Now, she's locked out of the laptop because, on boot bitlocker asks for the...
  7. Keyboard lock out ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard lock out ?: This is a odd one. with a um infected key board. you get a black screen and the cap lock will not light. i put the game store hard drive in the back up computet, same make modle! yes it works and it was not the operating sys (but that works to). it workt ok for two times....
  8. Keyboard lock out ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard lock out ?: This is a odd one. with a um infected key board. you get a black screen and the cap lock will not light. i put the game store hard drive in the back up computet, same make modle! yes it works and it was not the operating sys (but that works to). it workt ok for two times....
  9. MS Mail and Edge will not accept keyboard input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Mail and Edge will not accept keyboard input: I am helping a friend that has problems with MS Mail and People. She can receive email but cannot type in anything in MS Mail. Also, all her People contacts have changed to only showing phone numbers and not email addresses. Tried to open Edge but cannot type in anything....
  10. locked out of win10 using MS account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    locked out of win10 using MS account: hi all i have recently upgraded from Win8.1 to Win 10 and I used the MS account to login but now it does not let me login anymore, i did a pw reset for my MS account already and can login to my MS account from any device but the message showing when I use my MS account pw...