Windows 10: MS Maps App Wrong Location

Discus and support MS Maps App Wrong Location in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi: You have a problem with your location finder for Maps and Find My Device. Bing, I set it manually so it is alright. Google Maps finds my precise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John K_67, Feb 7, 2021.

1. John K_67 Win User

MS Maps App Wrong Location

Hi:

You have a problem with your location finder for Maps and Find My Device. Bing, I set it manually so it is alright. Google Maps finds my precise location fine. I've tried resetting everything within windows for Maps, but the problem seems to be on your end. When I do Find My Device, your backend is pulling the wrong address info. In attached pic from your Find My Device, the device info is correct but the location is wrong, I live in Yardley, PA 19067. MS Maps App Wrong Location c3fb04e2-756b-426a-8a73-b6d1f7dfcada?upload=true.jpg

The Maps App was working fine 'till about three weeks ago.

:)

John K_67, Feb 7, 2021

2. my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Wrong Location In MS EDGE and Windows Map App

Thank you! I will try out the things suggested. It will take a day or so.

I find it rather strange that the Maps app and Edge do not use the default. The location displayed is a residential street where I haven't been.

OldGuy51_1975, Feb 7, 2021
  4. MS Maps App Wrong Location

Windows 10 maps has my location wrong

Hi,

In order for the map to work again on your Windows 10 device, you need to make sure that the Location is turned on. Here are the steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Go to Privacy and then Location.
    • Turn Location on.
    • Scroll it down, make sure Maps is turn on under Choose apps which can use your location.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

MS Maps App Wrong Location

1. MS Maps App Wrong Location - Similar Threads - Maps App Wrong

2. Wrong Location in Windows Maps and Apps But Perfect on Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong Location in Windows Maps and Apps But Perfect on Chrome: Within the past week my home PC has been displaying a browser geolocation 100 miles from my home. Windows Map and other MS apps show that same incorrect location. Up until now my location was found perfectly on this same PC. If I check my browser geolocation in chrome its...
  3. Find My Device map shows wrong location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Find My Device map shows wrong location: I am sitting at my laptop in Utah, and the “find my device”map shows that my laptop is in California, where I happened to be two weeksago. What can I do to make this feature accurate? I’d like to really be able tofind my laptop if I ever need to.Thanks for any help....
  4. Wrong location in Maps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Wrong location in Maps: Last year I noticed that whenever I openMaps on my PC, my precise location is shown as an address I had 10 yearsago. All the PCs in my house showed this address in Maps as well even ones that did not have my Microsoft account signed in. I didsome research and found that...
  5. MS Maps is showing the wrong location

MS Maps is showing the wrong location: Hello, For some reason my location in MS Maps thinks I'm in Illinois. It keeps on changing my time zone on my laptop to central even though I live in the eastern time zone. My IP address is even registered on the east coast. What could be causing this issue? Thank...
  6. Wrong Location In MS EDGE and Windows Map App

Wrong Location In MS EDGE and Windows Map App: MS Edge opening Google Maps has the PC location off by 17 miles. Windows 10 Map App has same incorrect location. I have done the location set/reset. set the default location to the PC's location, cleared location history, stopped syncing, run SFC /SCANNOW, chkdsk, etc. to no...
  7. [FIXED] - Wrong location detected by Windows / Cortana / Maps

in Cortana
    [FIXED] - Wrong location detected by Windows / Cortana / Maps: I was frustrated that Windows was incorrectly reporting my location to my old address, despite updating my default location in Maps, and Google correctly locating my new home address. This is not about the locale detection, but the fine grained location services in Windows....
  8. Incorrect Location in Maps, Weather Apps

Incorrect Location in Maps, Weather Apps: I moved from Pennsylvania to New York 2 months ago. Geolocation is incorrect in Weather app, Maps app, Firefox desktop on Windows 10, it gives off my OLD address. Random sites that ask for location that is. Clean Windows 10 Install Clean Firefox Install Not behind VPN...
  9. Maps Has My Location Wrong.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Maps Has My Location Wrong.: Is there a way that Microsoft can fix the Maps App? Or can I delete it completely? I DO NOT live in Illinois. I live in Virginia. Can this company please fix this bug?...
  10. MS Maps app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Maps app: Ever since I installed the latest feature update V.1803, the MS Maps app shows my CURRENT location as somewhere in the middle of Argentina. which is 4,000 miles south of where I actually am. This also happens if I use MS Edge and go to the Bing Maps site. Can't be my...